- Over 6 years of hands - on experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
- I have worked in a complete System Development Life Cycle environment.
- I have managed Oracle database 12c, 11g, and 10g software versions involving database administration on production support, project support, Database Software Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, Patches, Oracle PL/SQL, Data Migration, Database Architectural Design, Data Modeling, Backup and Recovery, Database Networking, Performance Tuning, Moving Data and Database Security.
- Comfortable in supporting SQL Server database, Real Application Cluster (RAC), Data guard and Golden Gate on operating systems like Linux, Unix and Windows.
- An Information Technology professional with analytical, problem solving and comprehensive skills in technical operations, troubleshooting, as well as data and project management.
- Reduce the pay-roll process from over 12 hours to 3 hours.
- Lead a team in designing and implementing Data Guard physical standby in the production environment for Disaster Recovery.
- Modify scripts which automate about 40 jobs in the production database giving more time for other activities.
- Provide expertise in architecture, design, modeling, development, implementation and testing of database solutions to meet critical responds time and uptime requirements in the SLAs.
- Implement backup strategies which reduce backup duration time by about 45% and recovery time by about 30%.
- Mentored, coach new DBAs about teamwork and assist them with technical issues which help them get acquainted with their environment in less time.
- Reorganize and size database objects to meet standards and improve performance by about 35%.
- Perform refreshes using Data Pump with compression and parallel options, resulting in less time and less space usage.
- Successfully developed procedures to monitor database activity which help me identify and resolve potential performance bottlenecks before they can impact users.
- Take part in training and developing nontechnical staffs on application usage which reduce about 25% of statements failure due to users trying to insert wrong data into the database.
- I was commended for my interpersonal skills and proven track record of success in managing oracle database operations and completing large scale projects while ensuring on-time delivery with proper documentations.
- Vested with strong dedication to drive organizations toward business growth and development.
- An expert at utilizing technical proficiency and keen eye for detail in identifying improvement needs and responding to clients' requirements.
- A team player with great communication skills and effective at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Operating Systems: 6.1 RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Windows 95/98/NT/2000, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, TOAD, SQL Developer, ASH, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor and ADDM.
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application ClusterASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import.
Confidential - Columbus, OH
Oracle Database Administrator
- Rendered effective support in the execution of database configuration, upgrade, patch migrations, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and cloning
- Handle the cloning of non-multitenant container database to pluggable database in 12c through PDB Metadata Cloning, PDB Remote Cloning, and PDB Snapshot Cloning features
- Reorganize databases and refresh schemas using Data Pump
- Design different databases with tablespaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges, and user logins, as well as physical databases with multiple tablespaces from logical and physical data model
- Created partitioning strategies for very large tables, while deploying range, list, hash and various sub partitions as well as structure of logical and physical database through logical and physical data modeling
- Perform database sizing, tablespace management, rollback tablespace management, transaction management, and security administration
- Monitor physical standby databases and high-volume production databases ranging to 2 TB in size
- Serve as an effective member of the team providing 24/7 technical support, with on-call rotation, for all production, quality assurance (QA), development and training environments, while managing multitenant databases, such as Oracle 12c Container and pluggable databases
- Act as point of contact on 12c new features, such as redaction policy, adaptive query optimization, multiple indexes on single column
- Consulting to developers in improving SQL, PL/SQL codes, while generating new user accounts and executing schema and related user administrative tasks
- Served as integral part of the team that led the planning and configuration of GoldenGate for real-time replication and data guard for disaster recovery and RAC for high availability
- Strategically utilize Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for database monitoring, maintenance, replication, and performance tuning as well as Oracle Data Pump (expdp and impdp) for high-speed, parallel, bulk data, and metadata movement for all Oracle database contents
- Installed and configured 11g databases on both IBM-AIX and Linux environments using OLTP, decision support system and data warehousing environment
- Upgrade databases from 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c using DBUA and scripts, along with 10g and 11g standalone databases to 11g and 12c 2-node RAC respectively
- Configured Oracle 12c Enterprise Manager to keep track and generate accurate condition report for more than 246 databases
- Implemented Oracle Data Guard physical standby database for Oracle 22.214.171.124 and Oracle 10.2.0.5 RAC databases
- Enforced proactive database monitoring through Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, STATSPACK, SQL Trace, TKPROF, and EXPLAIN PLAN
- Rolled out a variety of advanced security measures as per service level agreement (SLA), such as Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), data masking, and data redaction
- Used OEM database control for single databases and OEM Grid control for multiple databases
Confidential - Jefferson City, MO
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed 10g, 11g, 12c, along with 12c container databases (CDB) on standalone servers and cluster on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows platforms
- Launched physical standby databases on 2-node 11gR2 Real Application Cluster, while automating scripts to clear already applied archive logs on standby databases
- Implemented Oracle Wallets and Tablespace level TDE security
- Created different backup strategies, such as Full backup, Incremental backup both cumulative and differential backup using RMAN with flash recovery area and logical backups (expdp and impdp) and implemented backup scheduling using Crontab
- Implement PSU patches on standalone test environment and production cluster through OPatch Auto
- Upgrade multiple standalone databases and grid infrastructure from 11gR2 to 12cR1
- Made use of DBMS REDEFINITION in redefining and partitioning tables and columns data types, as well as placing LOBS to different table space
- Performed hot and cold backup, recovery, and cloning of databases using RMAN with VERITAS Net Backup
- Initiated detailed recommendations and implementation of SQL access and tuning advisors, while handling chained rows and row migration
- Made use of SAN level storage mirroring in improving environments for the data refreshing of large production data warehouse environment
- Closely worked with the Application Team in enhancing application performance
- Contributed in the migration of large size database in multiple platforms, along with the SQL Query tuning to issue tuning recommendations for application jobs, time, and CPU consuming queries
- Assisted the development teams in addressing and solving all database related issues, including network failures, ASM DISK group errors, and node failures in the RAC cluster
- Assisted in configuring and installing GoldenGate, while administering pumps and trail files through removal of old extract and log files
- Guaranteed proper production, security, and performance of all application design in accordance with standards
- Analyzed the release of Oracle, tools and third-party products to secure accurate operation of products and site in alignment with clients requirements
- Led the successful upgrade of databases from 11g to non CDB 12c, along with the migration of 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases
- Administered the implementation and maintenance of Oracle 11g Data Guard and standby databases for fail-over purposes, along with Oracle TDE to deliver transparent encryption of stored data to support release of Oracle 11g R2
- Brought significant security improvements through effective network data encryption and implementation of SSL wallet, thus safeguarding the network connection
- Dispatched applications across multiple nodes by creating database services using all command line utilities server control utility (SRVCTL), cluster ware control (CRSCTL) utility, automatic diagnostic repository (ADR), and ASM command-line utility (ASMCMD)