- Full responsibility and experience in database administration (DBA), performance tuning, database backup, database recovery, database security, database optimization, data migration of Oracle instances and SQL - server databases .
- Good communication and cooperation skills with an aptitude to learn quickly, take responsibility, work under pressure.
- Experience on Data Replication using, import/export and Oracle Streams.
- Worked with customer for different RAC related issues: split brain, RAC recovery, ASM, OCR, Voting disk loss & so on .
- Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events).
- Backup and Recovery issues related (loss of OCR, Voting Disk and Oracle cluster ware)
- Resolved/Diagnose Node Eviction.
- Handled multiple issues with Data Block corruption on ASM Disks.
- Add or Remove Node from RAC.
- Remote administration and support of Oracle production and development Databases on major Operating Systems with sizes up to 3 TB.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle Databases 10g, 11g and 12c versions.
- Experience in the Upgrade of Oracle Databases in version Level to (10g to 11g), and (11g to 12c).
- Good Experience in applying patches like Critical Patch Updates (CPU), and Patch Set Updates (PSU) as per the Oracle recommendations.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN (full and incremental)
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial .
- Involved in each phase of life cycle ( SDLC ) including requirement gathering, technical design, development, system integration phase, quality assurance phase, development and production support activities .
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing ASM and proficiency in using ASMCMD and ASMLIB
- Worked actively in configuring and maintaining Oracle Physical Standby/Active Data Guard Database oracle 11g.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM) and extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager to do the daily tasks regarding the performance, maintenance.
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle 12c Multitenant container and pluggable databases with Flex Cluster and Flex ASM.
- Upgrading and migrating Oracle 11gR2 RAC Databases running on legacy infrastructure to Oracle 12c Pluggable Databases running on the latest platforms.
- Configuration and Management of Data Guard on RHEL, OEL.
- Extensive experience with Database Cloning and Refreshing pre-prod/dev databases with prod/pre-prod databases.
- Extensive experience in installation and implementing OEM and TOAD and setup of Oracle Grid Control.
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) / Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Implementation of Flashback Technology, Log Miner, Automatic Database Diagnostic Manager (ADDM).
- Proactively monitoring the database's health and taking preventive or corrective actions
- Proficient in Database Design (Physical and Logical Database Design) and Normalization.
- Expert experience in cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Used EXPDP & IMPDP to take backup at database level or tablespace level.
- Proficient in using various database Utilities like EXPORT/IMPORT, DataPump, TOAD.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SQL loader utility.
- Automated many common tasks using crontab including Backups, exports and imports .
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11g, and 10g
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM, Toad, Putty, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN Client
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import
Oracle Database Administrator
- Involved in 24x7 Oracle Production Database Administration.
- Performing all the Database Administration activities like installation, configuration, cloning, patching, upgrade, performance tuning, backup & recovery, space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, patching of Oracle RDBMS and applications.
- Experienced in Golden Gate Installation and Configuration for database replication purpose.
- Solid experience with different versions of Golden Gate installation, configuration, Administration.
- Supported 100+ databases including production databases, a Data warehouse database and a lot of Development and Test databases and upgraded from 10g to 11g and some to 12c.
- Worked on setting up/installation and configuration of oracle 11g R2 RAC with ASM and 11g CRS on Linux.
- Installed and configured 2 node oracle 11gR2 RAC for production environment.
- Installed 12c Databases and responsible for upgrading Oracle 10g RAC to 11g RAC.
- Involved in troubleshooting Golden Gate EXTRACT and REPLICATE issues.
- Implemented and administered Oracle Golden Gate for Database Replication between production and reporting node, by using Oracle Streams in parallel to secure data and having the availability of the database during regular upgrade or maintenance operation.
- Implemented Data Pump, Export and Import on day to day basis as per development and test servers.
- Responsible for Performance Monitoring and analysis of 11gRAC (Real Application Clusters) with AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) reports and ASH (Active Session History).
- Implemented backup and recovery procedures (Cold/Hot backups, RMAN Incremental backups & Import/Export).
- Cloning RAC to RAC and RAC to NON RAC using hot backup and RMAN.
- Experienced in configuring and managing the Concurrent Managers, Workflow Notification Mailers and monitoring their operation
- Strong experience in Space and User Management, Capacity planning, standby setup, Backup & recovery (Import/Export, Datapump, RMAN)
- Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, AWR, ADDM, ASH, and SQL tuning advisor
- Handled Physical and Logical Corruptions and recovery using RMAN (Recovery Manager).
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility & building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Maintained and monitored various production servers with Oracle 11g R1, 11g R2, 10g.
- Scheduled database maintenance tasks such as tables/indexes analysis, index rebuild, materialized views refresh and db exports.
- Maintained DATA GUARD to provide high availability by implementing physical stand-by database and snapshot-standby and worked with Oracle 11g features 11g Grid Control and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Troubleshooting Space Management & User accounts and privilege issues while coordinating with Unix and application teams.
- Performed proactive database maintenance procedures to ensure optimal performance and uptime and implemented shell scripts for automation of day to day activities.
- Identify Top SQL that are consuming heavy resources and provide support to the development team in identifying SQL queries that are consuming high resources and interact with the development team to see if these queries can be fine-tuned further.
- Regular Security Patching and Critical Patch Updates (CPU) and Patch set updates (PSU) on Oracle databases for various bug fixes on database products.
- Production support for Oracle database 10g/11g RAC.
- Implemented and configured of Oracle Enterprise manager OEM 12C and Oracle Management Server for maintenance and monitoring of production databases.
- Managing Users, Roles, privileges, profiles, schemas, using Grid Control of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12C.
- Creating and Managing Primary Objects like Custom tables, Procedures, Packages, Triggers, Alerts & Functions. Views, Indexes, user accounts, roles, grants and performing day-to-day operations.
- Expert in monitoring database using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
Tools: Used: Oracle RMAN, Oracle 10g (18.104.22.168), DBMS STATS, Data pump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Oracle Database AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Windows environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (Opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Thorough knowledge in setting up infrastructure for databases.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- RMAN point in time recovery and Instance recovery done on 11g.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Implemented Flashback technology of the Oracle 11g, 10g along with Recyclebin for a faster recovery of the databases and database objects.
- Performed Data refresh activities using the export data pump utility.
- Installation of 2 node and 3 node RAC, Migrating of database to RAC database. Monitoring Health checks of OCR, VOTING DISKS and Interconnect for better performance and troubleshooting issues in RAC environment (11GR2).
- Excessively worked on performing database backup and recovery using RMAN. Key player in troubleshooting backup issues. Taking the RMAN incremental and cumulative backups.
- Good hands on performance tuning related issues for the SQL queries, which are running slow, consuming high resources.
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Refreshed/cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Performed Database upgrade from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.5) to Oracle 11g (22.214.171.124) RAC database.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Environment: Oracle 126.96.36.199, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, RHEL 5.2, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.