- 8 years of experienced managing Oracle database
- Build and managed standalone and RAC databases
- Administered 10g, 11g and 12c Databases.
- Used 12c and 13c cloud control.
- Build RAC Clusters
- Applied Oracle Quarterly Patches
- Build Disaster Recovery site using Oracle Data Guard.
- Migrated standalone to X5 Exadata RAC.
- Performed Silent installation on Exadata.
- Applied patches on computer nodes, Exadata home and storage cells.
- Migrated database to ASM
- Possess SQL Server 2008/2012 Database Administration skills.
- Worked on Windows, Solaris, AIX and Linux OS.
- Build and maintained 12c Multitenant Environment.
- Worked on many performance related task to get the best performance fetching data.
- Migrated databases to AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Build Windows and Unix Machines using EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) on AWS.
- Build new Linux VPS (Virtual Private Server) on AWS
- Worked on different EC2 instance types with EBS (Elastic Block Store) AWS storage.
- Created new VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) for ec2 instances.
- Used AMI (Amazon Machine Images) when creating new ec2 instances
- Performance Tuning: Tuned various large critical OLAP and OLTP databases of Tera bytes size using various tools like STATSPACK, AWR, SQL Trace, tkprof, ADDM and Explain Plan Methods.
- Managed different sizes of database ranging from 100 GB to over 3 TB.
- Experience in on - call support and 24x7 DBA for production environment.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g to 12c.
- Written shell script to automate tasks.
- Worked with onshore/offshore team model.
- Restored, recovered and clone databases using RMAN.
- Used SQL Developer, TOAD and terminals to manage database tasks.
- Used Data Pump to refresh database objects.
- Working knowledge of GoldenGate replication
- Build uni-directional replication using oracle GoldenGate.
- Proficient in writing UNIX Shell scripts to automate business process and daily backup.
- Experience in Application tuning using session trace file and TKPROF utility.
- Created and managed remote server for Materialize Views
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS - including SQL, PL/SQL and all areas of database Administration.
- Comfortable with both command-line and GUI interface.
- Extensive knowledge in data dictionary and writing SQL.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting cluster related issues.
- Worked on Materialize Views.
- Worked on Oracle TDE and oracle wallets.
Oracle: 10g, 11g, 12c DBA with AWSRAC, Data: Guard, AIX, Linux, SolarisWindows:, Exadata, ASM, Migration
Upgrade:, SQL Tracing, Performance tuning
Instance: tuning, Data Pump, GoldenGate, Flash
Cache:, Patching, Oracle TDE, SQL Server 2008 / 2012.
Roles & Responsibilities includes:
- Build new servers on AWS
- Migrated databases to AWS
- Build new EC2 windows/Linux instances.
- Build RAC Clusters.
- Build Data Guard Servers.
- Worked on project plans.
- Supported multiple clients.
- Used many tools like ASH, AWR and ADDM to check performance of databases.
- Written shell scripts to monitor databases.
- Configured Alerts in 13c cloud control
- Migrated standalone databases to Exadata X5
- Created User accounts, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Performed schema and table refreshes from production using export import and data pump
- Responsible for new Installations of 11g R2 Oracle RAC, ASM on RHEL.
- Worked on databases on Windows, Solaris and AIX.
- Applied PSU and CPU patches.
- Plan for new Servers/RAC Databases to host databases that are as big as 800 Terabytes in size.
- Created Users/Roles, granted/revoked Permissions/Roles,
- Using Data Pump to copy data across different platform.
- Database backup using RMAN for HOT backup and through scripts for COLD backup.
- Database Backup, Database Restore and Database Recovery using various tools
- Database Reorganizations for better space management
- Performed Database Refreshes using Data Pump
- Installed, Migrated, configured and tested Oracle 11g databases in various environments.
- Worked on Active-Active Data Guard.
- Worked on Oracle TDE
- Worked with Oracle Wallet
- Worked with Oracle VPD
- Worked with Oracle support to resolve issues.
- Applied FGA (Fine Grain Auditing) and audit users and database objects.
- Worked with developers to prepare, grants and roles.
- Worked with users to troubleshoot connection issues.
- Managed Standby with Data Broker.
- Install and configure Oracle GoldenGate
- Configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues
- Primary DBA for 1GB - 2.5TB database for 24/7 support.
- Upgrade Data warehouse Database from 8K block size to 32K block size to optimize performance.
- Worked on OLTP and Data warehouse farms.
- Refreshed multiple databases for Development and Testing upon short request.
- Actively involved in designing/Testing of Disaster Crash recovery.
- Created and maintain users, roles and privileges.
- Perform Backup and Recovery thru RMAN.
- Applied Quarterly CPU (CRITICAL PATCH UPDATES) on the entire database farm.
- Performed Export/Import through Data Pump.
- Provided technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Implemented basic replication through Materialized Views.
- Initiated cronjobs to review alert logs and dump files to check for any ORA- errors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supported more than 30 databases including development/production sizes up to 5 TB for 24/7.
- Designed, Installed and configured the Oracle server software and related products. Upgraded 30+ databases from 188.8.131.52 to 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3 to 11gR1/R2 on RHEL and AIX.
- Completely build RAC from scratch including OS and RAID configuration.
- Scheduled meetings with application team for database migration review to gather legacy information such as type of application, database options, current oracle configuration, capacity and oracle outstanding tasks.
- Developed, revised and implemented policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environments.
- Ensure databases adhere to corporate standards and policies. Worked with application team, developers, change management team and DBA team to ensure smooth life cycle progress from development through testing and production implementation.
- Monitoring and maintaining 2/3 node RAC database on Red Hat Linux. Providing support to the development team and handling release schedules.
- Maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using RMAN. Monitoring the scheduled backup procedures for daily basis using crontab.
- Database refreshes using export /import and data pump. Used RDA, ADDM and AWR reports to monitor the database performance.
- Implemented SQL outline to get the better execution plan for the offending queries. Setting up analyzing scripts and coordinated with development team to gather table statistics.
- Perform Database Tuning & Performance, Storage Management, Plan growth and changes (capacity planning), Database Monitoring, Security Management and Tuning SQL queries.
- Day to Day General Administration Tablespace Management, Undo Management, Managing Users, Resources, Managing User Privileges and Roles.
Confidential, Glen Ellyn, IL
Jr. Oracle DBA
Role & Responsibilities:
- Installed Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Written SQL
- Helped in deployments
- Installed OEM
- Installed 10g Grid Control
- Installed 10g Grid Control Agents
- Create and maintain multiple databases.
- Schedule backup in 11g using db console, Grid control
- Written Bash scripts
- Constant monitoring of database space and space management
- Set up data guard environment
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts and passwords, monitoring application security
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, allocated quotas to user and managed disk space
- Help developers writing database triggers, packages, procedures, functions, utilities for application development.
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump.