- Around 7 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, providing 24x7 production support of both development and production 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i databases on different Platforms including Unix /Linux, Solaris,AIX and Windows.
- Experienced in setting up and administering both Oracle 10g and 11g R1/R2 RAC cluster ware and instances.
- Experienced in setting up 10g/11g Data Guard Physical/Logical standby, and hands on experience with 11g Data Guard new features like Active Data Guard and Snapshot standby.
- Proficient in regular Database Administration activities such as Upgrades, Migration, Patches, TAR support, Cloning, Backups and Recovery, Performance Tuning, capacity planning, script development, and documentation.
- Proficient in using 10g features Flash - Back Recovery, Data Pump, AWR, ASM, ASH, Recycle Bin, 10g Grid Monitoring
- Experience in schema management, Table space, data file and extent management, as well as user and privilege management
- Created and modified Database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages.
- Planned and implemented DR & high availability solutions using Oracle RAC and Standby Database
- Proficient in taking backups using cold, hot and RMAN backups and also tested different recovery procedures also Cloning/Refresh
- Installation, configuration, Designing & Administration of ORACLE Database Vault
- Supported Oracle 9i/10g/11g databases in different environments like HP-UNIX, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows.
- Logical & Physical database design, Capacity Planning and benchmarking
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests with Oracle support.
- Good Programming Skills in SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Result oriented, self-motivated, Team player, ability to work independently.
- Creating the Private and Public database link across the servers.
- Providing 24/7 production support for critical production databases.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Analytical and Systematic thinking ability with a goal and solution oriented approach.
- Knowledge of EXADATA systems.
Operating System: Red Hat Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, RAC 10g/11g Ms Access, MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000Languages: SQL, PLSQL, Java, C, C++, XML, HTML, ASP.NET, C#, UNIX shell scripting.
Web Servers: Apache, Web logic
Tools: and Utilities(ORACLE): Import/Export, Data pump, SQL * Loader, SQL Trace, OEM, Explain Plan, STATSPACK, AWR, ASH, ADDM, RMAN, FTP, TKPROF, GoldenGate, Streams, Data Guard, AutoSYS,Netbackup
Other Tools: ERWIN, DB Visualizer, Microsoft Visio, Use cases, SQL Developer, VM ware, Filezilla, Putty/Kitty, TOAD, Query Builder, VNC, WINSCP.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Supported more than 1500 databases for more than 289 production servers for 24/7 support.
- Upgraded 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c and applied latest PSU every quarter.
- Installed and configured new Quarterly ORACLE HOMES for the 10g and 11g versioned servers.
- Primary DBA for all databases in DEV/TEST/PRODUCTION on 11g and 12c (Agents and Databases monitoring).
- Handled individual project for ASM (Automatic Storage Management) migration in every 2 months for Linux servers.
- Handled as a Primary DBA on Quarterly Patches for Linux, HP-UX and AIX operating systems, assigning making schedules and delivering the results to end client.
- Application on-boarded process handled as a primary DBA, new applications requirement gathering from application team and then updating in a SharePoint.
- Supported the upgrade of RHEL and Hard work are diagnostics on various servers.
- Worked in all shifts and 5 days SNAP (production maintenance) at the maximum handovers.
- Documented all the incidents and presented in a form of report.
- Conducting meeting as a host on various occasions, preparing RCA (root cause analysis) as shift coordinator for several months. Installation, configuration and administrating Oracle Golden Gate replication between Oracle databases.
- Supported the agent patching for 12c server transformations.
- Regular work on 12c OEM for Monitoring the system databases and applications for availability and maintenance.
- Conducting shift weekly team meetings and involved in giving sessions on topics to the new folks, trained new team members in the team including 12c upgrade and monitoring support in OEM cloud control.
- Experience in ITIL with Incident tracker maintenance and SLA agreement following.
- Making sure the backups and file system usage is up to date.
- ASM is enabled and auto rebalancing is on.
- Supported the quarterly reboots for multiple servers and involved in Data guard home relinking as well as RAC Relinking.
- Prepared the document for applying quarterly UNIX patch over several databases.
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, all ted quotas to user and managed disk space
- Help developers writing database triggers, packages, procedures, functions, utilities for application development.
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump.
- Installed Patch for 18.104.22.168 and moved ASM to newer homes.
- Installed the fresh homes for 22.214.171.124 on Linux servers.
- Supported SAN Migration and ASM migration, allotted new candidate disks.
- Environment: Export Import, RAC, Data Guard, ASM, Golden Gate, Upgrade, Migrate, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Instance Tuning, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 and 2012, MSSQL, RHEL, AIX, HPUX, Windows, TOAD, Grid Control, RMAN, Troubleshooting Skill. Grid Control, Cloud Control 12c, OEM 12c, GRID Infrastructure, SQL Server Business Intelligence 2008.
Confidential, Skokie, IL
- Responsible for designing the Oracle Database & Schemas.
- Responsible for migration, up gradation from oracle 8i to 9i and from 9i to 10g on Windows 2000/Unix environment.
- Designed and Installed the Oracle 8i, 9i database.
- Responsible for pre-install analysis, activities, and installation of 9i/10g software on server and clients and post-install testing and analysis.
- 24 X 7 Production Support. Responsible for Backup & Recovery for Oracle Databases.
- Responsible for all post-migration analysis and tuning.
- Responsible for Logical/HOT/Cold backup of Oracle Databases.
- Installed and configured Oracle Dataguard on standby servers to online transfer and apply archived log files to keep standby server in sync with primary database.
- Installed & Configured Veritas Net Backup for Oracle on UNIX.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of database.
