- Certified Oracle Professional skilled in Oracle 8i through 12c. Able to design and manage production, testing and development environments. Adaptable and able to work within a team or independently.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration, patching and administration of Oracle databases.
- Experience in troubleshooting, resolving issues related to installation, upgrades and patches.
- Experience in providing 24X7 production and development support for Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i databases on a variety of platforms.
- Oracle Applications DBA R11i - Installed/Cloned/Maintained Oracle Applications on Suse Linux ES-8/9, Redhat ES 2.1/5.0 Linux environments.
- Middle Tier Applications: Oracle Collaboration Suite 10G Implementation, Oracle 10G Application Server Implementation/Administration.
- High Availability experience-Oracle RAC 11G/10G/9i, physical and Logical Standby Databases (Data Guard)
- Applications Administration-Database sizing, capacity planning, forms errors, concurrent manager/Apache tuning, database tuning for Oracle Applications R11i environments.
- Experience in cloning and refreshing oracle databases for development and testing.
- Configuration of Oracle 10g OEM Grid Control, 12c Cloud Control to monitor database.
- Experience in performance tuning using STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Performed backups and tested crash recoveries using conventional hot & cold backups and RMAN, cloning databases, performing PITR using RMAN.
- Created a Recovery Catalog and registered all databases
- Created scripts for hot backup on a daily basis scheduled with cron jobs
- Managed disks and disk groups using Oracle ASM
- Experienced with Space Management and Security.
- Experience in creating Database links.
- Multiple Database exposures: MS SQL Server 2008, Informix 7, MS Access 97
OS experience: HP-UX 11.x, Sun Solaris 7/8/9, AIX 5L, Linux Red Hat ES4 and Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2003/XP & Vista, VI editing, RPM install, TCP/IP, SSH (putty). Experienced in installation of OS, configuration of mount points, addressing of security considerations.
Tools: Experience in RDBMS Tools like SQL Loader, Import/Export, Data Pump, RMAN, OEM Grid Control, experienced with Toad, SQL/PLUS, Foglight, Oracle Developer, SQL editor, DB-access, I-connect and PVCS.
Networking: Well versed in PC hardware configuration, excellent troubleshooting skills. Installation of NT serversdomain migration (from Novell Netware to 2000), administration of a GroupWise email server, joined workstations to a network domain, using the NWadmin software and created and managed user accountsmonitored tapes using Arcserve and Veritas for backup and recovery purposes.
Languages: Fluent in English, French, Wolof, Arabic, and Spanish read, speak & write.
Confidential, Annapolis Junction, MD
- Working under the direction of the Operations and Infrastructure Manager.
- Supporting all dimensions of development including data transformations, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Interacting with architects, engineers and system administrators to implement and support solutions that provide decision making abilities
- Installing database server, software, patch and upgrade binaries. Create databases on UNIX, Windows and other platforms. Monitor databases for stability. Responsibilities also include design and implementation of security and encryption for sensitive data.
- Design and develop back and restore strategy policies and procedures. Maintain audit and SOX compliance of databases supported by the team and documentation for the same.
- Delivering assignments by established deadlines. Keep management well-informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment.
- Participating in 24*7 on call support activities including supporting Operations Team.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- As a member of a team of 7 DBA’s, performing core tasks such as the creation and administration of Oracle 11gR2 databases, schema creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Administers, maintains more than 40 Dev/Test and 8 Production databases. Implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of databases. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves issues pertaining to backups, replication, and other distributed data issues over a high volume Terabyte Database. Setup and manage RAC and Dataguard environments.
- Supporting code deployment activities, refreshing Dev and Test environments with Prod data.
- Maintaining an Oracle Applications infrastructure (version 12.1.3), patching, coordinating cloning and deployment tasks with Oracle On Demand.
- Performing DB migrations and upgrades (from 10g to 11g), administering Oracle OBIEE, ODI, Weblogic, Axeda gateways servers.
- Participating in On-Call rotations to provide after hours 24x7 database support.
- Other projects include: Training of new colleagues, documentation of the database infrastructure, researching new technologies.
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
- Supporting systems operations team as Oracle database administrator.
- Perfoming Installs, upgrades, applying patches, and updates to database systems (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Configuring and optimizing database systems.
- Performing routine backups, archiving and recovery of database systems.
- Preparing documentation of database and operational procedures.
- Interacting regularly with project management and the Confidential customer representatives.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Senior Oracle DBA
- Administering Oracle 9i and 10G OLTP databases
- Administering 10G reporting databases
- Sizing, space allocations, monitoring and tuning of Oracle databases
- Managing patches and upgrades
- Installing and supporting Oracle Application Server (10g) in an SSL mode
- Perform creation and installation of Oracle database and address all aspects of database administration, including recoverability, integrity, security, availability, reliability and performance.
- Provide 24/7 support to production (60+ terabytes), test and development environments for very large databases across multiple platforms.
- Space management (raw devices), user and roles administration, schema management, checking alert log of all databases.
- Conduct routine audits of all Oracle systems for compliance with establish standards, security, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures
- Solve database connectivity problems between Web front-ends and Oracle back-ends.
- Create Design documentation for implementation of Oracle 9i, 11g, RAC, Dataguard and Backup & Recovery
- Create 11G Standby Databases using Oracle Data Guard.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Setting up Oracle Accounts to meet TSA/DHS security Guidelines.
- Performing upgrades
- Installing patches
- Analyzing current database setup and configuration
- Installing new Oracle instances on Development, Pre-Production and Production Environments and ensure that databases are hardened
- Managing and maintaining Redo Log Files, Control Files, Multiplexing, Database connectivity, Listeners Maintenance, Privileges, Roles.
- Backup and Recovery using RMAN
- Providing overall Database environment optimization recommendations
- Documenting all aspects of the Technical Database environment, admin, operations and maintenance duties
- Participating on the rotating on-call duties
- Monitoring Database and App tiers, Webcache and Loadbalancer (BigIP) on all environments
- Conducting database refreshes
- Migrating databases to new hosts
- Managing DB Links, Schema Growth and Datafiles
- Technical support of applications
Confidential, Reston, VA
Oracle Applications DBA
- Completed set up of Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 servers
- 2 single-node installations of Oracle e-business suite (220.127.116.11, with vision database)
- 20 single-node Collaboration suite 10.1.2g installs on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Created unix accounts
- Configured user profiles
- Applied rpm's to address pre-requisites
- Administered Apache Web Server, Form Servers, Concurrent Manager, JInitiator’s, and Listeners as needed
- Experience configuring and supporting Oracle Apps Servers OAS-10g/9iAS: OID, SSO, OC4J
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Recovering corrupted data
- Eliminating data redundancy
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Maintaining and optimizing data-servers
- Managing database objects
- Coordinating testing activities within and outside the department
- Ensuring that test data is current and functioning