- 7+ years of experience in Oracle DBA
- Over 2 years in other IT related fields.
- Implementation of various databases and database schemas intensively.
- Implemented Materialize Views for reporting purpose.
- Build RAC nodes.
- Vast experience on Linux, AIX, HPUX, Solaris and Windows.
- Installed and maintained Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g database server on various platforms.
- Installed 12c Database on VMware.
- Installed SQL Server 2005, 2008 on Windows 2008.
- Performed migration of Oracle version 9i to 10g release 2 RAC based environment.
- Experience in working with RAC environment.
- Created and configured Data Guard (Standby Database)
- Experienced in Oracle 9i/10g features (RMAN, Data Guard, and Standby Database).
- Experience in taking HOT and COLD backup of the database and also the individual tablespaces.
- Experience in Backup & Recovery techniques using RMAN.
- Implemented different backup policies for different servers using RMAN.
- Restored and recovered the databases in case of disk crash.
- Load data using SQL loader.
- Taken different type of backups on SQL Server.
- Experience in installing patches for upgrades and for various problems.
- Performed the upgrade of Oracle version 9i to 10g to 11g R2.
- Worked on Export / Imports using Data Pump
- Experience working with 24x7 production support.
- Creating roles, profiles, privileges and assigning roles to users.
- Extensively worked on monitoring and optimizing the database by performance tuning
- Monitor usage of the databases and perform database tuning.
- Experience in SQL TRACE and TKPROF .
- Extensive experience in Oracle Partitioning .
- Involved in database monitoring activities using STATSPACK.
- Worked heavily with 10g, 11g and 12c Grid control.
- Documented most critical procedures and trained backup staff to run them.
- Troubleshooting of networking issues.
- Good understanding of Indexes and statistics.
- Good understanding of Dictionary tables and views.
- Analyzed Tables, Indexes periodically to optimize the SQL queries.
- Developing UNIX shell scripts and Perl scripts and SQL scripts to carry out routine checks on databases.
- Monitored indexes and analyzed their status for performance tuning and query optimization.
- Experience in Oracle Server installation, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, backup/recovery.
- Worked extensively with ASM builds and disk group management .
- Experience in resource management like data files, online redo log files, control files, and allocating logical storage structures like tablespaces, segments and extents
- Implemented proactive monitoring scripts for production databases.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL queries, Stored Procedure, Function, Views, and Triggers.
- Setup Data Guard from scratch.
- Troubleshoot performance issues using ASH, AWR and ADDM,
- Provided 24/7 on - call support to customers.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Script and Markup Languages: Unix bash shell programming, HTML, Windows Batch files
OS & Administration: Linux, Windows, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
Database: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c / SQL Server 2005, 2008
Concepts and Administration: Data Guard (Standby)
Real Application Cluster (RAC): Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
Data Guard: OCFS
Grid Control: MS SQL Server
Confidential, Midland, MI
Contractor - Oracle DBA
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g RAC, ASM, Linux, Solaris, Data Guard
- Involved in 24x7 support for production RAC databases with on-call pager
- Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes.
- Installation of 9i, 10g and 11g clients/databases on Solaris and Linux.
- Complete Build of 4-node 10g RAC Cluster on RHEL 4 from scratch.
- Migrated 10g database to 11g R2.
- Skilled with statspack, AWR, ADDM, SAR to check health of database & hardware.
- Used Performance tuning tools such as tkprof, explain plans, oradebug and trace files to tune SQL Queries.
- Performed database cloning to setup test and development database.
- Migrated databases to different data datacenter.
- Experienced with SRVCTL, OCR and Voting Disk of 10g RAC
- Handled RAC Node hangs and node eviction issues.
- Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
- Experienced with all kinds (Status, Performance, and Trend Analysis) of DB Monitoring.
- Index management for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery including hot and cold backup options for both RAC and standalone instances.
- Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 10g and 9i databases
- Created, upgraded, and cloned Oracle databases for Development and testing databases.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Contractor - Oracle DBA
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g RAC, ASM, Linux, Solaris, Data Guard, GoldenGate
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Configure and manage tablespaces, tables, and users for custom applications.
- Developed views, materialized views, functions, procedures, triggers, packages using PL/SQL & SQL to transform data between source staging area to target staging area
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles as and when required.
- Experienced with Space Management and Security.
- Experienced with GUI and CLI to manage database farm house.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance and maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Tuning high - resource queries introducing hints and creating indexes/parturitions, changing the query if necessary
- Configured and Maintenance of SQL Server databases
- Implemented 10g, 11g Physical Data Guard.
- Implemented Oracle high availability solution using oracle RAC, Physical Standby and GoldenGate.
- Importing data from flat files into database using SQL loader and External Tables
- Written shell scripts to automate the tasks
- Physical and Logical database design.
- Database sizing, Capacity Planning.
- Worked on relational modeling using ERWIN.
- Worked very closely with development team
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Supported 24/7 on-call pager support for mission critical financial databases.
- Involved in designing new structures/procedures/views/functions for development and data migration from production to reports.
- Created users, roles and granted privileges according to the business requirements.
- Data Modeling, Database Design and creation using Erwin.
- Database performance monitoring, Application performance monitoring, tuning database and application with efficient database parameters..
- Configuring TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for SQL*NET connectivity.
- Experience with pre-production and production of Oracle 10gR2 with multi node RAC with ASM
- Automated the replication process using materialized views for reporting databases.
- Plan and acquire the new technologies for and implementation, suitable for the applications in regard to the specific future requirements of the company's business projections and growth.
- Extensive use of Oracle Data pump, Exports/Imports utility for moving data among the servers.
- Performed large batch jobs, and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Created indexes to facilitate easy user interface implementation and tuning.
- Implemented advanced features of Oracle 10g such as Automatic Database Diagnostic
- Monitor (ADDM), Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for monitoring database performance.
- Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global
- 24x7 operational environments.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
Environment: Oracle 10g RAC, ASM, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, RMAN, SQL*Plus, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Data Guard, SQL*LOADER, Oracle OEM, Import/Export Data Pump, STATSPACK
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining Oracle RDBMS on UNIX, Linux platforms.
- Maintaining databases from all the environments from all pre production to production which are on RAC and monitoring the Analytics environment using Oracle Streams.
- Experienced in ORACLE 11g installation, configuration, and upgrading.
- Experience with rolling upgrade to Oracle 11G RAC.
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology for designing, analysis, development and implementation.
- Worked with lead DBAs for preparing cluster, configuring, installing Clusterware and Oracle
- 10g RAC on AIX and HACMP.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrading, Migration and Maintenance.
- Configure, maintain and deploy the Data Guard and grid control.
- Installing and maintaining Oracle GRID CONTROL
- Configured Workload Management, JDBC, FAN, TAF, ASM, and RMAN for maximum performance.
- Worked extensively on Oracle Streams.
- Troubleshoot OCFS2 install issues and working with Enterprise Manager.
- Design and implement Auditing and other security features for the existing Production systems.
- Raised SR and TAR with Oracle Support.
- Used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for administering several databases
- Backup of database Logical and Physical (hot and cold) procedures and also using RMAN.
- Migration from Linux to Solaris and 32 bit to 64 bit.
- Restore and Recovery of database in case of database crash, disk/media failure.
- Applying patches and works closely with Oracle to make Application environment up to date.
- Backups & Recovery Maintenance, Databases Performance Tuning.
- Typically involved in database Designing, creation and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and shell scripting.
- Created users and grant privileges according to the requirements.
- Working knowledge on UNIX administration on AIX server.
- Using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) for routine administration, database monitoring, replication process and performance tuning.
- Provided System support for both development and 24*7 production environments.
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bugs fixing logs & change requests for future reference.
- Performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Responsible for migration of databases.