- User creation and implemented Security administration by creating roles, views and granting the necessary system and object privileges for users. Performed migration of database from 10gR2 to 11g using Golden Gate and oracle provided data load tools like exp and imp.
- Generated and analyzed STATSPACK reports and monitoring statistics for performance tuning of the database.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Creation of table spaces, tables, views and indexes.
- Implemented ARCHIVE LOG Process and procedures for automatic copying files to development server as they generated.
- Supported and developed the efforts of migrating a large CRM multi-tired application and architecture from DB2 to Oracle's environment.
- Created Locally Managed table spaces for better space management and less fragmentation of data.
- Interacted with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored procedures, triggers and problems related to the privileges & resources.
- Table partitioning as per database requirement.
- Managing of Table space for different user by granting quota on Default & Temporary Table spaces.
- Taking Backup & Recovery of Database Using Logical (Export & Import) & Physical (Online & Offline) Backup. Responsible for UNIX Shell Scripts for Housekeeping.
- Environment: TOAD, Erwin, Veritas Net backup, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Golden Gate, OEM, RMAN, Windows 2000, UNIX. DB2.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
- Responsible for support and maintenance of very critical 24x7 Production and Development
- Databases in Oracle 126.96.36.199
- Performed Database migration from Oracle 9.2.0. To 10.1.0.3.
- Worked on designing, creation and administration of databases.
- Performed logical and physical tuning, monitored extent growth and fragmentation, audited object creation
- Backup and recovery utilizing RMAN.
- Perform Instance tuning using tools like Stats pack etc.
- Installing patches and upgrades for the database.
- Created and managed both system level and object level roles and privileges for various users. Killing sessions and revoking user privileges and roles.
- Worked on export and import utilities.
- Responsible to see that database backup and recovery strategies are in place, and to coordinate with Network Services and/or Data Center personnel to keep the integrity of the physical system backups.
- Responsible for optimizing data access and performance by tuning indexes.
- Managed the existing databases by applying new required release modification to existing database structure and applied new Oracle patches as required.
- Environment: SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, Oracle 9i/10g, LINUX, HP-UX, Solaris 9, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- 24x7 production support for several mission critical systems which utilize multiple Oracle databases.
- Installation of Oracle 11g RAC Databases includes CRS and Applying Patches.
- Upgrading databases to Oracle 11g from Oracle 10g and 9i.
- System Study & Analysis, Design &Development.
- Created users and roles.
- Used shell scripting for automation of job.
- Migrated databases from Unix to Linux
- Creating and managing the database objects such as tables, indexes and views.
- Manage users, privileges, profiles, schemas using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Installation of ASM into various storage parameters like SAN and NAS.
- Oracle Database capacity planning, space management, storage allocation
- Managed the flashback space and performed recovery of dropped tables and data using flashback recovery
- Set up, configuration and maintenance of Standby Databases for disaster recovery, high availability and data protection.
- Monitoring of tablespaces, indexes, memory and logfiles.
- Monitoring of Listener and TNS names.ora files and storage space for better performance
- Data Refresh in Test and Integration Databases using Transportable Table spaces.
- Worked on Data Replication using Materialized views, Snapshot, Streams.
- Worked on import/export, export datapump/import datapump and SQL- loader.
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures. Implemented Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans.
- Setup backup and recovery procedures using RMAN.
- Migrated from non-ASM instance to ASM instance.
- Configured Streams to capture propagate; apply changes in multiple databases.
- Performed Database and SQL tuning by using various Tools like Statspack, TKPROF, Explain plan, AWR and ADDR.
- Written SQL, PL/SQL programs such as functions, procedures, packages and triggers.
- Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, RAC, Red hat Linux 4.X, DB2, Solaris 10, Toad, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, ODBC, ASM, OLTP, Telnet, Flashback, OEM Grid Control
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Database Planning and Designing which involves deciding about Logical Storage Structures and Forecasting Future Expansions
- Configuring database with suitable block size, multiple pools and storage parameters for best performance.
- Upgrade from Oracle 10g to 11g
- Create, maintain and support Oracle 11g databases and instances
- Automate database administration tasks with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control
- Experience on RAC Installation and Administration on Oracle 10g environment
- Optimizing the SQL's for optimum performance by using TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN & TOAD.
- Logical Backup/Restoration strategy of Export and Import.
- Working with Data guard scenarios relating to physical standby databases like Scenario 1: Creating a Physical Standby Database on the Same System Scenario 2: Creating a Physical Standby Database on a Remote Site Scenario 3: Accommodating Physical Changes in the Primary Database
- Security Administration and Creation of Users, Managing their roles and privileges.
- Control user access and ensure database security through privileges and roles in Oracle 11g
- Hands on experience of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Configuring parameter file to fix sizes of SGA components in conformity to available resources. Tuning OS and resolving I/O and contention issues.
- Developed shell scripts for tracing Oracle errors, free space in the table spaces and free disk space in Archive destination for production database.
- Creation and maintenance of high availability databases using many techniques including Data Guard and standby databases. Shell scripting experience.
- Configured Oracle tools like SQL*Net to access the database from the network.
- Managing Instances, redo log files, Table spaces, Data files, storage structures, rollback segments, Undo segments, Temporary segments, Indexes.
- Implementation of nightly logical backup.
- Assign users appropriate rights and table's access through roles.
- Add, change, and remove users.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Windows 2k, DB2, Linux (Red hat) 7.0, SQL *Loader, SQL*Plus, Export, Import, RMAN, Unix Shell Scripts, Oracle Enterprise Manager.