- I am a Certified Oracle Database Administrator with Ms Sql Server (SSMS 2014 - 2016) experience.
- I have over 6 years proficiency in production and project support in Installation, Configuration, Migration, Database Backup & Recovery, data guard implementation, Tuning at Instance level and SQL level, Cloning, Refreshes, Upgrade and Patches, Space Management, Database Security, Auditing, Troubleshooting, Managing Oracle 12c, 11g and 10g databases in heterogeneous environments.
- Worked on various Oracle versions like 12c, 11g, 10g Databases across various platforms such as Solaris, AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Extensive experience with Database Cloning using RMAN in Tech Test environment, database schema refreshes using datapump and transportable tablespaces.
- Proficiency in performance reporting for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Experienced in Linux and Solaris using 11g network configuration (NETCA) Listeners .
- Migration to Multitenant Architecture using CDB and PDB in oracle 12c.
- Ms Sql Server Management Studio 2014-2016 (SSMS).
- Good experience of Installation and configuration of RAC (Real Application Cluster) on different nodes with ASM (automatic storage management).
- Experience in Configuring Single instance to multimode, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Data guard.
- Upgraded 10g and 11g Standalone databases to 11g and 12c 2-node RAC.
- Proficient in Patching (CPU/PSUs and One-off patches) and Upgrade of Oracle Databases from Oracle 10g to 11g and from 11g to 12c database versions .
- Supported Server migrations, Application upgrades and Data center movements.
- Configured Offline and Online Disaster recovery sites to maximize database availability
- Strong skills in SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Programming/ Shell scripts (KSH and CSH).
- Extensive work to create development, testing, staging, production, RAC and standby databases for OLTP and Data Warehousing using customized shell scripts.
- Excellent knowledge in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery and VERITAS Net Backup.
- RMAN scripts for database backup options for both RAC and standalone instances.
- Expertise in tuning performance in oracle databases using 12c Grid Control, ASH, AWR, ADDM, TKPROF, STATSPACK and SQL tuning using SQL Trace, Explain Plan, SQL Profile and Hints.
- Monitoring and tuning system resources for hit ratios, I/O, lock and latch contention.
- Thorough understanding in tuning, and assigning proper indexes such as BITMAP or B-Tree Index, Public Synonyms, materialized views, Partitioning and Database Links.
- Strong skills in Creating User profiles, granting and revoking roles and privileges, mixed and pure auditing and implementing advanced security recommendations.
- Uni-directional and Bi-directional Golden Gate real time replication .
- Expertise in project presentations for progress meetings and high level discussions.
- Highly motivated, excellent team player, enthusiastic, strong initiative and quick learner of new technologies.
Databases: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g
Database Tools: Oracle (Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*Plus, SQL Loader, DBA Configuration Assistant) Sql Developer, Toad, OEM Grid, RMAN, Exp/Imp/Data Pump, Log miner, Statspack/AWR, Top, DBCA, DBUA, ADDM, Remedy, Ms Sql Server Maanagement Studio (SSMS 2014-2016)
Operating Systems: UNIX (Solaris 8/9/10, AIX, HP-UX), LINUX Red Hat
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR/ADDM/AS
Confidential - East Syracuse, NY
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11g R2 on Linux and also Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Database Migration across different platforms using RMAN.
- Responsible for setup and implementation of 2 Node RAC on Linux in 10g and 11g R2.
- Responsible for configuring datagaurd physical and standby database setup for high availability, disaster recovery and handling synchronization issues between primary and standby.
- Administrating and troubleshooting oracle clusterware/Grid Infrastructure, starting-stopping different services like CRS, Nodeapps etc.
- Configuring ASM instances on RAC database nodes by installing and configuring ASM
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases and managing disks and disk groups with ASM.
- Performed migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Database Monitoring and troubleshooting of RAC, managing disks and disk groups with ASM, use of Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud/11g Grid Control, Database Control(OEM).
- Scheduling and maintaining level 0 and level 1 RMAN backups.
- Managing, Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the databases on a periodic basis using ASH, AWR, ADDM reports and providing recommendations.
- Troubleshooting installation errors both independently and with Oracle support (via Metalink/Oracle Support)
- Handling and debugging of high priority and sudden database service interruption issues like service interruption due to ORA-600 errors in the dump and database hung due to ORA 7445 errors and restoring the service to normal and providing efficient root cause analysis.
- Export and Import of database objects to copy from one database to another database with use of Datapump (expdp/impdp) in 10g/11g and other ETL tools.
