- Results - oriented, hands-on Oracle database administration with 19 years of information technology experience. Demonstrated success in partnering with developers on facilitate business growth through design, development and deployment of large-scale enterprise database systems and applications.
- Proven expertise in database design, configuration, backup/recovery, performance tuning, monitoring and automation. Extensive experience in huge volume, complex distributed on line transaction processing and data warehouse database systems across Solaris, Linux, Exadata, Virtual Machine and Confidential Cloud environments. Effective team player/leader with open mind and sense of responsibilities.
- Have knowledge of AWS.
Databases: Oracle 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 10gR2, 11g, 12c; Progress 9.0A, 9.0B, 9.1C, 9.1D, 10.0A 10.0B
Tools: /Utilities: Oracle DBMS, RAC/GRID, ASM, RMAN, Data Guard, Grid Control, AWR, ASH, EXPDP/IMPDP, Export/Import, SQL*Plus, OEM, SQL*Loader, Explain Plan, TKPROF, Pro*C, STATSPACK, UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT, LECCO DB Expert, TOAD, ERWIN, PRECISE, Embarcadero DBArtisan, Progress Dump/Load, PROMON, PROUTIL, PROBKUP, RFUTIL, PROSTRCT, PROREST, PROTOP, etc.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Created multiple Oracle Linux 7.4 servers in Oracle VM Virtual Box. Configured primary and slave name servers, Setup Oracle Exadata Simulator for ASM storage server. Installed Oracle Grid with RAC environment and with one node environment.
- Created Oracle 12c multitenant RAC databases, and 12c Grid one node database with ASM.
- Tested using different methods to create CDB and PDB.
- Plugged and unplugged pluggable database from RAC environment to one node environment, and vice versa.
- Migrated a non-cdb to a PDB.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Consultant)
- Upgraded 10+ databases from 11g to 12c.
- Configured Redhat(RHEL) 7.1 environment and setup Oracle 12c Grid standalone server with ASM.
- Designed and achieved workload performance analysis for tablespace encryption using Oracle real application testing.
- Successfully converted data warehouse database character set to UTF8.
- Built 12c standby database from tape on RAC Exadata machine.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Supported news machine learning team, successfully completed 50+ database Point-In-Time recovery. It covered 10+ years news data and two different media systems: Netbackup and Legato.
- Performed Oracle real application testing for database 12c upgrade. Analyzed the query performance before and after changes. Significantly improved productivity.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Designed and set up 20+ Oracle 11g, 12c databases with RAC, GRID, ASM and Data Guard environments on Solaris, Redhat(RHEL) and CentOS.
- Managed multi-billion transactions per day, complex distributed OLTP and OLAP database systems across different platforms including Exadata machine.
- Key DBA for Advertise data warehouse database ADW. Performed database capacity planning, CRS/GRID/database upgrading, patching, oracle bug fixing, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup/recovery, OS, DB, network monitoring, data fixing, storage migrating, databases server migrating, license supporting, and auditing.
- Designed and led db group cloned 5 Motorola financial databases to Confidential site. Collaborated with multiple teams. Completed it on time and without any data loss.
- Led and guided PwC consultants to archive databases to Confidential Cloud storage. Retained the data available on demand per SLA, greatly reduced the maintenance cost for physical server, OS, storage and database.
- Implemented IaaS(infrastructure as a service), migrated Oracle database from solaris to redhat linux on Confidential Cloud. Upgraded db from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11. Provided a flexible, scalable, and cost effective solution with DB traffic.
- Initialized DNB(Dart Network Builder) database. Setup, created, and wrote about 30+ SQL, PL/SQL programs and Unix shell scripts to build the monitoring/maintenance system, covered RAC, ASM storage, db activities, OS and rman backups. Improved efficiency. DNB was launched successfully on 10/25/08 as a key database in DART systems.
- Followed SDLC, designed 15 groups of ETL processes for DFA, coded with SQL, PL/SQL and shell scripts. Strong knowledge of data quality, data management and data testing strategies and practices. Successfully migrated from EPS to GEPS without any issues.
- Designed new data structure; Code review and approval for application developer; Troubleshooting, performance tuning with ASH, AWR, SQL profile. Reduced ads processing time from 32 minutes to less than 2 minutes in US cycle.
- Implemented and managed Oracle wallet which stores TDE(Transparent Data Encryption) master key for Oracle RAC and Data Guard.
