Oracle Dba Resume
- An experienced IT professional, with an overall work experience of 11 years in industry with experience in Database Administration of Oracle Database.
- Performed upgrade of the database from 10g to 11g.
- Extensive experience in Oracle RDBMS, Database development using SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and Packages and all areas of Database Administration.
- Worked with team to prepare SLAs and OLAs for handling goals and managing expectations.
- Created SOP's and WI for DBA team and worked with other technical teams as part of transferring responsibilities.
- Implemented oracle security about accessibility of data to multiple users of databases.
- Excellent experience in installation, configuration and administration of Oracle 9i, 10g,11g in UNIX environment.
- Worked with peoplesoft dba team for production moves, migrating code bases.
- Experience as an Oracle DBA with strong skills in Database Administration of very large Production databases and Experience in using Oracle tools & utilities.
- Involved as DBA with development, testing and QA teams for the successful development, testing and deployment of code on regular basis.
- Proven Experience in Schema management, Partitioning of tables and indexes, data file and extent management, as well as user/privilege management.
- Experience in Installation, configuration and Administering of Oracle 10g/11g RAC, 10g Grid Control, and Standby/Dataguard.
- Configured Cluster Ready Services(CRS)Transparent Application Failover(TAF) and Services
- Experience in ASM configuration and management. Proactive database monitoring and maintaining using 10g grid control.
- Proven experience in Upgrading and migrating mission critical databases both manually and DBCA. Applying patches whenever required.
- Performed backups and tested crash recoveries using conventional hot/cold backups and using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (Export/Import) and data pump.
- Proactive monitoring, identifying areas that need to be improved in the application and database. Also effective troubleshooting of database and performance problems.
- Proficient Experience in Monitoring, Performance tuning, Managing Devices and Database (Indexing, Normalization) also effective in using OEM.
- Performance Tuning Using SQL Tuning Advisor, Explain Plan, Rebuilding Indexes
- Gathering statistics information by Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) Reports and analyzing performance issues using ADDM.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
RDBMS: ORACLE 11g,10g
Operating Systems: Solaris 10, AIX, HP - UX
Backup tools: RMAN
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
- Architecting, planning, designing, developing, deploying and supporting RAC/ASM environment
- Installing & configuring Oracle clusterware & Database Software (Troubleshooting using cluvfy & handling common issues that arise during integration of the whole - bugs, network issues, configuration files issues, OCR issue, deinstallation & cleanup of clusterware)
- Testing and benchmarked the application prior to going into production to determine its effects on GES and GCS with special focus on load testing for interconnect traffic.
- Worked with customer for different RAC related issue: hangcheck timer, split brain, RAC recovery, ASM, OCR corruptions, Voting disk loss & so on
- Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events)
- Backup and Recovery issues related (loss of OCR, Voting Disk and Oracle clusterware) & also issues with corruption of individual disk data blocks, loss of OS configuration files, loss of net configuration files. Also used the Merge backup for backing terabyte databases. Issues with block change tracking & also flash recovery area.
- Resolved/Diagnose Node Eviction.
- Upgrade of 10g R2 RAC to 11g R2 RAC
- Add or Remove Node from RAC.
- Documented the SLA's and SOP's for the steps to create databases
- Worked with team to install 6 node RAC in 11g
- Upgraded 10g databases to 11g
- Database and Application Performance Tuning.
- Database and Data Integration Documentation, Testing and Validation.
- Functional and Technical Evaluation of Products and Database Upgrades and patches.
- Change Management.
- Post-implementation Support.
- On-Call activities.
- Monitoring, following up & working with Oracle Support in resolving issues by SR's.
- Daily monitoring of database backups.
- Gathering database statistical information using AWR reports when the performance is both good and bad.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Successfully implemented 3 node 10g RAC on Sun cluster Veritas file system.
- Implemented Grid control for 10g RAC for monitoring of nodes performance.
- Configured RMAN hot backup for 10g RAC database.
- Migrated single instance 10g database to 3 node 10g RAC environment.
- Successfully implemented dataguard in 10g RAC environment for maximum availability.
- DBA for Managing Highly transactional HP Superdome Server hosted with SCMDATA - Oracle 10.2.0.2
- Tuned SQLs created by the developers and changed various db parameters to enhance performance.
- Maintaining SCMDATA database response time less than 3 seconds for usage records from customer care screens
- Planned future storage requirements and direction of growth on the new system.
- Setup various cron scripts to enable proactive monitoring of the database
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes