- Over 15 years extensive experiences in Information Technology industry, especially in Oracle Database / Unix - like system administration, software design and implementation area.
- More than 10 years in Oracle databases (9i/10g/11g/11gR2) as Sr. Oracle Database Administrator in Oracle Exadata machine, IBM AIX, Redhat/CentOS Linux, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows.
- Solid hands-on experiences in installation, configuration, trouble-shooting, performance tuning in Oracle High Availability technologies, including 10g/11g RAC, ASM, Physical/Active DataGuard on AIX/Linux(X64) environments.
- Proficient with Database Cloning, Migration, Standby Database, Data Guard and Patching of Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Hand-on skills about Exadata hardware architecture including Storage, Grid and Infiniband. Deep understanding of key Exadata features including HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression), Smart Scan, Smart Flash Cache, Storage Index and Storage Management.
- First hands-on experiences in software and firmware maintenance of both the Database and Storage servers in the Exadata database machine including upgrades and patching.
- Provide and implement performance tuning recommendations of all components in Exadata database machine.
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g new features: Flash-Back Recovery, Data Pump, ASM, ASH, AWR, ADDM, ASSM, ASMM, Automatic Undo Management, Grid Monitoring and Recycle Bin.
- 6+ years experiences and solid hands-on experiences in Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting.
- Oracle GoldenGate data replicate middleware in Oracle to Oracle homogeneous environments and heterogeneous environments (including MS SQL Server to Oracle).
- Proficient in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup, RMAN backup with/without catalog, cold and hot backup, full/incremental backup.
- Highly skilled in SQL Tuning by using Oracle statistics management, Explain Plan, TKProf and necessary SQL code rewrite. Expertise in monitoring and performance tuning of Oracle database through tuning application, memory and disk by using Statspack/AWR/ADDM/SQL Advisor.
- Strong work experience with tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, OEM Grid Control 12c.
- Proficient in developing management / monitoring scripts by using Korn/Bash Shell and Perl.
- Results-Driven with ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment; Strong analytical and communication skills with the enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
Database: Oracle Database 9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Language : SQL and PL/SQL, C/C++, Qt, Java,Perl, Korn/Bash Shell scripts
Hardware: Oracle X2/X3/X4/X5 full rack Exadata, IBM PowerPC, X64 servers, Sparc, HP-UX
Data Replication: Oracle GoldenGate
Monitor Tools: Oracle OEM 12c, Zabbix
Confidential, Houston, TX
Oracle Database Administrator & Software Developer
Environment: CentOS6/7, 5 node High performance computing cluster plus 30 node HPC data center. NIS, NFS, B-shell,C/C++
- Installation and Configuration of GoldenGate 11.2 for Uni - directional and Bi-directional replication of data and troubleshooting, GoldenGate Extract and Replication files for Multiple Databases.
- Supporting Multi node 11g RAC / 12c RAC and Data Guard environment for High Availability.
- Install, setup and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c as a tool of administration,performance tuning, monitoring, alerts and also OEM Grid Control 11g/12c.
- Troubleshooting errors using Clusterware logs and patching 11g and 12c RAC environments.
- Involved in up gradation of databases from 184.108.40.206 to 12C in QA and DEV environments.
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases. Managing disks and disk groups with ASM.
- Knowledge in handling Distributed database and replication environment issues .
- Achieved High availability, Data protection and maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Hands on experience working with Golden Gate Director and configured ODI to use Oracle GoldenGate for Change Data Capture.
- Configured RAC 11gR2 DataGuard Standby Databases using Data Guard Broker.
- Worked on 11g new feature Active Dataguard and converted physical standby to snapshot standby.
- Experience in fulfilling DBA daily activities, including schema management, user management (creating users, privileges, roles, quotas, tables, indexes and sequences), monitoring, scheduling jobs, Unix shell scripting.
- Performing Backups (Full, Cumulative, Differential), Recoveries using RMAN-NetBackup and Experienced in creating duplicate databases using RMAN.
- Experience in Data Refresh from Production to Test & Development environments using RMAN Duplicate Database.
- Implemented data transfer using Data Pumps and Export/Import utilities.
- Responsible to monitor database performance using AWR, ASH and ADDM using Oracle Enterprise Manager Database and Grid Control 11g/12c, generated reports as needed.
- Performance tuning via AWR and Statspack. Fine tune Transaction intensive servers i.e. OLTP situations (I/O bottlenecks, SGA, pinning objects, Sort space, Redo logs) using explain plan, tkprof and identifying the execution plan and tune queries, using Indexes, hints etc. Exporting dictionary statistics from production to stage for tuning.
- Used Flashback Technologies-Flashback Table, Flashback Query & Flashback Database to recover from user errors and minimize the Full/Incomplete database recoveries.
- Working with Development, QA and other teams to resolve the issues.
- Implemented Oracle Partitioning, Advance Queuing and Index-Only Tables to enhance performance of large OLTP environments and enhance the online community experience.
- Responsible to develop UNIX shell scripts to automate support tasks.
- Responsible for network configuration and involved in a Client-Server environment using TNS, LISTNER, Net Configuration Assistant and other configuration files.
- Created a disaster recovery (DR) document that recommended five different approaches to managing Disaster Recovery, implemented, test and supporting resulting strategy.
- Executing DDL changes, Capacity planning and forecasting Query tuning and optimization.
- Creating and dropping of Users, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles when required.
- Developed Scripts for transferring data from production server to testing/development servers.
- Experience in using Oracle Tools and utilities such as TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer.
- Develop seismic data processing software(running on HPC), maintaining high performance GPU cluster.
Environment: CentOS5.8, High performance computing cluster data center. NIS, NFS, B-shell,C/C++/Qt4 . Up to 20Tb size data.
- Test and develop seismic data processing software/system (running on HPC), building & maintaining high performance cluster.
Oracle DBA/ Engineer / Assistant Engineer/ Technician
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, SQL, Oracle Grid Control, Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control,TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ASM
- Involved in gathering user Requirements, application design, and analysis of hardware requirements to meet business needs.
- Configuration of system to achieve High Availability, Load balancing and automatic fail over functionality.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN, Hot and Cold backups.
- Taking the RMAN incremental and cumulative backups.
- Install, upgrade and maintain Oracle 10g on Sun Solaris and Windows 2003
- Implementing Database Security, Management of role - based security.
- Applying Patches 10.2.0.1 and applying Oracle DST Patches on Oracle database.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Table space usage, checking alert log, trace files,monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup.
- Cloning of databases from production to test environments.
- Periodic data refresh from production to testing environments, Re-organizing database structures etc.
- Scheduling the databases backup using Crontab.
- Extensive experience in RMAN recovery in RAC and standalone database.
- Created a Clone Database using RMAN on remote Server and used SRVCTL commands for Real Application Cluster (RAC) Databases.
- Implemented Data-Guard with maximum availability, protection and performance configurations and worked with Data-Guard Fail over and Switch over cases at the times of up-gradation and migration.
- Monitoring the Oracle Instances, Users, Tables, Tablespaces, Memory structures, and Rollback segments,Redo logs, Archived Redo logs and Alerts.
- Creation of Users and granting them the required Roles and Privileges accordingly.
- Involvement in space management, rectification of lock problems, managed quotas.
- As a Engineer, I involved in Building(houses, bridges, tunnels, railways) construction, and related managers living houses, offices building, power calculate, data center/computer center/network design, cooling conditions design.