- Over 16 years of comprehensive and in - depth experience in the database technologies
- Have financial/Banking industry experience managing 24/7 mission critical multi billion trading/Banking databases. Worked as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Oracle Exadata DBA in Confidential Bank.
- Hands on experience on numerous database technologies & Engineered Systems like Exadata, RAC, ZFS, Oracle standby Dataguard and Mirroring.
- Handon experience in NoSQL Database MongoDb.
- Experience in Cloud AWSHelped organization in making substantial IT cost reduction of close to around $1 million on database (Oracle/MSSQL) portfolio.
- Worked extensively on Data Management, Data Architect, Data Security, Data replication, Data models, Data warehouse, Software Development Life Cycle, Data Center migrations, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery solutions & High Availability solutions.
- Have experience on Project Management, Resource Planning, Budgeting & System Architecture and Design with strong knowledge of supporting various applications related to healthcare and financial industry (FOREX, Equity, Fixed Income, Prime Brokerage).
- Excellent and Proven DBA & Developer skills with thorough understanding of the underlying internals of Database Infrastructure encompassing Application processes, SDLC, SAN storage configuration, Unix Operating system model, Networking topology and Database physical layout & logical footprint.
- Global Lead for cyber security project that includes Oracle & SQL Server Confidential implementation for all sensitive databases for US/Canada, LATAM, EMEA & APAC locations.
- MongoDB implementation on Confidential Internal and AWS cloud
- MongoDB Standards setup up
- Audit compliance & removing database vulnerabilities.
- Vendor Evaluation for Centralized Encryption Key management system
- Various Proof of concepts (POC) for Encryption - Oracle, SQL Server, Vormetric, HPE Microfocus Voltage, HPE UDF
- License Management for Oracle & SQL Server for Encryption Project
- Oncall 24/7 Production Support & Tier 1 Incident management calls and remediations.
Env: AWS EC2, AWS EBS,Oracle 12c,11g RAC,ASM,ACFS,MS SQL Server 2012,2014,2016, MongoDB 3.4.6, RHEL 6.9,7.0,SRDF,Dataguard,DB Mirroring,LogShipping
Subject Mater Expert
Env: Oracle 11g, 12c, 12c OEM, ASM, RAC,Oracle Clusterware, Exadata, ZFS, SRDF,Datawarehouse,OLTP
- Lead & completed the setting up of the New Exadata Systems (X6 Half RACK -4 node RAC,& 7 storage Servers) from scratch for Prod, DR and UAT for the Datawarehousing system and configured Database RMAN Image incremental backups on ZFS. Implemented multiple Networks separating the client utilization from DR and maintenance utilization. Implemented ACFS, high redundancy ASM disk groups etc.
- Created and configured ZFS projects, ZFS shares and best suited compression algorithms.
- Setup Dataguard with broker for disaster recovery solution.
- Worked with Oracle ACS
- Supported and administered many Oracle databases on RAC & Exadata systems
- Managed Tier 1 incidents and worked with global and offshore teams.
- On-Call Rotation
- Oracle Database migration & upgrades (IBM to HP), Database Server Performance (IBM vs HP) comparisons and baselines, Database design - physical & logical, Real Application Testing, Server/Database mappings, Year End storage/capacity planning, Database Projects roadmap forecasting, Proof of concept for upgrades & Oracle 12c implementation. Played a role of a database Design Engineer for a very critical multitenant client-facing database (10TB is size), developed its migration & upgrade strategy, Fine tuned monthly deployment process to save 60% of the time & efforts. Team mentoring & setup Database standards and exceptions.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC, Data guard, Exadata X3, DWH, Cloud Computing Virtualization, SQL/PLSQL, RMAN, SQLServer 2005/2008,log shipping, SQL Server Mirroring, Linux, ASM, Oracle 12c cloud control, HP snapshots
Lead DBA & Architect for Prime Brokerage Databases
Environment: Oracle11g/10g/9i, RAC, SQL/PLSQL, Oracle Dataguard, SRDF, Linux, Solaris, AIX, RMAN, Oracle Datapump, SQL-Server 2000, SQL Server 2005,SQL Server logshipping, Windows 2003, Shell/Batch scripting
Lead Senior Database Administrator
Environment: Oracle & SQL Server
Senior Database Administrator
Environment: Oracle & SQL Server