- IT Professional with referable experience as Oracle DBA in 12c/11g database with strong hands - on work in Patching, Backup and Recovery, Memory and Space Management, Cloning, Replication, Performance Tuning, RMAN, RAC, DataGuard, OEM Grid Control, Golden Gate.
- Expert in RAC Installation, configuration, administration and monitor on LINUX platform. Experienced in add/delete RAC nodes and managed cluster failover.
- Managed ASM, create and prepare disk for ASM. Create ASM instance. Add/remove disk. Manage space on disk groups.
- Utilized ASMCMD to view and manipulate files and directories within Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups.
- Created databases using DBCA/Manually. Configured Listener, Tnsnames, pfile, password file.
- Applied necessary Patches during installation and also in up-gradation of databases on Oracle database version 11g.
- Created Physical/logical standby database. Managed Data Guard by Detect archival gap, Failover, switchover. Open physical standby database. Flashback of database. Configure 11g Active data guard.
- Performed Backup/restore/recovery using RMAN. Experienced in taking Full and partial backups, Incremental and Cumulative backups using RMAN.
- Performance-Tuning of databases using ADDM, AWR, statspack, EXPLAIN PLAN and dictionary views. Gather statistics, re-organize structure. Monitor memory, index, and Schedule jobs. Top sql/session, bottleneck issues, Tune init parameter, Full table scan and Index usage, SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Performance Optimization by monitor redo generation, increasing log buffer size, block size and changing archiving procedures and Query tuning using Statspack and OEM.
- Used Data Pump utility to move production data to non production environments. Worked on PARAMETER file to implement strategies for EXPDP/IMPDP.
- Scripting - Shell, PL/SQL, Sql Server for daily monitoring activities.
- Experienced in Golden Gate Installation and configuration for unidirectional and bidirectional replication for reporting and high availability needs.
- Having good exposure in user management, table space management, session management, undo management issues. Control database access on privileged user access to application data.
- Experienced in implementation of Flashback Point Time Recovery.
- Performed cloning on local host/remote server using RMAN.
- Automated many common tasks using CRON including Backups, exports and imports, archiving old records.
- Hands-on experience of Oracle Database Audit Vault and Database Security.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11gR2/11gR1
OS: Red Hat Linux
Tools: OEM grid control, Putty, MobaXterm, ODA
Database Utilities: SQL * Loader, Expdp/Impdp, DataPump Utilities, RMAN, DBCA, OEM Grid control, Oracle Data Guard, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management(ASM), Data Pump (expdp, impdp), Query Analyzer, SQL*Plus, Golden Gate, CommVault software
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, UNIX shell scripting, SQL Server
- Supported over 100 databases on RHEL platform. Administered and verified database security is maintained according to best practice and company's needs.
- Worked on High availability Real Applications Clusters (oracle 12c/11g RAC) Database for 3 nodes and 6 nodes RAC including ASM and CRS.
- Designed Golden Gate for 12c/11g database for unidirectional and bidirectional replication to achieve high availability.
- Extensively worked in configure/setting up physical standby database on Oracle 11gR2 for Disaster recovery.
- Assisted developers with database creation and sizing. Assisted developers with database design to include an understanding of performance implications.
- Developed reports and queries to extract data from new and existing relational database applications as necessary.
- Handled day to day monitoring and maintenance of database.
- Implemented upgrades, applied patches and troubleshooting issues.
- Managed user access and security issues such as roles and privileges.
- Worked with staff and administrators to analyze database management needs.
- Handy in utilized data pump tool for export/import the data between the databases.
- Refresh/Cloning of Database and applications for development and testing purpose using RMAN.
- Administered Oracle ASM disk groups (mirroring, compatibility) with Oracle ASM Configuration Assistant (ASMCA).
- Created/configured/deleted/managed templates in Oracle Database with Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA). Configured Network connectivity (TCP/IP Network, Oracle Net Listener).
