- Over 14 years of experience in Oracle(12c/11g/10g/9i/8i) Relational database (RDBMS) design, modeling, development, administration, implementation, and troubleshooting, and quality management.
- Implementation, Monitoring, Tuning Oracle 11g/10g/9i on Linux, Unix, Windows NT/2000 platform, Red Hat Linux
- Hands - on experience on installation and configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle products and patches, including RAC, ASM, Cluster ware, Data Guard, OID, Grid/Cloud Control, OEM, RAT, AWR, PL/SQL and manage RAC instances using CRSCTL and SRVCTL Utility.
- Worked as a resident expert for Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i on multiple platforms Windows 2003, Unix, Linux, Solaris.
- Strong working knowledge of Tape Libraries, SAN Storage Solutions.
- Worked with various tools, such as SQL*Loader, SQL Developer (and/or PL SQL Developer) and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience with data modeling concepts (and IDA tool) and rational products
- Experience in MS Hyper-V and/or VMware.
- Providing DBA support to multiple Cluster, Non-Cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers in UNIX, AIX & Windows Environments.
- Implemented OLTP COMPRESSION, PARTITIONING, Hybrid Columnar Compression for databases
- Experience in Implementing BACKUP and RECOVERY strategies using RMAN.
- Installed 11g 3 node production RAC Grid Infrastructure and DATABASE on Linux.
- Experienced in installation and maintenance of ORACLE 10g and 11gr2 RAC 2 node and adding a node to this cluster database for high availability.
- Experience working with SAN Technologies - 3Par and/or EMC
- Worked with Oracle components - Data Warehouse, Partitioning, Security, Streams, Networking, Compression
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g Grid control
- Migrate PeopleSoft production database from dell oracle grid to Exadata X6.
- Experience working with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Applying PSU Patches and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Erwin Data modeling, OLAP, Oracle Data Dictionary - metadata, Logical and Physical Database Design.
- Created scripts for RMAN incremental backups and for full database backups using data pump.
- Database Maintenance and on-call Support.
- Installation and use of High Availability and Disaster Recovery components; Oracle GRID Infrastructure /Cluster ware, Oracle 12c two node RAC for the database tier.
- Planning and implementing DR & high availability solutions using ‘’oracle 11g /12c Standby Database using Data guard.
- Installing agent 12c on the server. Adding high Available database with CRS, scheduling Backups through OEM12c.
- Configured Data Guard Broker and used for switchover and stopping and Starting Media recovery process.
- Responsible for Implementation of Oracle 11g R1 Grid Control and configured nodes for proactive monitoring and auditing.
- Installed 12c grid control and Used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control 11g/12c for monitoring databases.
- Handled Physical and Logical Corruptions and recovery using RMAN (Recovery Advisor).
- Applied database patches using OPatch utility & building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Involved in Mass Agent Deployment using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability and performance configurations for production databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle databases using Sql Access Advisor, Sql Performance Analyzer, Sql Tuning Advisor.
- Upgraded Oracle 10g databases to Oracle 11g R1 (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124) and 11g R2 (126.96.36.199).
- Conducted time-to-time analysis and monitoring of the software and hardware requirements and act accordingly.
- As part of the GDBA Support team we provided L2/L3 level support to the application teams during high risk issues (escalations) and within normal activities like code migration, Database recovery via RMAN, troubleshoot performance issues, export and import of tables/schemas among environments.
- Upgraded oracle RAC databases from 10g to 11g.
- Provided L2 and L3 production support depending upon the ticket assigned to meet the corresponding SLA's.
- Developed scripts to proactively monitor and databases and alter the DBA on events such as running out of extents, disk space and actively involved in shell scripting for various CORN jobs to be run.
- Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of jobs, creation of users, schemas, table spaces and other database objects.
- Involved in 24x7 support for 8TB, 4 Node production RAC database with on-call pager.
- Working with the Oracle Support Mechanisms; My Oracle Support (Metalink), Raising Service Requests.
- Configured Data guard for disaster recovery purposes.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability, protection and performance configurations and worked with Data Guard Fail over and Switch over cases.
- Setup and configured Oracle 10g/11g Physical Standby database (Data Guard) to ensure high availability.
- Cloned schemas, objects and data on new server using Data pump.
- Responsible for capacity planning, recovery planning and installing patches.
- Maintained Data Guard to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery for enterprise data.
