- 5 years of hands - on experience as an Oracle Database Administrator who is passionate and driven to help rganizations meet their goals and obtain full value from their technology investments, Experienced supporting a full system development life cycle. Worked with 10g, 11g and 12c database administration duties involved production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, cloning, space management and security. Established strong relationships with customers, vendors, and team members.
- Database Administration and Related Systems
- Database Performance and SQL Turning
- Developing and testing Backup recovery strategy
- Oracle Database Disaster Recovery
- Oracle Database Migration and Upgrade
- Oracle Real Application Configuration and Installation.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Data guard.
- Experience in Golden gate Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of Golden gate issues.
- Oracle Enterprise Manger 12c
- Security Design and Implementation with TDE
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11, 12c, Oracle RAC, Data guard, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows
Hypervisors: VMWare, Virtual Box
Networking & Protocols: Oracle net, TCP/IP
Programming Languages: SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, Bash Shell Scripting, Python
Software Tools SQL Developer, TOAD:
Applications: Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Recovery Manager (RMAN), TKPROF, Data pump Migration (Export & Import), Procedures, Backup and Recovery Performance turning, SQL*Loader,AWR, ADDM, NETCA, NETMGR, DBCA, DBUA, SQL Developer, Goldengate.
Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential,Cherry Hill, NJResponsibilities:
- Performed daily activities for cluster and database such as review of alert, trace and listener logs, Tasks also include corrective actions for proactive and critical alerts
- Migrated Oracle database from 11gR2 to Oracle database 12c in a recent project
- Performed and automated RMAN backup of the databases, running Incremental backup daily and full backup once week
- Use tools such as AWR, ADDM, EXPLAIN PLAN to evaluate database performance, gather statistics, resolve performance related issues
- Upgraded database from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 in a recent project
- Worked on database cloning from production database.
- Configured and automated health checks on the databases to send a monthly alert.
- Manage database user and security administration.
- Oracle Golden setup in a heterogeneous database configuration where GG is used to replicate between Oracle to Oracle and Oracle to MySQL. This setup is prototyped to execute migrating database from Oracle to MySQL
- Implemented Golden gate replication in Heterogeneous environment.
- Wrote shell scripts to automate loading files into database, error handling and notification.
- Maintained documentation and coding standards, lessons learned, best practices, and quality improvement documentation
Oracle Database Administrator
- Provide administrative database security role by protecting the database, creating and managing users
- Maintained database that ranging from 300GB to 3TB
- Regularly performed database refresh
- Perform daily database backup of development and test environments, use production data to refresh development and test schemas
- Use DBCA to create and DBUA to upgrade Oracle databases Prepare documentation for DBA department
- Implements/maintains database security with roles and system privileges Experience working in a help desk and call center environment.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly diffuse heated customer situations. Excellent troubleshooting and logical problem solving skills.
- Creative ability to solve unusual or difficult problems when logical methods have failed. Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.