- Applying Patches, Critical Patch Update/Patch Set update and One - off Patches using OPatch.
- Experience in tuning database and memory components for optimal performance using AWR, ADDM and ASH reports.
- Providing DBA support to multiple Cluster, Non-cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers in Exadata, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Solaris Environments.
- Have Hands on working in both Application and Production support environment.
- Excellent experience in Installation, administration and troubleshooting of Oracle … for OLTP (multiple instances)/ OLAP environment on Very Large or Highly Transactional Databases.
- Expertise in setup, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle SQL Developer in various versions.
- Having good experience in configuring OEM 11C cloud control and have hands on experience in monitoring databases using OEM 10g/11g.
- Implemented RMAN backup(Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, and Incomplete recovery.
- Experience in disaster recovery, Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, cold and hot backup, full back up, incremental, cumulative backup and implementing backup and recovery strategies
- System administration, Oracle Problem analysis and resolution and active cloning of databases from one server to another server
- Testing and implementing different physical (hot/cold) and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import
- Created database & database objects like table, index, table space, rollback/undo segments and views & analyzed relevant objects to collect statistics to tune the system performance.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of Disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
- Data loading using SQL*LOADER, Logical backups using full export and DATAPUMP. Involved in tuning applications for optimal response time using SQL /Optimizer Trace at various levels and events, Explain Plan, TKprof, Oradebug and also identifying the poor SQL's, histograms, row chaining & row migrations and tune accordingly.
- Installing Oracle patches, Migration of database across releases.
- Utilized rman recover table functionality and created proof of concepts for our pre-prod environment.
- Extensive Experience with Change Board Meetings and Change Control Management for all database changes.
- Providing database administrative support and 24x7 on call support for production, development oracle 10g/11g databases on Red Hat Linux 5.0 and oracle enterprise Linux 5.5
- Experience with large databases (1.5 Tb) for OLTP and OLAP applications.
- Experience with 11g cluster maintenance using CRSCTL command.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
- Applied PSU Patches (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168) as a part of maintenance activity.
- Experience in Monitoring and Tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention .
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 10g and 11g
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, and LogMeIn
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Full database, Schema refresh using RMAN, Datapump and Implemented the Backup strategies using RMAN catalog and nocatalog methods.
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts and passwords, monitoring application security
- Responsible to improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan
- Handled High volume production databases around 25 TB size along with Physical standby databases
- Proficient in Oracle Performance Tuning Utilities like ADDM, AWR, ASH, SQL-Tuning Advisor, EXPLAIN PLAN, TK PROF, DBV.
- Experience working with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers .
- Partitioning strategies for very large tables. Implemented Range, List, Hash and various Sub Partitions, Create and schedule refresh for materialized views.
- Work with Oracle Data Pump (expdp and impdp) which provides high speed, parallel, bulk data and metadata movement of Oracle database contents.
- Management of schema objects, partitioning of tables & indexes and performing SQL*Loader jobs for loading data from flat files (ETL) and Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
- SQL tuning - AWR history of sql execution, index recommendations, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Real Time SQL Monitoring, Interpret Execution plans, Re-write more efficient SQLs.
- Data Refresh of large production data warehouse environment to setup test, development environments using SAN level storage mirroring: Gold image copy and cloning .
- Tuned the Database and applications using AWR, ADDM, STATSPACK, ESTIMATE, ANALYSE, EXPLAINPLAN, SQLTRACE, and TKPROF and gathered DBMS statistics.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g
- Using TCP/IP Protocol Configured SQL*Net files on server / client machines, and resolved client connectivity issues.
- Provide support to developers to enhance their SQL, PL/SQL code and responsible for setting up of new user accounts, schema Deployments and related user administrative tasks.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack , Diagnostics Pack , and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 22.214.171.124, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms .
- Administered and monitored over 150 databases both on 10g/11g on prod/test/dev environments
- Administering Oracle Databases 10g/11g of sizes ranging from 100GB to 5TB
- Migrated databases from File-system to Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Involved in migrating applications from Solaris 10g/11g to Linux 126.96.36.199 using Transportable Tablespace, RMAN Convert
- Up-gradation of single instance databases from 10.2.0.4 to 188.8.131.52 on Linux
- Responsible for using Flashback query mechanism along with automatic undo management
- Experience in Creating Physical and logical database design Data Models using Erwin Tool.
- Programming in shell to create shell scripts that automate the database backups and maintenance.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Applied Bug fixes patches, Quarterly Security Patches for RAC and non-RAC servers for issues when upgrading, DR switchover testing.
- Created new databases/instances on 10g/11g single instances using customized scripts, DBCA.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and excellent experience with SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints
- Performance monitoring and Database/Instance/clustered Application tuning using Dictionary views, AWR (Statspack), ADDM, tuned SGA/PGA parameters, initialization parameters and reorganized physical objects (tables & indexes) and tablespaces to improve the performance.
- Redesigned table and index partitioning strategies, using HINTS to improve the query performance.
- Developed, modified and optimized very complex queries to data retrieval using Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, parallel processing and partitioning techniques.
- Monitoring the CPU, memory usage, I/O contention on servers using top, iostat, sar, glance, vmstat etc.
- Designed daily, weekly Backup and Recovery procedures for production, non- production databases using RMAN backups taking periodic Complete, cumulative and differential Incremental Backups .
- Migrated VLDB multi terabyte databases around 10TB and redesigned the RMAN backup Strategy.
- Data Refresh/Cloning from Production environment to setup QA/ DEV using RMAN Duplicate.
- Intensively used latest 10g/11g Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM) reports for the health check of the databases, and used the notification tool to send the alerts in OEM Grid Control.
- Scheduled UNIX scripts in crontab jobs to automate daily tasks like backups, monitoring the alert logs, backup logs, cleaning the old archive logs, old log files, tablespace monitoring to send notification emails.
- Export/Import, Datapump, Transportable tablepsaces to migrate databases from one database to another.
- Data aggregation and replication setup using Oracle Streams and Materialized views for reporting.
- Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot, resolve the issues, monitoring alert log, trace files.
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.