- Performed all aspects of database administration including installs, builds, upgrades, object sizing, object creation, backup/recovery, patch management, DB monitoring, export/imports and SQL loader.
- Daily DBA activities like Performance Tuning, Database auditing and managing user groups, Database security, OS space monitoring, User creation and database profiles.
- Applying quarterly, half-yearly, yearly patches using OPATCH and OPATCHAUTO. Also applying different patch sets on the database releases for functionality and bugs fixes.
- Applying Quarterly security Patches (CPU/PSU) and applying Patch set and One-off Patches using opatch and opatchauto utilities.
- Tuning database with the help of v$ views, 12c Grid control OEM tools, at different levels like, DB level, SQL level, User/session level using different reports like ASH, AWR, ADDM, Explain Plan, SQL tuning advisor, SQL tuning set SQL Access advisor etc.
- Implemented proactive monitoring and database health checks using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN and ADDM.
- Involved in database upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 for all the environments in EIC project DEV, TEST, STAGE and PROD environments, upgrade from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 for EDMS project for DEV, TEST and PROD environments.
- Setting up backups on databases with different backup technologies like, RMAN, Netback up, Netapp snap and created different restore scenarios to test the backup.
- Library, marking disks for ASM, creating ASM disk groups, adding disks into diskgroupsets, administration of ASM instances by ASMCMD and ASM logs.
- Capacity Planning for OLTP environment- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the existing and new databases.
- Proactive performance monitoring by implementing UNIX scripts and automated jobs (Grid) for alerts.
- Very comfortable in using ASM for creating diskgroups, adding additional storage (DISKS) and troubleshooting ASM issues.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the gaps between source and target databases configured with dataguard.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Successfully migrated 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented Tablespace level TDE security in 11g.
- Managed Database Maintenance Activities to achieve optimum database uptime
- Configuration of Listener and Tnsnames
- Responsible for Maintenance and Support of multi-terabyte databases in production, testing and development environments. (Sun Solaris, Linux Redhat)
- Successfully installed Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) including; Grid infrastructure (Clusterware and ASM) and Oracle rdbms software on a 3 nodes RAC architecture in development and UAT running oracle.
- Experience in designing and configuring high-availability systems using DataGuard with physical standby effectively configured and used DataGuard Broker utility
- Responsible for proactively managing database growth and trends to ensure database availability and propose recommendations based on transaction volumes, usage growth and response times as a part of capacity planning exercise.
- Ensure that the databases does not run out of space with automated scripts.
- Responsible for tunning of long running query’s by creating B-Tree and BITMAP indexes.
- Resolving issues related to Network Congestion, Memory (SGA and PGA), CPU & IO and other oracle related issues.
- Developed database system build sheets, code review check lists, code promotion process documents, outage reporting documents.
- Sizing the SGA, db buffers, shared SQL area, log buffer based on the requirements.
- Responsible for setting and managing user space management and Granting required privileges to users.
- Configured oracle advanced security on 12c databases to implement Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) at tablespace and at column levels.
- Configured OEM’s (oracle Enterprise Manager) and SQL Developer GUI Tools.
- Develop Oracle reports, database procedures and UNIX shell scripts.
- Provided development DBA support for developer queries and requests including identifying problematic code, server tuning and query tunning.
- Used Secure SCP & SFTP for the File transfers from machines to remote server.
Confidential - Charleston, IL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Implemented proactive monitoring and database health checks using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF ADDM and EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim patches on all the databases using opatch and opatchauto utilities.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- Performed RMAN point in time recovery, instance recovery done on 11g with db verify.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports using datapump and ETL tools, table space usage report using crontab.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Implemented Flashback technology of the Oracle 11g, 10g along with Recyclebin for a faster recovery of the databases and database objects.
- Performed Data refresh activities using the export data pump and other ETL tools.
- Installation of 2 node and 3 node RAC, Migrating of database to RAC database. Monitoring Health checks of OCR, VOTING DISKS and Interconnect for better performance and troubleshooting issues in RAC environment (11GR2).
- Excessively performed database backup and recovery using RMAN. Key player in troubleshooting backup issues and taking RMAN incremental and cumulative backups.
- Good hands on performance tuning related issues with Experience in query analyzing and Performance Tuning for the slow running SQL queries, consuming high resources.
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving Service Requests tasks.
- Refreshed and cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Restoration of Data for users in the event of requirement or system crash.
- Written SQL scripts to monitor tablespace and extent growth.
- Performance tuning which includes creating indexes, analyze explain plan and optimizer hints. Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Achieved database optimized performance by rebuilding indexes on tables.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- On-call rotation for production & development database support and administration.