- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA in Oracle 11g and 10g with 9 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration, which include the following: Production, QA, Development database support, upgrade, testing, migration, maintenance, documentation, tuning, backup & recovery in Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g and Oracle 9i on IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, HP - UX, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, patching, upgrading and administering Terabyte Oracle databases on Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i.
- Experience in installing and patching Oracle RAC with ASM on AIX, Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Configured Oracle Data Guard for Oracle Disaster Recovery, High Availability and Data Protection.
- Familiar with Oracle 12c CDB, PDB architecture and 12c new features.
- Upgraded databases from 11g to 12c.
- Expertise in using Recovery Manager (RMAN) Backup, Recovery, Cloning and duplicating the database.
- Performed Database Tuning - Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle’s performance tuning tools like AWR, ASH, Explain Plan, Statspack, SQL*Trace, Tkprof.
- Strong experience in UNIX shell-scripting, Perl scrpting for all database and server requirements.
- Extensive experience in monitoring, tuning and analyzing database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Expertise in writing backend Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Used TOAD tool for Building, Testing & Debugging PL/SQL Packages.
- Experience in supporting GoldenGate replication and troubleshooting replication issues.
- Expertise in Partitioning.
- Efficiently implemented Backup of databases both Logical (Data Pump Export, Conventional Export) and Physical (hot and cold) procedures.
- Performed Routine DBA functions like Space management, Undo segments, Database Releases and Invalid objects.
- Created Users, Roles and Profiles, Privilege management with role-based security.
- Familiar with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud control 12c.
- Used Oracle support and Metalink to troubleshoot Oracle problems and issues.
- Good academic record. Good communication, interpersonal skills & ability to work independently and highly motivated & organized with good analytical abilities and presentation skills & commitment to team work.
- Experience in MySQL databases.
Relational Databases: Oracle12c/11g/10g/9i/8i
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell Programming, Bash & Korn Scripting, Perl Scripting, C, HTML.
Operating Systems: IBM AIX, SUN Solaris, HP-UX PA-RISC/Itanium, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows 2003.
Tools: Data Pump Export/Import, SQL*Loader, RAC, Toad, Export/Import, SQL*PLUS, STATSPACK, RMAN, HTML, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Grid Control, TKPROF, DBCA, ERWIN DM, PLSQL developer, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Senior Oracle DBA
- Support to Production, QA and development databases of sizes ranging from 50 GB to 100 TB.
- Worked in Oracle12c for the data center migration projects.
- Upgraded databases from 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Familiar with Oracle 12c CDB, PDB architecture and the new features.
- Configured 12c Data Guard and Switchover for 12c databases.
- Built 11gR2 RAC databases for various applications.
- Set up Active Data Guard for production databases.
- Converted Physical Standby to Snapshot Standby databases for testing major scripts including PL/SQL procedures before production releases.
- Set up GoldenGate for replication between production databases.
- Assisted in the database administration and releases on Exadata platforms.
- DBA support for moving Exadata cluster to another datacenter.
- Co-ordinate with Oracle support for bundle patches on Exadata.
- Worked with DevOps engineers on code deployments and releases.
- Used Oracle 11g/12c AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Support for MySQL databases in production and staging environments.
- MySQL user creation, granting required privileges, object creation.
- Applied One-off, CPU, PSU and CRS Bundle patches.
- Implemented OEM 12c Agent and Goldengate plugin Installations.
- Extensive Experience with Change Board Meetings and Change Control Management for all db changes.
- Upgrade databases from 10g to 11gR2.
- Configuring ASM environment for RAC databases and adding additional disks when required.
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM) reports for the health check of the databases, and used the notification tool to send the alerts in OEM Grid Control.
- Performed Security administration tasks, setup users accounts, passwords and roles.
- Monitored data files, logical data storage and data growth activities.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, DB backup logs etc.
- Planned and Performed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Backups.
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Supported 24/7 on-call support for mission critical financial databases.
- Involved in designing new structures/procedures/views/functions for development and data migration from production to reporting databases.
- Configuring tnsnames.ora and listener.ora for database connectivity.
Environment: & Tools: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, Sun Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX, 11gR2 RAC, ASM, Oracle Exadata, EMC SRDF, NetApp, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Toad for Oracle, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, AWR, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl scripting, PL/SQL.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Support to Confidential ’s Oracle databases.
