- 8 years of IT Experience
- Over 7 years of Managing Oracle Databases from 9i to 12c.
- Over 3 years in Managing SQL Server Databases
- Pose strong expertise in Building, Configuring, Troubleshooting and Managing Oracle RDBMS areas
- Worked on the following OS in managing RDBMS
- Linux, CentOS, Fedora
- Solaris, AIX
- Database Security Administration using roles/grants and Fine Grain Access Control.
- Good understanding about Exadata features like Smart Scan, Compression, Flash Cache, etc.
- Hands - on experiences in software and firmware maintenance of both the Database and Storage servers in the Exadata database machine including upgrades and patching.
- Provide and implement performance tuning recommendations of all components in Exadata database machine.
- Worked on the Upgrade and Migration Project
- Provided guidance and develop Disaster Recovery strategies
- 24*7*365 DBA support for databases with a large number of users located all over the world.
- Good understanding of PL/SQL, database triggers, functions and procedures/
- Identified root cause of performance issue using ASH, AWR, ADDM,
- Used SQL Advisor, tkprof, execution plan to enhance SQL/Instance Tuning
- Install and supported Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 on Server 2012.
- Setup Disaster recovery site using oracle data Guard.
- Setup Oracle GoldenGate
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- 11g Grid Control
- Explain Plans
- Grants / Privs / Roles
- Data Guard
- 12c Cloud Control
- Oracle Security
- Tablespace Management
- User Management
- Oracle Vault
- RMAN restore / recovery
- RMAN Backups
- Data Pump
- 13c Cloud Control
- Shell Scripting dbLinks
- Fine Grain Auditing
- Export Import
- Export Imports
- Flash Recovery Area
- Smart Scans
- Flash Cache
- SQL Server
- CPU / PSU patches tkporf
- ASH / AWR / ADDM
Oracle and SQL DBA, Chicago, IL
- Provided production and development support to Oracle database (9i, 10g, 11g and 12c.)
- Build 11g and 12c RAC Clusters
- Set up Active Data Guard and worked on the Disaster Recovery project
- Worked with Storage team for ASM and other file system needs.
- Set up uni-directional Golden Gate for replication.
- Provided assistance to Customers in Solving ORA- errors
- Provided assistance to Implement Huge pages /Large Pages in Unix platforms
- Worked on many data refreshing tickets using Data Pump and RMAN Duplicated database.
- Worked with Oracle Development for best practices
- Provided assistance to customers in production Database Hung and non-responsive issues
- Supported application and professional services to manage their data ranging from GB to TB in oracle database, solving of space problem, data loading problem.
- Providing all round DBA support to resolve Application and DB outages on production, development, test and staging Customer environments across the Globe.
- Involved in resolving issues after Installations, Upgrades, Cloning, patching (both DB and Applications), CPU patches, and one off patches.
- Setup the RMAN Backups for all the Production databases satisfying RTO and RPO. Leading in performing periodic DR Drill and testing RMAN backups with various scenarios.
- Evaluated Oracle Database Monitoring and PL/SQL tools.
- Helped on Demand engineers in the dry run for disaster recovery test for On Demand Customer instances.
- Investigate, diagnose, and quickly resolve performance related issues using OEM, dynamic view, SQL Advisor, ASH, AWR, ADDM, tkprof, explain plan, real time SQL Monitoring etc.
- Install Oracle supplied tools to assist in database and SQL Tuning like SQLT.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Upgrade/Migration databases from Oracle 10g to Oracle 12c.
- Setting up and testing the backup and recovery strategies
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Applied various recovery scenarios for complete and incomplete recovery in case of failure
- Support SQL Server database using SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2012.
- Applied CPU/PSU and one off patches.
Oracle and SQL DBA, Chicago, IL
- New installations of Oracle RAC on Linux
- Created Users/Roles, granted/revoked Permissions/Roles, defined quota on Tablespaces for users, and effective management of Locally Managed Tablespaces, Dictionary-Managed Tablespaces, and Temporary Tablespaces.
- Used expdp/imp, data pump and dblinks to move the data
- Worked on standard and enterprise edition of the Oracle RDBMS.
- Worked on database backup using RMAN for HOT backup and scripts written for COLD backup.
- Worked on schema Reorganizations for better space management
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, allocated quotas to user and managed disk space
- Migrate standalone to RAC.
- Migrate from NON-ASM to ASM.
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle 9i, 10g, 9iAS; Sun Solaris Unix, Linux Windows XP, Oracle Forms 10g, Oracle Streams Oracle Reports 10g, Oracle Developer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Used specific relational database management system structure and technology to create and maintain physical databases. Worked with Oracle 9i and 10G databases.
- Interfaced with clients on a regular (daily) basis.
- Implemented procedures and practices regarding database design, development, monitoring, access, and upkeep.
- Installed and configured database management system software.
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Implemented capacity planning for databases.
- Served in an administrative role regarding database privileges, security, and migration.
- Developed policies and procedures for system operations to better serve clients.
- Presented database management solutions to internal clients
- Used Oracle 10g AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Responsible for quarterly patching and bug fixes.
- Installing, Monitoring, Upgrading Oracle 9i/10g/11g.
- Created Physical standby Data Guard.
- Configured Data Broker Configuration for Data Guard database.
- Practiced switched over and failover for Disaster Recovery.
- Database Backup, Database Restore and Database Recovery using various tools.
- Database Reorganizations for better space management.
- Performed Database Refreshes and Database Copies for Development, Test and Production
- Supported multiple accounts on versions 9i to 11g
- Installation of Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i under Windows, RH Linux, Sun Solaris and Upgrading to new versions and applying patches as required.
- Install, tune and configure complex clustered database environments. Creating Database, Tablespaces, Rollback Segments etc.
- Create and maintain users, roles and privileges.
- Installed and configured Oracle Grid control.
- Extensively used data moving utilities like export/import, Data pump, Migrated flat files from different sources into Oracle Database using SQL*Loader and Performed DB cloning.
- Performed Online/Offline database backups.
- Built and configured RMAN Recovery Catalog for Backup and Recovery strategy.
- Involved in DB Security, Audit and Risk Management of DB systems.
- Implemented backup strategies which involved taking an incremental backup and enabled the block change tracking feature.
- Involved in monitoring the lock and latches processes, releasing locks in case of resource blockage and gathering statistics.