- Experienced in Identify performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems. Analyze SQL statements and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Performed Backup/restore/recovery using RMAN and utilized CommVault backup software.
- Experienced in manages Daily Online backups (Level-0 and Level-1) and Archive Backups using RMAN.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts for daily and weekly backup jobs.
- Loaded data from flat files into Oracle Database using SQL*Loader.
- Monitored/maintained the database activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of jobs, creation of users, schemas, tablespaces and other database objects.
- Weekly Data Refresh from Production to Development and Test environments using Data Pump export/import.
- Having good exposure in user management, table space management, session management, undo management issues.
- Investigated Performance Problems using OEM and AWR, ADDM, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Applied of one off Patches for Database using opatch utility.
Environment: Oracle 12c, 11gR2, RAC, ASM, GoldenGate, DataGuard, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM), RDBMS, Explain plan, Statspack, RedHat Linux, SQL*LOADER, SQL Server, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Performance Analyzer, Shell Scripting
Confidential - Madison, WI
- Supported to the application team to solve any issues in the production environment.
- Involved in Administers User Security (Create database user account, altering passwords of users and granting as well as revoking System/Object privileges, roles, auditing user actions) in the database.
- Worked in RAC environments to Startup and Shutdown Databases and Grid Infrastructure during maintenance operations
- Used Data pump for export/import of the data in various DEV/TEST environments.
- Performed all daily Maintenance tasks including schedules backup jobs, monitor job failures and troubleshoot RMAN backup job failures and interacting with Oracle Customer service when required.
- Used RMAN for incremental and cumulative backup/restore.
- Monitored the database performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), AWR and ADDM.
- Planned Backup/Restoration Strategy, Schedules Backups, Schema backups, taking Logical Backups (with Export/Import Datapump utilities).
- Responsible for Collect/analyze performance statistics for resource consumption and performance anomalies.
- Managed Tablespaces, Datafiles, Rollback segments, Temporary tablespace.
- Applied PSU patches to Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to automate batch jobs through Cron.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 10g Real Application Cluster (RAC). Supported Production database 10g/11g RAC.
- Loaded Data from flat file to the Database using SQL * Loader.
- Implemented DATA GUARD (Active Physical Standby) for high availability/disaster recovery purpose.
Environment: Oracle 11g, RMAN, 11G OEM GRIDS, Putty, Xming
Jr. Oracle DBA
- Installed the Oracle database 11gR2 on SOLARIS, RHEL and applied patches on it.
- Designed and supported complex DISTRIBUTED database architecture.
- Created tablespaces and database files based on the OFA model. Implemented physical database design after sizing tables and indexes and creating tablespaces taking into account I/O load distribution.
- CLONED database from production to test, development environment.
- Done heavy data transfer using DATA PUMP import/export utility.
- Data needed to be extracted from different tables in different schemas/databases for analysis.
- Created DATA GUARD. Register archive logs manually if error occurs in alert log.
- Created RMAN Catalog for new databases and registered databases with RMAN catalog.
- Restore / Recover database by applying archive and redo logs.
Environment: Oracle 11g, RMAN, OEM GRID, Putty, Xming, DataGuard, DataPump
- Installed Oracle Software, created Database and configuration of Databases.
- Analysis and testing of the test and production database.
- Configured on Oracle Instance with SGA, PGA and Background Processes.
- Managed Logical objects like Tablespaces, segments and extents.
- Maintained indexes and performed management of Undo Data, table sizes, tablespaces.
- Created different users and assigning default tablespace, temporary table spaces, privileges, profiles.
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery. Performed Hot/Cold backup, setting up RMAN, Implemented Hot, Cold, Logical backup using Data Pump Utility.
- Designed Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes etc. in coordination with the application development team.
- Loaded Data from flat file to the Database using SQL * Loader.
- Performed Database refresh using expdp/impdp.
- Worked on Database PSU patchset.
Environment: Linux, 10g/11g, RMAN, SQL*Loader, OEM, SQL* Plus, Putty