- Installation of 11gR2 databases for various projects.
- Performed database management functions such as maintenance, access issues and security in 11gR2 RAC databases.
- Applying PSU and one-off patches.
- Documentation of Database Installation steps and standards.
- Moderate to complex programming and coding to automate and support the database environment.
- Implementing security controls and database profiles.
- Assisted DevOps engineers on database production and QA releases.
- Database Support for MySQL in production and staging environments.
- Using AWR, ASH reports, Tkprof, Explain plan and traces for checking database performance.
- Developed RMAN Backup scripts for databases.
- Created UNIX Shell Scripts for tablespace space monitoring the Databases, Alert Log notifications through emails, Archive log space alert scripts.
- Coordinated with QA, production DBA teams and Project Managers for Application and Database Tickets.
- Scheduled cron Jobs for Backups, Alert Logs checking, Batch Jobs etc.
- Performed export and import on different databases using Oracle Datapump export / import & conventional export & import utilities.
- Worked on different Problem Statements that depends upon business logic that includes PLSQL Procedures, SQL queries with performance tuning.
- Managed Partitioning in Oracle databases.
- Support to Development and QA teams for new releases and application patches.
- Database support to client DBAs for database releases.
Environment: & Tools: Oracle 11g/10g, Sun Solaris 10/11, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Explain Plan, AWR, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Metalink, PL/SQL, Data Pump, TOAD, SQL Developer.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Installed & configured Oracle 10g RAC with ASM.
- Major tasks involved overall maintenance of Oracle Database, Performance Tuning, configuring and monitoring Data Guard, Backup & Recoveries and other database related activities.
- Converted physical standby databases to Snapshot standby database for testing scripts.
- Involved in using the Database Veritas Cluster Server 4.0.
- Taking RMAN hot backups on scheduled time and monitoring scheduled RMAN hot backups.
- Implemented and supported GoldenGate replication in production databases.
- Troubleshooting GoldenGate issues such as process abending and lag on replication environments.
- Creating, implementing and Documenting Backup and Recovery strategies and procedures after evaluating various options including RMAN.
- Experienced in PL/SQL and SQL Programming.
- Wrote monitoring shell scripts to check reports for space, Max. Extents, coalescing etc which are kept in CRONJOB.
- Monitored the Database by using tools like TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Used SQL*Loader for loading ASCII data & used SQL*PLUS for issuing commands to the backend.
- Optimized INIT.ORA parameters like DB block size, shared pool and rollback segments.
- Transferred data using Export/Import utility.
- Performed Physical and Logical design of databases.
- Added and removed users with authentication and time restrictions.
- Developed strategy for Backup Routines and Recovery Procedures.
- Involved in system administrator tasks like creation of users, file systems, volume groups and logical volumes etc.
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking rights as per requirements.
- Day-to-Day activities in Creation and maintenance of database are handled.
- Storage and Space management including tablespaces and data files. Management of tablespace growth, monitoring data files additions, extent growth.
- Constantly monitor the performance like V$ dynamic performance views at peak load, of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Defined backup procedures using daily and weekly backups.
- Creating Databases and all database objects. Database Designing (Designing of Tablespaces and Rollback Segments).
- Created tables, indexes, back-end triggers stored procedures and functions.
Environment: & Tools: Oracle 10g, 9i, RAC, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, HP - UX, Grid Control, Explain Plan, Tkprof, SQL*LOADER, KORN SCRIPTING, PL/SQL, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS).
- Installed Oracle 9i databases on AIX servers.
- Wrote control files for SQL loader to load data into data warehouse.
- Provided database related services to their development and QA environments.
- Was actively involved in constant site enhancements along with developers - code and data push between different servers and testing and moving to production.
- Data exports from production and staging databases.
- Wrote SQL scripts for DB monitoring, and online backups.
- Implemented database related security measures that proved very effective.
- Backup and recovery using Cold & Hot and export methods.
- Developed database functions and procedures by using PL/SQL.
- Automated a number of database related jobs.
Environment: & Tools: IBM AIX 4.3, Oracle 9i, Pro*C, RMAN, Statspack, TKPROF, Explain Plan, SQL Forms, UNIX Shell scripting