- Over 6+ Years of experience in Oracle Database Administration, installation, configuration, upgrades, performance tuning, backup and recovery, production support, cloning, refresh, space management, database security
- Wrote several Purging shell scripts on Linux which have been using as standard script at the workplace
- Participated in planning and implementation of off - site Disaster-Recovery planning and testing
- Worked with development and operations staff in resolving problems quickly and efficiently
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10g RAC servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Performed backup & recovery of large databases and provided 24X7 production support to high critical databases
- Handled operational responsibilities like database refreshes/copy backs, security, documenting standards and procedures, data migration, data clean-up, data archiving, etc
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery including- hot and cold backup
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical and communications skills
- Experience in providing 24/7 production and development support of Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, 9i, 8i
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as installation, database creation, sizing, backup and recovery, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience in query optimization, cloning, patches, up gradation, migration, troubleshooting, TAR support, space management and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Excellent experience as an Oracle DBA in various platforms such as Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Red Hat Linux, Windows etc.
- Plan, install, configure and perform upgrades of Oracle DBMS software on various platforms.
- Implementation of high availability solutions with Oracle 10g RAC, Physical and Logical Standby database, Data Guard, Materialized views, Bi Directional Streams Replication, GoldenGate.
- Experience in database administration of OLTP and Data Warehousing applications.
- Experience with Systems Analysis, Design and Data Modeling.
- Recovery of Databases from Media failure, Block Corruptions, User errors.
- Excellence in Performance Tuning using STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, AWR, ADDM
- Proactive monitoring, identifying areas that need to be improved in the application and database using AWR, ADDM and 10g OEM Grid Monitoring.
- Experience with writing Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL Shell Scripting and analyzed Batch programs.
- Proficient in Database Design (Physical and Logical Database Design) and Normalization.
- Expert experience in Hot and Cold Backup and Recovery, cloning of databases using RMAN, Veritas NetBackup and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Used EXPDP & IMPDP to take backup at database level or tablespace level and also to accomplish table level and full database de-fragmentation.
- Proficient in using various database Utilities like EXPORT/IMPORT, DataPump, TOAD. Expert in systems analysis and architecture, capacity planning, backup/recovery, installation, configuration, apply patches, troubleshooting, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Design, development, and testing of backup and recovery to ensure complete recoverability.
- Solid experience in disaster recovery, routine maintenance for Oracle databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.x and Windows XP
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g
LANGUAGES: SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX Shell Scripting, Ksh, bash and Perl Scripting
SOFTWARE/ APPLICATIONS/ TOOLS: SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPAK, AWR, ASH, ADDM Service (OMS), Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, Sql Navigator, TOAD, Data Pump (expdp,impdp),SRVCTL,SQL*Plus
TUNING TOOLS: SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM
WEB TOOLS: HTML, XML
Confidential - New York, NY
Oracle Database Administrator
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
- Developed stored procedures, packages and database triggers.
- Proactive analysis of systems by running AWR, ADDM reports and taking necessary measures.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock and latch contention.
- Create table spaces, tables and indexes, sizing the system table space, allocating default table space for users.
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles as and when required.
- Knowledge of writing Automated Scripts in the cron for backups and restoration, arch to TSM.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM to improve the performance.
- Monitor CPU usage, I/O contention, memory paging and identify the resource and performance bottleneck. Creating physical databases with multiple table spaces from logical and physical data model
- Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
- Data migration between databases using both Oracle 10g and 11g export/import utility and Oracle 11g exp/imp data pump.
- Prepared scripts to tune developer SQL codes to maximize result return time
- Worked on large databases in Oracle 11g with multiple instances using Veritas Cluster.
- Performed cold and hot backup using Oracle's Data pump.
- Provided remote technical support using SSH and terminal services
- Troubleshooting, Restructuring and tuning for optimal performance of existing databases that were poorly designed for heavy hits.
- Cloned databases using scripts as well as RMAN. Installation, setup and configuration of Data guard
- Involved in design and enforcing of standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance
- Refreshed schema using Export/Import. Created the database, tablespace, tables, indexes, set privileges and user logins
- Resizing and reorganization of database objects: Tables, Indexes, Rollback segments and Redo log files of existing production and development systems. Resizing Tablespaces, Tables, indexes, Rollback segments.
- Design of databases following OFA: Creating Databases schemas, profiles, database links, Snapshots and Synonyms of objects as required to ensure data quality and security to comply with company's business rules. Oracle scripting in Windows/ Solaris and UNIX platform.
- Backup / Recovery methodology specification for mission critical databases
- Performed hot and cold Backups.
- Scheduled daily Exports/Imports to serve as temporary backups.
- Applied Patches on RAC, Standalone, Standby databases based on the requirements.
