- Over 6 years of strong experience in Oracle database administration in heterogeneous system environment including Solaris, Linux, AIX and Windows.
- Good Knowledge and hands on experience on Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GG issues.
- Configured and maintained physical standby databases using Oracle Data Guard to perform quick disaster recovery.
- Experience in maintaining Data Guard to provide high availability by implementing physical standby database and snapshot standby.
- Participated in planning and implementation of off - site Disaster-Recovery planning and testing.
- Excellent experience in Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
- Upgraded Databases from 10g to 11g and from 11g to 12c on various platforms.
- Extensive experience with implementation of Oracle Advance security Wallet Manager.
- Proficient in Database administration activities such as User management, Space management, Monitoring, Creating Database, Managing Oracle Instance and Database security and Materialized Views.
- Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with Explain Plan, Tkprof, StatsPack, and SQL Trace.
- Extensive performance tuning experience, specializing in Operating System Tuning, SQL Tuning, Database/Instance Tuning.
- Performance Tuning of the database (Memory Allocation Tuning, I/O Tuning, Tuning Contentions) using oracle 11g tools like AWR, ADDM, Advisories, TKPROF, SQL TRACE,EXPLAIN PLAN for the better performance.
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Database using Grid Control & Diagnostic pack (AWR, ASH ADDM).
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
- Experience in taking Full and Incremental backups using RMAN (Recovery Manager).
- Experience in performing point in time recovery at times of necessity.
- Design and implement backup and recovery including disaster recovery structures.
- Wrote scripts to inform the DBA team on the status, performance and space management of the database
- Installed and configured Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c on Sun Solaris AIX, UNIX/LINUX, HP-UX and Windows environment.
- Synch -up database environments (DEV, QA) after each major release or production change.
- Co-ordinate with UNIX administrators and management team for space management, problem resolution, capacity planning, software version control, evaluation and support on various servers.
- Employed predefined UNIX scripts to cleanup database files such as outdated archived redo logs and trace files out of bdump, udump and audit directories.
- Trouble shoot and Configured Sql*Net files according to client and server settings to transfer data.
- Worked on export/import, data pump and SQL Loader.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Oracle cluster ware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in RAC environment.
- Implemented One node RAC and four node 11g RAC clusters on Linux platform and AIX LPARs having GPFS cooked SAN Storage.
- Experience in conversion of Single Node Instance to multinode RAC with ASM, and adding instance to existing RAC.
- Experience in Migration of Oracle Databases from non-RAC to RAC and non-ASM to ASM Instances.
- Experience in Real Application Clusters (RAC) setup with 4 nodes, configuration and cluster interconnection with Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Data warehouse analysis and design for diverse legacy system integration.
- Process/workflow analysis, project management from analysis and design for implementation.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing (ETL), Data mining and OLTP concepts and ASM, SAN
- Conceptual data modeling, logical and physical data modeling.
- Worked with development and operations staff in resolving problems quickly and efficiently
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, MS SQL Server
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL.
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ASH and ADDM, Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, SQL Server Management studio
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Oracle Database Administrator
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
- Implemented Data Guard with high availability and performance configurations and participated in Data Guard Fail over tests.
- Installing, configuring and maintenance of Oracle Replication Tool Oracle Golden Gate.
- Configured Goldengate 12c, RAC Active configuration with 11g database.
- Configured and worked in Oracle GoldenGate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Thorough knowledge in setting up infrastructure for databases in huge datacenters.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- Worked on Configuring OEM 12c console and installed OEM12c agents on all different platforms using push method from console and also using silent method.
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility for RAC and Non RAC databases & building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (Opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Applied PSU Patches (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168) as a part of maintenance activity.
- Planning, Implementing and Validating various versions of Oracle Databases to 12c Release & upgrades on all the environments (in a procedural approach Dev, Test, Stage, QA and Production) also Planning of back out procedures like downgrades/building parallel environments and also working on proof of concept for Oracle 12c upgrades.
