- Extensively used Database Administrative tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*PLUS, TOAD, grid control 12c
- Enforced Security Administration, system monitoring by adding and removing users, configuring quotas, auditing, and analyzing security problems.
- Wrote scripts to inform the DBA’s regarding the status, performance and space management of the database.
- Expert knowledge in installing oracle database server and migration of oracle server from 10g and 10g to 11g and 12c.
- Expertise in migrating single instance databases to multimode 10g, 11g R1, R2 and 12c RAC environments for high availability and load balancing.
- Participated in planning and implementation of off - site Disaster-Recovery planning and testing
- Worked with development and operations staff in resolving problems quickly and efficiently
- Good experience in applying Patch set update (PSU) and Critical Patch Update (CPU Patches) on Databases.
- Recommend changes to increase efficiency, minimize operating expense or improve accuracy and timeliness of application systems. Performed complete multi-master replication with updateable Materialized views.
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Proactive monitoring, identifying areas that need to be improved in the application and database using STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, ORADEBUG, AWR, ADDM, and 12c OEM Grid Monitoring.
- Experienced in setting up/installation and configuration of release 11g R1 RAC with ASM and Raw Devices and 11g CRS.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 12c, 11g RAC servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Experienced in maintaining large Production, UAT, IST and DEV environments.
- 24/7 support for Production databases and responsible for round-the-clock database operations. Offered solutions for Production/Development of database applications and ensured customer satisfaction as the prior important.
- Strong experience in Oracle DBA tasks like Installation, creation, maintenance, performance tuning, problem identification, resolution and migration in production and development environments.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and maintaining Standalone and RAC databases on various platforms.
- Create new Oracle databases using DBCA or database scripts. Creating new ASM disk group or raw devices for RAC DBs.
- Planned and Implemented DR & High Availability oracle solutions using Data Guard, Streams.
- Proficiency using Flash-Back Recovery, Automatic Storage Manager (ASM) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Manager (ADDM)
- Tuned the database at various levels such as Application Tuning, Memory Tuning, SQL Tuning and Database Contention, I/O Tuning, Capacity planning by using TK prof, Explain Plan, SQL Trace, Stats Pack, AWR and ADDM.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM)
- Performed manual recovery using archived logs, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, operating system backup, cold and hot backup, full backup, incremental and cumulative backups.
- Experience in Cloning the process of copying an existing Oracle installation to a different location and updating the copied bits to work in the new environment.
Utilities: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, Data pump, TOADOracle SQL Developer, Nessus, Excel, Words, MS Project and PowerPoint
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL
Operating Systems: HP - UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 6.x. Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- Work within the production support team and maintain operational consistency and efficiency.
- Installation of oracle 11g databases in production, development and test environments depending on project requirements.
- RAC Administration involving managing of instances, ASM, cluster resources and Expertise in replication technologies including Golden Gate.
- Installed Goldengate version 11g and version 12c with latest patches applied on DBFS filesystem and ACFS filesystem, also working testing new OGG 12.2 new features available.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the gaps between source and target databases configured with Golden Gate.
- Upgradation of standalone and Oacle RAC databases from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c and Migration of Oracle databases from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Configuration of 11g Data guard for Higher Availability of Tier-I databases along with 11g RAC Scalability.
- Developed shell scripts for tracing Oracle errors, free space in the table spaces and free disk space in Archive destination for production database.
- Worked on Disaster Recovery by converting physical standby databases to SNAPSHOT standby database and opened in the read/write mode for testing purposes without interrupting the primary production database.
- Worked and implemented Database Wallet for Oracle 11g also called as keystore from 12c and TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) for Encrypting the Sensitive data using column encryption and tablespace encryption, also used TDE for Goldengate replication too.
- Build single node RAC standby database for RAC primary database and using RMAN active duplication method.
- Node addition and deletion during election to serve business needs. Move pluggable databases between the container databases and created pluggable database from seed database.
- Cloned pluggable database in existing container database. Install apex in oracle 12c pluggable databases. Clone UAT RAC databases using RMAN active duplication method.
- Refreshing development/test database from production using Export/Import & RMAN backups.
- Making structural changes to the databases. Sizing database objects for effective space management and optimal performance.
- Managing database security.
- Creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
- Defragmentation of tables and indexes for improved performance and effective space management.
- Used Data Pump for schema refresh and RMAN for database refresh and used RMAN for backing up databases.
- Migration of databases from 11g to 12g using export/import and data pump export/import utilities and Performed database refresh activities for business requirement and tuning purposes.
- Having good exposure in user management, Table space Management, Session Management, undo Management issues.
- Experienced in managing space issues in the Database Level for table space and Regular file system cleanup at UNIX level.
- Generated AWR, ADDM and ASH reports for database issues
- Successfully upgraded the databases from 11g to non CDB 12c.
- Successfully migrated 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases.
- Managed Database Maintenance Activities to achieve optimum database uptime.
- Configuration of Listener and Tnsnames.
- Doing the regular activities like monitoring the alert logs, redo log status, listener. Log and checking the space for normal segments, rollback segments and tablespaces.
- Created database link between two databases to access the table data from one local database to remote database using distributed database feature.
- Planned database backups (operating system, full/partial backups, and export/import) using various types of backups and designed the backup methodology for the organization…
- Written SQL scripts to create database objects like tables, views and sequences.
- Created procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Preparation of High Level & Low Level Design documents.
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Linux, Solaris, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, Shell scripting (Bourne), OEM, Statspack, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, DataPump.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Datapump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Responsible for Performance Monitoring and analysis of 11g with AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) reports and ASH (Active Session History).
- Monitoring database performance and database operation to prevent downtime and slowness of the services.
- Experience in Identifying performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems. Analyze SQL statements and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.
- Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Expertise in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 220.127.116.11 database on HP-UX platform.
- Successfully upgraded the databases from 11g to non CDB 12c.
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented Tablespace level TDE security.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
- Created Physical Standby databases using RMAN with zero downtime, performed Failover and Switchover using Data Guard Broker and manually as and when required.
- Worked extensively with Physical Standby database, troubleshooting, switchover and switchback with Physical standby setup.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 10gR2.
- Applied patches 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4.