- Over 6 years of comprehensive experience in Designing and Administering database solutions that improve business efficiency, utilizing strong background in Information Technology Management of 10g/11g/12c on Oracle Database Administration. Has extensive experience in Datapump, Dataguard, Golden Gate among other Oracle Application and platforms - Sun SOLARIS, HP UNIX, RH Linux and Windows Server to provide data security, hardware support and system stability. Able to perform upgrades, patch maintenance, and integration with on oracle database environments to improve timeliness of reports, analyzing inventory, and cost reduction.
- Implemented LINUX HUGE PAGES on OEL 5.5 and Redhat Linux 6.x for Clustered Environments.
- Applying Patches, Critical Patch Update/Patch Set update and One-off Patches using OPatch.
- Experience in patching RAC databases in rolling fashion to maintain high availability.
- Experience in tuning database and memory components for optimal performance using AWR, ADDM and ASH reports.
- Providing DBA support to multiple Cluster, Non-cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers in Exadata, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Solaris Environments.
- Have Hands on working in both Application and Production support environment.
- Excellent experience in Installation, administration and troubleshooting of Oracle … for OLTP (multiple instances)/ OLAP environment on Very Large or Highly Transactional Databases.
- Expertise in setup, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer in various versions.
- Having good experience in configuring OEM 12C cloud control and have hands on experience in monitoring databases using OEM 10g/11g.
- Setup, Configured and Maintained Oracle Data Guard to control Primary and Standby Databases and also to ensure disaster recovery using various data protection modes.
- Expertise in setup/implementation/maintenance of Real-Application-Cluster (RAC) on 10g/11g
- Experience of Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration and troubleshooting Golden Gate Extract and Replicate issues
- Implemented RMAN backup(Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Data Guard
- Solid experience in disaster recovery, Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, cold and hot backup, full back up, incremental, cumulative backup and implementing backup and recovery strategies
- System administration, Oracle Problem analysis and resolution and active cloning of databases from one server to another server
- Testing and implementing different physical (hot/cold) and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import
- Created database & database objects like table, index, table space, rollback/undo segments and views & analyzed relevant objects to collect statistics to tune the system performance.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of Disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
- Data loading using SQL*LOADER, Logical backups using full export and DATAPUMP. Involved in tuning applications for optimal response time using SQL /Optimizer Trace at various levels and events, Explain Plan, TKprof, Oradebug and also identifying the poor SQL's, histograms, row chaining & row migrations and tune accordingly.
- Installing Oracle patches, Migration of database across releases.
- Implemented oracle 12c active standby database for test database environment.
- Implemented oracle 12c flexi asm for pre-prod environment.
- Utilized rman recover table functionality and created proof of concepts for our pre-prod environment.
- Implemented OEM 12c Repository database, OEM 12c Agent and golden gate plugin Installations.
- Extensive Experience with Change Board Meetings and Change Control Management for all database changes.
- Providing database administrative support and 24x7 on call support for production, development oracle 12c/11g databases on Red Hat Linux 5.0 and oracle enterprise Linux 5.5
- Experience with large databases (1.5 Tb) for OLTP and OLAP applications.
- Performed installation, configuration and maintenance of oracle 11g/12c, 11g RAC databases.
- Experience in configuring oracle 10g, 11g Real application cluster (RAC) (2 and 3 nodes) using cluster ware and automatic storage management (ASM).
- Performed migration of oracle 10g/11g non RAC single instance to RAC database instances.
- Experience with 11g cluster maintenance using CRSCTL command.
- Experience in using SRVCTL command for Oracle 11g RAC database.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery database 10g/11gData Guard on physical standby database in maximum performance mode using LGWR ASYNC mode.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
- Applied PSU Patches (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124) as a part of maintenance activity.
- Experience in Monitoring and Tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN Client
Database: Utilities SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import
Confidential - Houston, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked as a team member for 24x7 support with on call rotation in all prod, QA and dev environments.
- Setup New databases on Clustered and Non clustered environment and Implemented Maximum Availability Architecture using RAC, DATAGUARD and Golden Gate
- Upgrade 11G Rac to 12c RAC and Administering the RAC Environment through SRVCTL and CRSCTL and applied patches in rolling fashion
- Worked on 12c RAC new builds and administering 12c RAC and managed ASM on RAC
- Creating Volume and Configured ACFS on ASM diskgroup and Extensively worked on creation oracle Databases with ASM filesystem
- Configured diskgroups with different redundancy levels and created fail groups and managing and tuning ASM parameters
- Configuration & Troubleshooting the Oracle DataGuard & GoldenGate environment in Oracle 11g & 12c versions.
- Configured Golden Gate 12c RAC, RAC Active configuration with 12c database
- Hands on experience in GGSCI utility for administering Extract, Pump, Replicate & reviewing the error logs and troubleshooting Abend scenarios.
- Configured GoldenGate BI-DIRECTIONAL replication and extensively used CDR parameters
- Full database, Schema refresh using RMAN, Datapump and Implemented the Backup strategies using RMAN catalog and nocatalog methods.
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts and passwords, monitoring application security
- Responsible to improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan
- Handled High volume production databases around 25 TB size along with Physical standby databases
- Proficient in Oracle High Availability features like RAC, DATA GUARD, GRID CONTROL and Oracle Performance Tuning Utilities like ADDM, AWR, ASH, SQL-Tuning Advisor, EXPLAIN PLAN, TK PROF, DBV.
