- Over 6 years of strong experience in Oracle database administration in heterogeneous system environment including Solaris, UNIX, and Windows, supporting a variety of mission critical applications with Oracle 10g and 11g.
- Experience as On - Call 24x7 production DBA support, application/development DBA, system administrator.
- Optimized SQL using explain plan, Auto trace feature and TKPROF to analyze the execution plan and tune the statements.
- Extensive knowledge in Database Backup and Recovery concepts using RMAN utilities (scheduling full/incremental/cumulative backups, hot/cold backups writing/editing UNIX Shell Scripts for RMAN)
- Experience in using Golden-gate during Disaster Recovery scenario and LOGICAL BACKUPS and Database migration tools with DATA PUMP, Export/Import and Transportable Tablespaces.
- Good experience in PATCHING AND UPGRADE from 10.2.0.x to 11.2.0.x
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing ASM and proficiency in using ASMCMD and ASMLIB, Flash-Back Technology, Log Miner.
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) / Network Attached Storage (NAS). Experience in database cloning with RMAN, Capacity Planning, Database Refresh and Patch management.
- Used oracle configuration assistants like Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) for creating databases, Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) for upgrading databases and Network Configuration Assistant (NETCA) for creating a Listener, TNS names to establish a Client-Server environment.
- Experienced in maintaining databases on large Production, Testing and DEV environments.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database up time/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM)
- Tuning of database using Utlstat scripts Statspack and dynamic performance views to monitor system statistics and wait events, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA.
- Experienced in Installation of high availability RAC environment (2, 3 and 4 node clusters) and upgraded standalone databases tonRAC environment.
- Experience in Real Application Clusters (RAC) setup, configuration and cluster interconnection with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), configured user log on load balancing and failover on RAC database for high availability.
- Installed and Administered Oracle 11g ASM & 10g RAC software with ASM.
- Strong experience in migrating database from Non-ASM to ASM and Non-RAC to RAC.
- Responsible for RMAN backups, and improvement to backup with incremental back by adding block change tracking feature of Oracle 11gR2.
- Created Users, Roles and Profiles, Privilege management with role-based security.
- Performed database tuning using Explain Plan, TKPROF, Statspack, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and SQL Trace.
- Maintaining and scheduling Cold Backups, Hot Backups, and Export Dumps.
- Implemented Golden Gate for data recovery and data migration for Oracle 11gR1 RAC multi nodes on IBM AIX and debugging Golden Gate issues such as extract, replicat rebuild and abend.
- Upgraded Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c database version.
- Good experience of Installation and configuration of RAC (Real Application Server) on different nodes with ASM (automatic storage management).
- Strong skills in SQL* PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader, UNIX Shell scripts (KSH and CSH), Import/Export Server Manager.
- Experience in installation, upgrades, patches and TAR support. Duties included database creation, Performance tuning/reorganization, cloning, backup/recovery, user and security management, auditing, general troubleshooting, coding, and configuring servers.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing (ETL), Data modeling and OLTP concepts and ASM, SAN.
- Proficient in setting up Standby Database supported by ORACLE DATAGUARD for disaster recovery purpose.
- Implementing FSFO (Fast start failover) on databases and configuring disaster recovery site using Dataguard. Also proficient with new 11g features such as Active Dataguard and Snapshot standby database.
- Delivered SQL and Database performance tuning services via V$/GV$ views, Explain Plan, TKPROF, AWR (Stats pack) reports, ADDM, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access, Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for maintaining and monitoring database.
- Experience in Logical backup using and full/ partial export/import and Data Pump.
- Extensive work experience in a database migration project team, serving in both an advisory and technical capacity
- Experience as On-Call 24x7 production DBA support, application/development DBA and Willing to work beyond regular hours.
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster Recovery and Performed switchover/switchback from primary database to standby database for testing purpose for the application teams when required.
- Performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for issues and validating disk space.
- Migration of large number of databases from 10g to 11g and implemented ASM on RAC and stand - alone databases and Applying PSU Patch and Migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Scheduled Cumulative Incremental backups using RMAN Cloned databases using RMAN Utility.
- Developed RMAN Backup strategies for cloning the test databases with the production environment and worked on RMAN active-active duplication.
- Scheduled RMAN backups, purge jobs, Maintenance Jobs using DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER, Crontab and $UNIVERSE.
- Installation and configuration of GoldenGate and Replication of data using Oracle Golden Gate.
- Tuning of Oracle Databases for performance improvement using AWR, ADDM, ASH, Trace Analyzer, EXPLAINPLAN, and also used Oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM) 11g and 12c to monitor single instance and RAC databases.
- Administering and setting up of 11G RAC and 10G RAC clusterware and instances.
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Provide support for Oracle RAC, including applying patches, performance tuning, Backup and recovery issues with RMAN, trace analysis, service creation for the apps to fail over, cluster and system management.
- Implemented Oracle TDE to provide transparent encryption of stored data to support submission efforts with release of Oracle 11g R2 and also implemented SSL wallet to secure the connections.
- Installed and Managing Oracle, 11gR2 3 nodes of cluster (RAC) on Solaris 11.
- Configured and Managing Oracle 11gR2 Data Guard (Active Physical Standby on 2 nodes RAC )
- Installed and currently Managing Oracle 12c Grid Control (OEM) for monitoring Production, Active Data guard (DG Broker), Stage and Dev systems.
- Database Services creation for distributing the applications across multiple nodes, Extensively used all command line utilities SRVCTL, CRSCTL, ADR, ASMCMD.
- Experience with Logical backups EXPDP/IMPDP and extensively used for Re-hosting the application using Golden Gate and worked with conventional EXP/IMP for migrating data from 9i to 10G.
- Performance monitoring and Database/Instance/RAC tuning using Dictionary views, AWR, Statspack, ADDM, ASH reports, OEM Grid Control, Fine tuning of SGA/PGA parameters, initialization parameters and reorganized physical objects (tables & indexes) and table spaces at performance standpoint.
Tools: Oracle RMAN, Oracle 11g (184.108.40.206), DBMS STATS, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential, Monroe, LA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Thorough knowledge in setting up infrastructure for databases in huge datacenters.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- RMAN point in time recovery and Instance recovery done on 11g.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Performed Data refresh activities using the export data pump utility.
- Installation of 2 node and 3 node RAC, Migrating of database to RAC database. Monitoring Health checks of OCR, VOTING DISKS and Interconnect for better performance and troubleshooting issues in RAC environment (11GR2).
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Refreshed/cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Performed Database upgrade from Oracle 9i (220.127.116.11) to Oracle 10g (10.2.0.5) and to Oracle 11g (18.104.22.168) RAC database.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Environment: Oracle 22.214.171.124, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, RHEL 5.2, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.