Currently seeking a position in a challenging, yet rewarding career as an Oracle DBA. I am looking to develop and maximize my skills and knowledge in a manner that will be an asset to my employer. I have over 9 years in the IT industry, with 5 years specializing in Oracle.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Organization & Time Management
- Facility Management
- Vendor Management
- Staff Training and Development
- Team Building
- Office Management
- Information Technology
- Oracle 11g
- Microsoft Server
Confidential, Washington DC
Oracle Database Administrator/Database Architect
- Manage all aspects of physical database administration including setup, installations, upgrades, patches, security, backup and recovery, space management, performance tuning, schema management and capacity planning for Oracle 11g/12c Enterprise Data Warehouse in Sun Solaris environment.
- Monitor the Exadata Database Machines in Production, Dev and BC environments.
- Support Application teams and their projects to enhance, troubleshoot and performance tune while exploring SQL programming for query performance improvements
- Support Oracle Databases in Production, Test and Development environment
- Install, upgrade and test Oracle Gateway software
- Develop and implement Database Recovery plans and procedure
- Analyzes the performance of Databases and recommends tuning and application changes
- Monitor and Maintain Data Synching done
- Use tools: Data Pump, Tableau, SAS, SQL Loader, Toad, Golden Gate, Cron, M7 Supercluster WebLogic, Rational, OBIEE, Informatica
- Monitoring a cluster of databases holding 95 terabytes worth of data
Confidential, Washington DC
IT Desk Analyst, Mid
- Performed onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed
- Installed, configured, tested, maintained, monitored, and troubleshooted end - user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels
- Assessed the need for and implement performance upgrades to pc boxes, including the installation of cpus, i/o and nic cards, hard disks, hard drives, ram, memory chips, cd-roms, and so on
- Collaborated with lan technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
- Where required, administered and resolved issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products
- Received and responded to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems via the assignment of trouble tickets
- Answered to and performed moves, adds, and changes (mac) requests as they are submitted by end users
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Use tools: VMWare, ARS, PowerShell, Active Directory
- If necessary, liaised with third-party support and pc equipment vendors
- Supported the daily situational briefing with relevant analysis and status updates
Confidential, Hyattsville, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience in installation, configuration of Oracle environments for a 1TB database by implementing WAN technology to reduce the network traffic.
- Installed Oracle Clusterware to provide infrastructure for RAC and configured 3 node Oracle 11g RAC with EMC.
- Planned and implemented DR & high availability solutions using OEL 10g Standby Database using Oracle Data Guard, 11g and 10g RAC.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as upgrades, patches, TAR support, performance tuning, capacity planning, script development, and documentation.
- Perform DB patching, cloning, DB installation, troubleshoot issues/errors/incidents, collaborate with Oracle support for bugs & issues resolutions and personal research.
- Possesses the ability and knowledge to grant access privileges to database users by creating, configuring and maintaining user profiles and roles for database access, included login and password.
- Hands on experience with Installation, Configuration, Migrations, Oracle Data Guard, Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Disaster Recovery and Patching, upgrading and administering 40 Terabytes of Oracle Databases on Oracle11g/10g/9i
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Field Engineer-IT Wireless - Operations Supervisor
- Troubleshooting both software and hardware related issues.
- Operating windows and apple system platforms through software applications.
- Built computer systems and assembled network data collection structures.
- Monitor productivity rate and prepare certain reports for the management that may be in the form of personnel or procedural changes.
- Complete reports, prioritize projects, complete the activities log and make sure that personnel are knowledgeable and qualified about the tasks given.
- Scheduling, timesheet via spreadsheets, logistics and planning.
- Supervised a team of 27 individuals
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
- Excellent experience in Installation and configuration of Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment. .
- Experience in Installation, configuration of Oracle RAC, developed 2 node RAC environments for a 10 TB database by implementing WAN technology to reduce the network traffic.
- Experience in Upgrading databases (10g R2 to 11g, 10g R1 to 10gR2, 9i to 10gR1).
- Experienced in setting up/installation and configuration of release 11g RAC/10g R1 RAC with EMC Storage.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as Upgrades, Patches, Performance Tuning, capacity planning, and documentation.
- Upgrade/Migration of Databases from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Excellent working experience on EMC, NetApp and ASM Storage technologies.
- Hands on experience with Installation, Configuration, Migrations, Oracle Data Guard, Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Disaster Recovery and Patching, upgrading and administering 40 Terabytes of Oracle Databases on Oracle 11g/10g/9i .
- Gather and evaluate information, using tools such as aerial photographs, radar equipment.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources.
- Preparing maps, charts, and intelligence reports.
- Studied activities relating to terrorism, and other national security threats.
- Conducting security clearance checks on programs such as JPAS.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance quality and to plan improvements.
- Implemented health and safety procedures.
- Manage staffing and training issues.
- Supervised a team of 30 Airman CONUS and 40 Airman and civilian contractors OCONUS- Facility Manager