- Created data redaction policies for sensitive information such as personally identifiable information, account number, etc.
- Evaluated and tested 12c new features, including multitenant database. Created a 12c container database, migrated and converted a non-pluggable database to the pluggable database.
- Monitored, health checked and patch applied on Exadata machine.
- Setup and configured Goldengate replication systems.
- Installed and supported SQL Server.
- Supported ETL with SQL/PLSQL, SQL loader, Unix scripts, Data pump(expdp/impdp).
- Primary administrator of data warehouse (DW) database, and COGNOS database. Supported 10+ production databases version from 8.1.7 to 10g in Sun and Linux servers.
- Cleaned up company wised Oracle historical tablespace problems. Migrated all data dictionary managed tablespace to local managed tablespace. Moved all old permanent temp tablespace to temporary temp tablespace. Setup databases to use undo tablespace. Removed the obstacle, made all databases be ready for RAC upgrade.
- Initialized Oracle 10g RAC installation/configuration for COGNOS database.
- Parallel upgraded DW database, migrated it from non-RAC to RAC in ASM. Minimized downtime, improved the application performance by average 55%.
- Established Enterprise wised RMAN image backup/recover standard.
- Led team to complete Oracle 10.2.0.3 upgrade for all RC databases.
- Collaborated with QA, developer and application teams, completed all RC databases refresh.
- Designed and worked with SA for Oracle RAC node swapping, upgraded node 5 and node 6 of PROD database with faster CPU and more memory servers without any issue.
- Configured shadow image for ASM.
Sr. DBA (Consultant)
- Primary DBA for STARWOOD 16 TB Oracle 10gR2 production data warehouse database. Managed and maintained table partitions, materialized views, replications; Gathered stats; Setup auditing; Initialized Resource Manager; Configured UTL MAIL email within database.
- Modified and configured Enterprise Manager Grid Control to monitor data warehouse database.
- Redesigned and setup Oracle RMAN backup/recovery procedure. Implemented 10g’s new feature with RMAN image copy and merge. Established the recovery strategy. Performed RMAN TSPITR (tablespace point-in-time recovery) and block corruption recovery.
- Supported OTLP production database in 10g RAC and ASM environment. Performance tuning with AWR.
- Installed Oracle software and applied patches.
- AHM mortgage origination system Oracle data warehouse DBA/Designer. It includes, but not limited to, data warehouse physical design, capacity planning, corporate database infrastructure setup, centralized performance/error monitoring, enterprise database backup/recovery/retention strategies, replications, and change control procedures. Oracle 10g DR standby/Data Guard solution.
- Designed and deployed corporate enterprise cash management and investor reporting database in Oracle 9iR2. Oracle RMAN backup/recovery planning/testing, procedures designing and setup.
- Supported Progress database. Performed database migrating and upgrading.
Oracle DBA/Progress DBA Team Leader
- In charge of the DBA group and administrated companywide Oracle databases (18 instances, versions from 8.0.4 to 9i 9.2.0) and Progress databases (9 instances, versions from 9.0A to 9.0B).
- Setup/configured multiple Oracle databases on Sun, HP UNIX and Windows NT/2000 servers.
- Led the teams to migrate Loan origination DB2 database from AS400 to Oracle 9i database on Sun V880 server.
- Setup the first HA for DFC with Oracle 9i Data Guard. Created physical and logical standby databases. Setup Oracle enterprise management server (OMS). Established central monitor/alert system architecture and deployment.
- Redesigned and developed Callcenter/Leads work flow. Rewrote SQL, PL/SQL queries. Simplified the procedure and improved the performance more than 100 times.
- Supported Progress database. Performed dump/load database to improve the performance.
Oracle DBA/Programmer/Analyst (Consultant)
- Administrated and maintained Confidential &T BMD (Business Markets Division) Oracle data warehouse databases.
- Designed and created tables for storing Confidential &T BMD inbound, outbound and local daily, weekly and monthly summary data; Setup replication processes; Performed data extract, transform and load for business analysis.
- According to database activities and nature of Oracle, allocated tablespaces with multiple files on different disks; separated data with different types and usages for better performance, easier backup and recovery.
- Designed and developed the data processing system for CLDB (Customs Location Database) system using C/C++ and UNIX KORN shell.
- Performed data processing for Confidential &T inbound and outbound daily, weekly and monthly summary data on UNIX with C/C++.
- Developed Flash/Realtime front-end using PowerBuilder.