IBM z/OSSystems Programmer/DB2 Database Administrator Results-oriented, dedicated DBA professional with career success developing and maintaining high-demand z/OS infrastructures specialized in supporting DB2 solutions across various systems and platforms. Proven success in IBM's DB2 Administration, Automation, SQLPA, and Query Monitoring. Expert in building and implementing innovative database solutions utilizing both Logical / Physical data modeling. Highly analytical in the analysis, testing, and execution of leading database platform applications. Skilled project leader, able to direct multiple tasks effectively, achieving deadlines and prioritizing work schedules to meet project demands and tight development schedules.
Areas of Expertise:
- DB2 z/OS Infrastructure Design / Development
- Full Lifecycle Project Management
- Custom Database Software Development
- DB2 Software Application Monitoring & Repair
- DB2 Security & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Systems Strategy & Implementation
- Troubleshooting & Problem Resolution
- Debugging & Modifying Legacy Code
Certifications: Certified IBM DB2 Database Administrator Platforms: Z/OS, VM, Windows, UNIX Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Data Platforms: DB2, Datacom, Oracle, MS/Access, VSAM, BDAM, BSAM Languages: Z/OS Assembler, SQL, QMF, COBOL, JDBC, SQLJ, REXX, CMS EXEC
Technologies Consultant II Confidential- Roseland, NJ 1987 - 2009 Built impressive record of achievement serving as main point of contact for $9B global integrated technology solutions provider supporting HR, payroll, tax and benefits administration. Interface directly with clients to coordinate and lead multiple concurrent database applications projects, defining project scope, analyzing root issues, and devising solutions to meet client needs. Delivered comprehensive DB2 systems engineering management to support z/OS technologies, including DB2, Datacom, Oracle, MS/Access, VSAM, BDAM, and BSAM. Led DBA application development group to complete high-profile Database Architecture and Enterprise Reporting projects on time and within budget. Supervised training of all new DBA programmers and staff. Key Achievements:
- Exceeded expectations in developing, initiating, and documented new procedures to support installation of more than 50 z/OS sub systems, each requiring customized solutions.
- Served as project leader during upgrade of DB2 software upgrades to versions 7, 8, and 9 including support of V.8 New Function Mode which resulted in using only 30% of resources to implement and maintain full functionality of new vendor software.
- Credited for driving the inclusion processes to support three new businesses, which resulted in lowering overall maintenance costs for these systems.
- Improved operational efficiencies by reviewing and downloading software, upgrades, and patches to support sandbox system, configuring parameters and application interfaces.
- Consistently sought out new opportunities to establish strategic analysis with operational staff, earning a reputation for resolving dependencies, addressing system inconsistencies, and devising installation schedules without affecting daily operational standards.
- Collaborated with management regarding infrastructure design and configuration of new applications and features to support application upgrades, functionality, and performance.
- Demonstrated high-level dedication and professionalism communicating and educating application writers, DBA's, and end-users on all new DB product tools, utilities and features.
Additional experience gained as GS 12 Systems Programmer with Confidential (1981-87)
Educational Background Bachelor of Science in Political Science / Philosophy-Religion
Affiliations: Toastmaster's International-past President, Advanced Silver Certificate Boy Scouts of America-Assistant Scoutmaster Volunteer visitation and councilor
- Confidential Data Management for DB2 Version 8, Version 9, JDBC, Performance
- DB2, z/OS, Storage Devices - Confidential
- DB2 for z/OS V8 Features & Migration - Confidential
- OS/390 UNIX Services Implementation - Confidential
- CICS DB2 Interface for System Programmers - Confidential
- STROBE Training
- DB2 Advanced SQL Workshop - Confidential
- DB2 for OS/390 System Administration - Confidential
- QMF on S/390 Workshop - Confidential
- DB2 for OS/390 Application and Database Recovery - Confidential
- DB2 for OS/390 System Recovery - Confidential
- DB2 for OS/390 System Performance and Tuning - Confidential
- DB2 and SQL Programming Workshop - Confidential
- DB2 for OS/390 SQL Performance and Tuning - Confidential
- SMP/E Fundamentals - Confidential
- DB2 Server for VSE/VM System Administration - Confidential
- Windows NF Overview6.0 for Windows Fundamentals - Confidential
- JAVA Programming - Confidential