- Oracle DBA with experience in installation, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Over 7 Years of experience as Oracle Database Administrator. Oracle 12c, 11g RAC/10g RAC/9i/8i databases running on different environments such as Sun Solaris, HP - UX, AIX, Red Hat Linux, and Windows. Experience in Installation and configuration of Oracle 10/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Implemented Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Cluster Interconnects
- Service Load balancing and designing failover systems on UNIX platforms.
- Utilized new features with oracle 12c, especially multi-tenancy, ASM and data guard.
- Installation and configuration, maintenance for Oracle Golden Gate.
- Proficient in Adding, removal of nodes in RAC environment and handling databases on Oracle 10g, RAC, Physical Standby Databases (Data Guard).
- Implemented Replications using Golden Gate (Unidirectional, Bi-directional) and also performed proof of concept on the replication using Oracle Golden Gate.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and administration of Oracle 9i/10g/11g in very large scale database environment (VLDB), high availability OLTP, Data warehouse (OLAP), DSS systems, and SAN environment.
- Expertise in Database upgrade and migration of Oracle server (9i, 10g, 11g).
- Performed TSPITR, duplicating database using RMAN.
- Involved in DR Planning.
- Experience in partitioning and sub-partitioning.
- Test and implement different physical and logical backup and recovery methods like point in time (PITR), media recovery, full / partial backup, Export/Import and Data Pump. Data loading using SQL*Loader.
- Applying Patch set, Patches, Critical Patch Update (CPU)/Patch Set Update (PSU) and One-off Patches using Opatch and run Installer under UNIX and Windows.
- Hands on experience in oracle 11g Flashback to provide fast and easy recovery at database, table, and row and transaction level.
- Good exposure of advanced Security using Database trigger, Auditing.
- Strong Knowledge of creating Tables, Indexes, Views, Materialized views, Synonyms, Blinks, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers.
- Experience in managing users, privileges, profiles and schemas using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Grid control.
- Developed Shell scripts for day-to-day database administration tasks that include various Corn jobs for alert logs and performance, Backups, Restores and Recoverability.
- Excellent experience in performance tuning of oracle databases and tuning applications using OEM GC, Cost optimizer, SQL analyzer, Performance Manager, Statspack, AWR, ADDM, ASH, RDA, Explain plan (10046), TKPROF, SQL TRACE and Oradebug.
- Resolved database network problems using Oracle Net Configuration Assistant, Oracle Net Manager, Netstat and ping utility.
- Having good experience on Exadata 2.0
- Provided 24 x 7 support and flexible to work beyond regular hours.
- Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Undo segments, Constraints, Database Access.
- Create and maintain databases to Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) standards.
- Oracle Support Services are utilized for troubleshooting and database issues by creating Service Requests.
- Involved in all phases of Project life cycle.
- Self motivated and able to work in challenging environment. A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
- Supported more than 30 databases including development/production sizes up to 2 TB for 24/7.
- Completely built RAC from scratch including OS and RAID configuration.
- Installation, up gradation and patches of Oracle 9i/10g/11g/ 12c R2 RAC in ASM Enterprise Edition database software on AIX UNIX, Solaris and Linux servers
- Scheduled meetings with application team for database migration review to gather legacy information such as type of application, database options, current oracle configuration, capacity and oracle outstanding tasks.
- Setup and documented Oracle GoldenGate replication on 11g for support team.
- Developed, revised and implemented policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environments.
- Ensure databases adhere to corporate standards and policies. Worked with application team, developers, change management team and DBA team to ensure smooth life cycle progress from development through testing and production implementation.
- Monitoring and maintaining 2/3 node RAC database on Red Hat Linux. Providing support to the development team and handling release schedules.
- Maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using RMAN. Monitoring the scheduled backup procedures for daily basis using crontab.
- Database refreshes using export /import and datapump. Used RDA, ADDM and AWR reports to monitor the database performance.
- Used power designer, E/R Studio for data modeling and to estimate the database size, database design reviews.
- Developed and maintained PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and Database Triggers. Developed and maintained shell/Perl scripts for setting up batch jobs and managing release scripts.
- Implemented SQL outline to get the better execution plan for the offending queries. Setting up analyzing scripts and coordinated with development team to gather table statistics.
- Perform Database Tuning & Performance, Storage Management, Plan growth and changes (capacity planning), Database Monitoring, Security Management and Tuning SQL queries.
- Day to Day General Administration Tablespace Management, Undo Management, Managing Users, Resources, Managing User Privileges and Roles.
- Diagnosed Oracle bugs and coordinating with Oracle support through metalink to resolve them in timely manner.
- Performed various tasks like Administering RAC using SRVCTL, Adding nodes and instances, Administering Storage Components, Parameter Management, and Configuring High Availability Features for RAC.
- Primary DBA for 1GB - 2.5TB database for 24/7 support.
- Upgrade Data warehouse Database from 8K block size to 32K block size to optimize performance.
- Worked on OLTP and Data warehouse farms.
- Refreshed multiple databases for Development and Testing upon short request.
- Served as part of a 7 member DBA team which was involved in the maintenance of the Oracle 9i/10g database for the Production as well as the development environments.
- Actively involved in designing/Testing of Disaster Crash recovery.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g.
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle 8i,9i, 10g,11g,12c, RHEL, AIX, Windows NT/2000, HP UX,TOAD, Grid Control, GoldenGate, OEM, SQL Developer
Confidential, Colorado, Springs
- Build 2, 3 and 5 node RAC Cluster.
- Build many physical standby databases.
- Configured and Managed ASM disks and disk groups thru both Grid Control and ASMCMD utility.
- Configure ASM for Oracle 10G R1 installation with RAW devices which include clustered file system for RAC.
- Conducting Installations of Oracle9i and Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, sizing/capacity planning efforts for the Oracle database applications on varied platforms like Solaris, Windows and Linux Servers
- Data modeling / Logical database design and implementation (including index design)
- Migration of system and applications from Oracle 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g using Database
- Configuring and using the Oracle Enterprise Manager in 10g for Performance, Maintenance and Administration tasks
- Create and maintain multiple database and deployments..
- Create multiple 11g databases on RHEL5 in development.
- Schedule backup in 11g using db console.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g
- Using TCP/IP Protocol Configured SQL*Net files on server / client machines, and resolved client connectivity issues.
- Constant monitoring of database space and space management
- Setting up Oracle Standby Data Guard.
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts and passwords, monitoring application security
- Responsible to improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan
- Performance tuning of SQL statements using STATSPACK, TKPROF, Explain Plan and SQL Trace
- Setup and documented Oracle GoldenGate replication on 10g and 11g for support team.
- Worked with RAC implementation team. Added nodes.
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, allocated quotas to user and managed disk space
- Help developers writing database triggers, packages, procedures, functions, utilities for application development.
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump.
- Involved in monitoring the lock processes, releasing locks in case of resource blockage and gathering statistics.
- Initiated cronjobs to review alert logs and dump files to check for any ORA- errors.
- Used Oracle 10g AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Performed Database Administration using TOAD, Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL scripts.
- Installed, migrated, configured and tested Oracle 11g databases in various environments.
- Extremely dedicated, self - motivated, Pro-Active and willing to assume responsibility.
- Provided technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Performed Database Refreshes and Database Copies for Development, Test and Production databases.
- Implemented basic replication through Materialized Views.
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle 9i, 10g, 9iAS; Sun Solaris Unix, Linux Windows XP, Oracle Forms 10g, Oracle Streams Oracle Reports 10g, Oracle Developer