- Performed Data file recovery from logical and physical block corruptions
- Good understanding and Implementation expertise in RAC, ASM, Data Guard like remedy change and user tickets, frequently communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers.
- Exp on Cluster management, event management, application management, connection management, storage management, load balancing and availability. Continuous monitoring of performance during peak and non-peak loads using AWR reports, ASH, ADDM and Optimization SQL code using SQL Trace, tkrpof, Explain plan.
- Experience working with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers.
- Partitioning strategies for very large tables. Implemented Range, List, Hash and various Sub Partitions, Create and schedule refresh for materialized views.
- Work with Oracle Data Pump (expdp and impdp) which provides high speed, parallel, bulk data and metadata movement of Oracle database contents.
- Management of schema objects, partitioning of tables & indexes and performing SQL*Loader jobs for loading data from flat files (ETL) and Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
- SQL tuning - AWR history of sql execution, index recommendations, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Real Time SQL Monitoring, Interpret Execution plans, Re-write more efficient SQLs.
- Data Refresh of large production data warehouse environment to setup test, development environments using SAN level storage mirroring: Gold image copy and cloning.
- Tuned the Database and applications using AWR, ADDM, STATSPACK, ESTIMATE, ANALYSE, EXPLAINPLAN, SQLTRACE, and TKPROF and gathered DBMS statistics.
- Configured RAC database with 4 nodes. Implemented Data Guard, Physical and logical Stand by databases to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g
- Using TCP/IP Protocol Configured SQL*Net files on server / client machines, and resolved client connectivity issues.
- Worked on setting up Physical Standby Data Guard environment for Prod & non-prod databases.
- Provide support to developers to enhance their SQL, PL/SQL code and responsible for setting up of new user accounts, schema Deployments and related user administrative tasks.
- Successful in installation/maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 126.96.36.199 and Oracle 10.2.0.5 RAC databases.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
Environment: Oracle 11g/11g RAC/12c, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 188.8.131.52, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Administered and monitored over 150 databases both on 10g/11g on prod/test/dev environments
- Administering Oracle Databases 10g/11g of sizes ranging from 100GB to 5TB
- Migrated databases from File-system to Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Involved in migrating applications from Solaris 10g/11g to Linux 184.108.40.206 using Transportable Tablespace, RMAN Convert
- Up-gradation of single instance databases from 10.2.0.4 to 220.127.116.11 on Linux
- Responsible for using Flashback query mechanism along with automatic undo management
- Experience in Creating Physical and logical database design Data Models using Erwin Tool.
- Installed 12C grid control and Used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control 11g/12c for monitoring databases.
- Programming in shell to create shell scripts that automate the database backups and maintenance.
- Involved in Mass Agent Deployment using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability and performance configurations for production databases
- Worked on Active data guard, Fail over and Switch over cases
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Applied Bug fixes patches, Quarterly Security Patches for RAC and non-RAC servers for issues when upgrading, DR switchover testing.
- Reconfigured the OCR, public and private interconnects, modifying the VIPs and the subnet masks for 2, 3, 4 Node RAC Clusters and Upgraded single instance 9i/10g databases to 11gR2 RAC.
- Setup, reconfigured and monitored 2, 3 Node RAC Primary to 2, 3 Node RAC Dataguard for DR.
- Tested the Dataguard (DR) SWITCHOVER of RAC to RAC Dataguard as part of the migration.
- Created new databases/instances on 12c/11g RAC and single instances using customized scripts, DBCA.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and excellent experience with SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints
- Performance monitoring and Database/Instance/clustered Application tuning using Dictionary views, AWR (Statspack), ADDM, ASM reports, OEM Grid Control, tuned SGA/PGA parameters, initialization parameters and reorganized physical objects (tables & indexes) and tablespaces to improve the performance.
- Redesigned table and index partitioning strategies, using HINTS to improve the query performance.
- Developed, modified and optimized very complex queries to data retrieval using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, parallel processing and partitioning techniques.
- Monitoring the CPU, memory usage, I/O contention on servers using top, iostat, sar, glance, vmstat etc.
- Designed daily, weekly Backup and Recovery procedures for production, non- production databases using RMAN backups taking periodic Complete, cumulative and differential Incremental Backups.
- Migrated VLDB multi terabyte databases around 10TB and redesigned the RMAN backup Strategy.
- Data Refresh/Cloning from Production environment to setup QA/ DEV using RMAN Duplicate.
- Intensively used latest 10g/11g Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM) reports for the health check of the databases, and used the notification tool to send the alerts in OEM Grid Control.
- Scheduled UNIX scripts in crontab jobs to automate daily tasks like backups, monitoring the alert logs, backup logs, cleaning the old archive logs, old log files, tablespace monitoring to send notification emails.
- Migrated data to a new ASM Diskgroup to improve the IO performance of the database.
- Export/Import, Datapump, Transportable tablepsaces to migrate databases from one database to another.
- Data aggregation and replication setup using Oracle Streams and Materialized views for reporting.
- Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot, resolve the issues, monitoring alert log, trace files.
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.