- RMAN point in time recovery and Instance recovery done on 11g.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes hot backups and Cold backups.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Setup and monitored multi node RAC to RAC Dataguard with real time apply for Disaster recovery and offload backups.
- Reconfigured the OCR, public and private interconnects, modifying the VIPs and the subnet masks for 2, 3, 4 and 6 Node RAC Clusters and Upgraded single instance 10g databases to 11gR2 RAC.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and excellent experience with SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints and business rules.
- Installed and configured Oracle OEM 12C on test environments. Used OEM extensively to monitor the general health and troubleshoot/diagnose problems in the environment both on server, database level and also most importantly at the Sql level to identify and subpar Sql queries. Configuring custom metrics, monitoring templates and alerts set up based on individual dba preference and also tailored to application requirements.
- Redesigned table and index partitioning strategies, using HINTS to improve the query Performance.
- Developed, modified and optimized very complex queries to data retrieval Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, parallel processing and partitioning using techniques.
- Monitoring the CPU, memory usage, I/O contention on servers using top, iostat, SAR, glance, vmstat etc.
- Analyzing STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM and TKPROF and 10046 traces for diagnosing the root cause of the issue.
- Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
- Implemented and managed optimum physical database design (table spaces, data files, extents, redo logs, archive logs) and assessed database capacity by monitoring online storage, growth and file system space, in adherence to the Optimal Flex Architecture
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Extensive experience in RMAN recovery testing, RAC and standalone database
- Recovered huge Database (1 Terabyte) when UNDO table space got corrupted in Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Experience in setting up Oracle ASM storage for Oracle RAC databases.
- Performed database replication through Golden Gate.
- Created a Clone Database using RMAN on remote Server and used SRVCTL commands for Real Application Cluster (RAC) Databases
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of all ecommerce activities of the organization.
- Monitored data transfer between the Database servers using Data Stage, Oracle Streams/CDC
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics.
- Supported development teams by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, and TKPROF. Performing monthly and annual performance reports for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Worked on both VMS and UNIX environments.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, Instance, memory, operating system and java calls.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
Environment: Oracle 11g/11g RAC/10g, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked in an environment comprising 200 databases with the largest databases each of size 5 TB.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan Implemented using DATAGUARD (Physical Standby) for high availability/disaster recovery purpose on Oracle 11g.
- Implemented 11g Database compression feature for Development and test Instances to reduce the size of databases which help the client to save huge disk space.
- Performing DR switchover and failover operations.
- Syncing of DR databases with the Primary Database for any archival gaps.
- Applied PSU Patches (10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4) as a part of maintenance activity.
- Extensively used Datapump, conventional export/import utilities for loading data to & from databases, logical backups and migration of databases.
- Fixed various database performance issues using Automated Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Achieved optimal performance tuning by using explain plan, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE, TKPROF utilities.
- Responsible for network configuration and involved in a Client -Server environment using TNS, LISTNER, Net Configuration Assistant and other configuration files.
- Used Data pump for exporting and importing tables, schemas and table spaces.
- Performed daily maintenance tasks like space management, rectified locking problems, managed quotas etc., configured network components like TNSNAMES, Names Server, Connection Manager, etc. for easy and effective management of Oracle networking. Configured listener for external procedure calls.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Physical Standby using Oracle Data Guard for Disaster recovery process on Oracle 11g, 10g.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Capacity planning of tables, indexes, table spaces and databases to allow for growth potential.
- Worked with application developers to address and clarify data requirements to resolve technical and functional issues.
- Enforced corporate business rules through adequate user/resource/object management.
- Reconcile functional and technical problems through interaction with the client by researching and identifying the defined issue and by fully testing and confirming possible solutions to the problem.
- Creating database objects Tablespaces, Application Users, Database schemas, profiles, granting privileges and roles, and creating database links.
Environment: Oracle 22.214.171.124, 10.2.0.5, RHEL 5.5, Sun Solaris 10.0, DataGaurd, RAC, RMAN, OEM, Datapump, AWR, ADDM, ASH, TOAD 11.0.