- I have over five years of hands - on experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- Installation, Configuration, Patching, Migration, Upgrades, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modeling,
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning, Backup and Recovery, RAC, Golden Gate, Data Guard, Grid Control, Oracle Streams.
- Experience in Oracle database administration in heterogeneous system environment including Solaris, AIX, Linux/UNIX, and Windows, supporting a variety of applications on Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c.
- Installed and configured Oracle Grid control (12c,11g and 10g).
- Experience as On-Call 24x7 production DBA support, application DBA.
- Involvement in space management and managed quotas.
- Creating and managing database objects such as tables, indexes, partition tables and views.
- Creating Logical and Physical database structures, Creating and altering tablespaces.
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical I/O and Memory Usage.
- Performed SQL tuning based on report generated by ASH, ADDM, AWR, Explain Plan, STATSPACK, TKPROF and SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Identified and resolved performance issues caused by table fragmentation using segment Advisors
- Troubleshoot and resolved locking and concurrency issues, Excessive parsing, resource bottleneck (including memory and CPU bottlenecks) and recommending a solution.
- Monitored physical I/O and proper sizing of rollback segments.
- Installed and maintained 2 node Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Configured and assisted in Oracle 11g and 12c RAC Data Guard to ensure high availability, and integrity of databases.
- Strong Exposure in creation on an Oracle 12c Multi-tenant RAC database with 2 node cluster and instances using ASM storage.
- Experienced in taking backups and restoring Clusterware storage (Voting Disk, OCR Disk).
- Experienced to take backup on Oracle RAC database by using RMAN utility in a CDB (Multi-tenant) environment.
- Experienced on performing health checks in Oracle RAC & monitoring Oracle Instance.
- Configured Goldengate 12c RAC -- RAC Active configuration with 11g database.
- Configured and worked with Oracle GoldenGate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues.
- Data Guard configuration, administration and maintenance.
- Performing complete and incomplete recovery during disasters, failures and user errors.
- Deployed Standby databases using Data Guard 11G (Maximum Performance).
- Refreshing of databases using Data Pump Export and Import utilities (expdp/impdp).
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Log's & recovering them as per the requirement. Utilized Log Miner Technology & applied Application Database Transactions on other Databases.
- Strong understanding of Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog.
- Operating system backup, cold and hot backup, full backup, incremental and cumulative backup.
- Scheduling the database backups using Cron-tab and VERITAS net backup.
- Perform Logical backup using full/partial export/import and data pump.
- Cloning of production databases as needed for testing and development using RMAN or scripts
- Implemented backup/recover strategies using hot backup, cold backups using RMAN and Export/Import utilities and Wrote Shell Scripting for managing day-to-day activities and automation of backup.
- Worked on Installation, configuration, performance tuning of Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c and Upgrade/Migration of Databases from Oracle 10g, 11g to 12c.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and PERL based utility “opatch” as well as database upgrades
- Managing and Creating Users, granting and revoking Privileges accordingly through Roles and Perform Daily Monitoring of users
Tools: Used: Oracle 10.2.0.1, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0, Oracle Streams, RMAN, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential, MOORESVILLE, NC
Oracle Database Administrator
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Linux/UNIX, Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Thorough knowledge in setting up infrastructure for databases in huge datacenters.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- Worked on Configuring OEM 12c console and installed OEM 12c agents on all different platforms using push method from console and also using silent method.
- Configured Goldengate 12c RAC -- RAC Active configuration with 11g database.
- Configured and worked in Oracle GoldenGate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues.
- Planning, Implementing and Validating various versions of Oracle Databases to 12c Release & upgrades on all the environments (in a procedural approach Dev, Test, Stage, QA and Production) also planning of back out procedures like downgrades/building parallel environments and also working on proof of concept for Oracle 12c upgrades.
- RMAN point in time recovery and instance recovery done on 11g.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Setup and monitored multi-node RAC to RAC Data Guard with real time apply for Disaster recovery and offload backups.
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility for RAC and Non RAC databases & building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Reconfigured the OCR, public and private interconnects, modifying the VIPs and the subnet masks for 2, 3, 4 and 6 Node RAC Clusters and Upgraded single instance 10g databases to 11g RAC.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and excellent experience with SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints and business rules.
- Installed and configured Oracle OEM 12c on test environments. Used OEM extensively to monitor the general health and troubleshoot/diagnose problems in the environment both on server, database level and also most importantly at the Sql level to identify and subpar sql queries. Configuring custom metrics, monitoring templates and alerts set up based on individual dba preference and also tailored to application requirements.
- Redesigned table and index partitioning strategies, using HINTS to improve the query performance.
- Developed, modified and optimized very complex queries to data retrieval Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, parallel processing and partitioning using techniques.
- Monitoring the CPU, memory usage, I/O contention on servers using top, iostat, SAR, glance, vmstat etc.
- Analyzing STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM and TKPROF and 10046 traces for diagnosing the root cause of the issue.
- Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
- Applied PSU Patches (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52) as a part of maintenance activity.
- Implemented and managed optimum physical database design (tablespaces, datafiles, extents, redo logs, archive logs) and assessed database capacity by monitoring online storage, growth and file system space, in adherence to the Optimal Flex Architecture
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Extensive experience in RMAN recovery testing, RAC and standalone databases.
- Recovered huge Database (1 Terabyte) when UNDO tablespace got corrupted in Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Experience in setting up Oracle ASM storage for Oracle RAC databases.
- Created a Clone Database using RMAN on remote Server and used SRVCTL commands for Real Application Cluster (RAC) Databases.
- Implemented Data Guard with high availability and performance configurations and participated in Data Guard Failover tests.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of all ecommerce activities of the organization.
- Monitored data transfer between the database servers using Data Stage, Oracle Streams/CDC.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes hot backups and Cold backups.
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics.
- Supported development teams by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, and TKPROF.
- Performing monthly and annual performance reports for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Worked on both VMS and UNIX environments.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, instance, memory, operating system and java calls.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, RAC/10g/11g/12c, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Datapump export/import utilities in Oracle 10g.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON-tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.
- Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and PERL based utility “opatch” from 10g to 11g and 12c.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Expertise in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema and table level) using RMAN utility and Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 184.108.40.206 database on HP-UX platform.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g to 11g RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Successfully upgraded the databases from 11g to non CDB 12c.
- Successfully migrated 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases.
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented Tablespace level TDE security.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
- Created Physical Standby databases using RMAN, performed Failover and Switchover using Data Guard Broker and manually as and when required.
- Worked extensively with Physical Standby database, troubleshooting, switchover and switchback with Physical standby setup.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 10g.