- Performed cloning and refresh of Database from production environment to test environment using RMAN Duplicate database and Data pump import export.
- Installed 12c agents on hosts and discovered targets.
- Expertise in creating Oracle Tables, Table Partitions, Views, and Materialized Views.
- Install, maintain and monitor Web Logic server as part of OEM Grid Control setup.
- Implemented Oracle Advanced Security to provide the most cost - effective solution for comprehensive data protection.
- Implemented Advanced Security in different database one as Transparent Data Encryption and other as Oracle Data Redaction.
- Used TOAD as third-party software for analyzing the database issues and generating results sets in xls formats.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and experience with PERL/SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints and business rules.
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
Sr. Database Administrator
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle 10g and 11g databases on OEL.
- Involved in construction of DR sites for all the Production databases.
- Involved in installation and maintenance of Oracle RAC for high availability.
- Upgraded the Oracle 10g database to 11g version and applied patch set and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date and associated with RMS.
- Monitoring Day - to-Day Backups, Log's & recovering them as per the requirement.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN, Hot and Cold backups.
- Taking the RMAN incremental and cumulative backups.
- Extensive experience in RMAN recovery in RAC and stand-alone database.
- Involved in implementing load balancing and testing failover on RAC database.
- Created a Clone Database using RMAN on remote Server and used SRVCTL commands for Real Application Cluster (RAC) Databases.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability, protection and performance configurations and worked with Data Guard Fail over and Switch over cases at the times of up gradation and migration.
- Monitoring the Oracle Instances, Users, Tables, Table spaces, Memory structures, and Rollback segments, Redo logs, Archived Redo logs and Alerts.
- Creation of Users and granting them the required Roles and Privileges accordingly.
- Involvement in space management, rectification of lock problems, managed quotas.
- Resolving the conflicts between the target and source database.
- Performed day-to-day activities such as creating users, roles, schemas, tables, views, indexes and rebuilding Indexes and running scripts given by the clients
- Cloned schemas, objects and data on new server using Data pump.
- Worked extensively on monitoring 10G Grid Control database, configuration of error notifications, installing listeners, and adding them to the grid control.
- Monitored ALERT Log files to keep tracking the Oracle Errors and make necessary actions to rectify them.
- Upgraded the Oracle 10g database to 11g version and applied patch set and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Supported more than 130 production and development databases.
- Have experience in Migrating Single Instance database to RAC Environment.
- Managed all Backup design and implementations.
- Created, monitoring database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links etc.
- Extensively used features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, ADDM for Generating reports
- Initiated a feasibility study for RAC of Oracle 11g.
- Design & Implementation of RAC10g development, testing and production.
- Installation of the required software, support in migration and patch application for bug fixes. Tuning the applications and databases.
- Design and implementation of Oracle 11gR2.
- Implementation of BCP and DRP plans.
- Configuration of Oracle Standby/Data Guard databases.
- Provided 24x7 supports to Oracle production databases.
- System Administration of Linux when required.
- Design and implementation Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g, 11g, 12c.
- Migrations of oracle databases from 8i/9i/10g to 11g.
- Automation of database creation using shell scripts and SQL scripts.
- Database server's installation, configuration, upgrading and trouble - shooting.
- Managing day-to-day database operations
- Automated the database monitoring
- Automated Confidential (Disconnected state users) user's database extractions and monitoring field users/inspector s synchronization activity.
- Transactional database and data warehouse design.
- Designing backup and recovery procedures.
- Monitor disk space, database health checks, database backups and error log scans.
- Involved general system architecture of PHIS and provided high level architectural and technical advices.
- Designed and automated the Confidential (disconnected state user's) notification process and deactivation process.
- Redesigned the ETL load process for fast data loading and reliable data warehouse operations. I brought down the ETL loading process from 8 hours to 30 min.
- Provided the technical solution/ proof of concept to client on incremental data load instead of daily full load.
- Consolidated SQL servers
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Creating/Modifying/Locking Logins and Users in Sybase Database.
- Identified System Problems and resolve the issues.
- Provided the technical advices on PHIS database design and performance tuning.
- Cross trained the application developers and DBA's on performance tuning techniques.
- Improved the Assurance Net application performances (resolved the dead lock issues and improved the system performance)
- Designing ETL process (extraction, transformation and loading)
- Database consistency checks, fixing DBCC errors, monitoring of error logs regularly, monitoring of database space allocations, transaction log space allocations.