- Proficiency with Installation and maintenance of replication tool Golden Gate by creating extract process, extract pump, and replicate.
- Responsible in configuring Integrated Extract (to support Compressed table extraction) and Co - ordinated replicate after upgrading Golden Gate to 12.1
- Successfully implemented physical standby database using Oracle Data Guard feature for High availability configuration.
- Installed and configured 2, 4, nodes server-side load balancing RAC (Real Application Clusters) databases on HP UNIX and Linux with ASM (Automatic Storage Management) and Data Guard.
- Experience in Upgrade from oracle 10g to 11g and Migration of oracle database from red hat Linux, Window platform to Linux on development, integration and production environment using Oracle Data Migration Assistant.
- Upgraded Oracle 10g database version to 11g
- Upgraded Oracle 11g database version to 12c version
- Experience in full life cycle of database administration. Worked both as a Development and Production Support DBA on a 24x7 Basis. Willing to work beyond regular hours.
- Monitored physical I/O and Proper sizing of rollback segments.
- Optimized SQL using explain plan, Auto trace feature and TKPROF to analyze the execution plan and tune the statements.
- Tuning of database using Utlstat scripts Statspack and dynamic performance views to monitor system statistics and wait events, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA.
- Supported Server migrations, Application upgrades/Migrations and Data center movements
- Migrate to Multitenant Architecture using CDB and PDB of applications that otherwise have their own instances and qualify to be PDBs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve slowness or performance issues with extensive investigation and follow-up with respective application teams with RCA and proposed solutions.
- Responsible for RMAN backups, and improvement to backup with incremental backup by adding block change tracking feature of Oracle 11gR2.
- Created Users, Roles and Profiles, Privilege management with role-based security.
- Performed database tuning using Explain Plan, TKPROF, Statspack, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and SQL Trace.
- Maintaining and scheduling Cold Backups, Hot Backups, and Export Dumps. Maintaining backups of Archive logs and automating cleaning of archive logs. Deploying RMAN to automate backup and maintaining scripts in recovery catalog.
- Provided database related services to their development & QA environments.
- Good experience of Installation and configuration of RAC (Real Application Server) on different nodes with ASM (automatic storage management).
- Upgraded various databases from 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c and minor version upgrades
- Upgraded 10g and 11g Standalone databases to 11g and 12c 2-node RAC
- Configured Offline and Online Disaster recovery sites to maximize the database availability
- Applied Oracle Patches (CPU/PSUs and One-off patches)
- Strong skills in SQL* PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader, UNIX Shell scripts (KSH and CSH), Import/Export Server Manager.
- Experience in installation, upgrades, patches and TAR support. Duties included database creation, Performance tuning/reorganization, cloning, backup/recovery, user and security management, auditing, general troubleshooting, coding, and configuring servers.
- Worked on Creation of table spaces, data files, roles, redo logs, rollback segments, stored procedures and Triggers.
- Worked on Data transferring with export/import utilities and Data pump.
- UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. Heavy UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs.
- Participated in planning and implementation of off-site Disaster-Recovery planning and testing
- Worked with development and operations staff in resolving problems quickly and efficiently
- Resolve the bottlenecks in all the database environments.
- Extensive knowledge in maintain Oracle Cluster ware using Srvctl, Crsctl, has, ocrconfig, cluvfy, Private IP, public IP, SCAN IP and Virtual IPs along with NAS and SAN for ASM storage.
- Worked extensively in Performance Tuning at various levels including instance tuning, Query tuning, Database performance tuning. Experienced in performing Database related activities using GRID, Multitenant Architecture, OEM, Data Pump, SRVCTL, RMAN, SQL*Loader, datapump, Export, Import, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SVRMGR, SQL*Net/Net8, Listener, AGENT Tuning using explain plan, SQL Trace, AWR, ADDM, SGA tuning, Statspack and tuning of initialization parameters.
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11g, and 10g
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.Toad, Putty, NX client, WinSCP, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN Client
Database Utilities:SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 220.127.116.11, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g Grid Control.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Involved in construction of DR sites for all the Production environments.
- Installed 12c database
- Worked on Multitenant databases.
- Performed Database Refresh from Production to QA, UAT and Development databases.
- Implemented and managed optimum physical database design (tablespaces, datafiles, extents, redo logs, archive logs) and assessed database capacity by monitoring online storage, growth and file system space.
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Extensive experience in RMAN recovery testing, RAC and standalone database
- Recovered huge Database (1 Terabyte) when UNDO table space got corrupted in Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Created a Clone Database using RMAN on remote Server and used SRVCTL commands for Real Application Cluster (RAC) Databases
- Implemented Data Guard with high availability and performance configurations and participated in Data Guard Fail over tests.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of all ecommerce activities of the organization.
- Monitored data transfer between the Database servers using Data Stage, Oracle Streams/CDC
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes hot backups and Cold backups.
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics. Responsible for setting and managing USER MANAGEMENT, SPACE MANAGEMENT Granting required privileges to users.
- Performing monthly and annual performance reports for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Worked on both VMS and UNIX environments.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, Instance, memory, operating system and java calls.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Cloned/Migrated databases using and traditional Datapump utilities in RMAN export/ import Oracle 10gR2.
- Worked on disaster recovery of Exadata dataguard physical standby Failover/switchover/loss of service /rebuild/corruption/loss of datafile testing.
- Automated monitoring the databases, performance parameters, backup and recovery activities by running Cron jobs and customized various Unix Shell Scripts in sending Email for ORA- errors, reports for Quick Morning Check (QMC), automate routine DBA tasks of taking backups, exports, space usage monitoring, move Archive Logs to different mount point when Archive Destination is full and resync RMAN catalog.
- Worked with a team for installation and maintenance of ORACLE 10g RAC, ASM database for high availability.
- Monitored and tuned long running jobs by working closely with the application development team and analyzing objects, created or rebuilt indexes, query tuning using SQL TRACE, TKPROF, Explain Plan, TOAD.
- Performed troubleshooting of database using AWR and ADDM reports.
- Planned, tested and implemented backup strategy using RMAN, Oracle Utilities (Export/Import) EXPDP and OS methods.
- Performed Database replication from production to test/development environment Using RMAN, Data pump utilities and manually
- Responsible for network configuration and involved in a Client-Server environment using TNSnames, LISTENER, Net Configuration Assistant and other configuration files.
- Creating and restoring databases using Oracle Flashback Technology with Guaranteed restore point.
- Strong skills in applying () using “” and Perl based utility “”. security patches Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch runInstaller opatch
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's (TTS) feature using allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle database. Transportable Tablespace Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g)
- Expertise in implementing (at database, schema & table level) using utility and . data refreshes RMAN Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g
- Installed Oracle and grid software on standalone servers on ASM and file system.
- Performed activities on ASM, creating disk group with different Redundancy Levels/using Fail group, adding a disk to a disk group, making disks online/offline and mount/dismount disk groups as SYSASM
- Constantly monitor the performance ( performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing . V$ dynamic Alert log files & Trace files
- Used to run scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
- Created databases using RMAN with zero downtime, performed Failover and Switchover using and as and when required. Physical Standby Data Guard Broker manually
- Worked extensively with, troubleshooting, switchover and switchback with Physical standby setup. Physical Standby database
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 10gR2.
- Applied patches . 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4