- Evaluated mix of backup and recovery methods based on organizational needs. Implemented, tested and documented various backup/recovery scenarios for knowledge base.
- Experience on working with data guard physical/logical standby databases.
- Used Data Pump for export and import. Wrote scripts for Backup of databases, maintenance of archive logs for databases. Streamlined backup procedures and implemented RMAN for backup and disaster recovery.
- Database Refreshing / Replication from production to testing using Exp/Imp.
- Designed, developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts to collect and monitor database metrics and Statspack snapshots and reports.
- Performed Table Partitioning, created Index Organized tables and Locally Managed Table spaces.
- Monitored and provided weekly reports on the server’s memory, disk and CPU I/O using tools and UNIX command-line utilities.
- Provided maintenance of user accounts, privileges, profiles and roles.
- Oracle DB System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) planning and Oracle DB 3-Tier architecture.
- Designed, tested and documented Oracle RAC database procedures
- Created, relocated and removed Services as needed in an Oracle RAC configuration
- Adding and removing nodes to existing Oracle database RAC configurations
- Resolving RAC specific issues such as node evictions
- Performed proactive and reactive tuning/managing database space utilization and growth
- Implementing Oracle ASM and resolving ASM related issues
- Detailed analysis of the business and users requirements by doing various information gathering techniques.
Environment: Oracle RMAN, Oracle 11g (184.108.40.206), DBMS STATS, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
Oracle Database Administrator.
- Involved in team management, team building exercises for the DBA team.
- Involved in RAC administration including 10g Database cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
- Wrote several shell scripts for checking oracle errors in alert file and database backup log files.
- Cloning of application from production environment to test environment and application of patches.
- Performing Backup/Recovery of all the Oracle databases using RMAN, also setup RMAN catalog for the same.
- Experience in ORACLE SERVER ADMINISTRATION. Created Users, Implementing Backups, Cloned the Databases, Backing up and Refreshing ORACLE DB’s.
- Creating table spaces, sizing the system table space, allocating default table spaces for users..
- Creating users with restricted access, with default and temporary table spaces.
- creating different kinds ofpartitions on tables and indexes
- Creating roles and granting to users based on their group requirements.
- Creating profiles and attaching them with users, performing hot and cold backups.
- Restoration and recovery from backup.
- Sizing the SGA, sizing the db buffers, shared SQL area, log buffer based on the requirements.
- Oracle Export, Import, SQL*Loader and data pump utilities.
- Installing &configuring Oracle 10g, 10g RAC,9i on Linux & AIX.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, patching of Oracle RDBMS.
- SQL issues and Tuning Considerations for Different Applications.
- Established and wrote the Performance Tuning guidelines for the Engineering Department to enhance the quality of the product for all current and future code development. This document includes hints for SQL, PL/SQL and JDBC performance tuning, application tuning.
- Led the application design team in developing a custom ETL application using built-in Oracle technology (Oracle Replication, Materialized Views, Snapshot's, and PL/SQL) as well as designing the Star Schema used to support the company's Enterprise Business Intelligence system.
- Established standards for all Oracle database environments based on Oracle's Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA). This initiative involved redesigning all new and legacy environments to adhere to these newly established standards.
- Established and wrote the Database Administrators Procedures document for the IT department. This document outlines all standards for the DBA Group including installing/upgrading Oracle, creating databases, DBA tools, administration and monitoring, naming standards, coding standards for Java and PL/SQL, policies, practices and procedures.
- Redesigned a thorough backup and recovery strategy for all major production systems.
Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.1, Oracle 9i (220.127.116.11), RMAN, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
Oracle Database Administrator/ Business analyst.
- Defined the structure of the Business Requirement to meet the project bottom-line.
- Detailed analysis of the business and users requirements by doing various information gathering techniques.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality, navigational flow and updated them about end-user sentiments.
- Coordinated with Project Managers to resolve risk issues and ensure compliance of Security System-Related to the HIPAA.
- Active member of the team dealing with complex mapping semantics.
- Worked with application developers to debug PL/SQL procedure, tune queries and database sizing.
- Supervised the installation and configuration of Oracle databases on Linux and Windows NT.
- Writing SQL scripts to monitor database performance.
- Writing SQL Loader control files for data loading to the payroll system.
- Database tuning, backup and recovery and general day to day running of the system.
- Used Oracle Enterprise Manager to start up and shut down databases, to check for locks, monitor and kill user sessions, monitor database performance and other day-to-day tasks.
- Systems analysis and design.
- Gathered AS-IS and TO-BE information about Arch Insurance’s work processes and information flows (Claims process, Membership, Enrollment) and conceptualized using swim lane activity diagrams.
- Validated and documented various needs of the projects by coordinating with higher management and project manager.
Environment: Windows, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis. Oracle 10.2.0.1, Oracle 9i (18.104.22.168), RMAN, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0