- Installation and configuration of Oracle Databases.
- Managed oracle 10g, 11g and 12c databases.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of RAC and ASM.
- Database upgrade from 10g to 11g to 12c
- Patching of Oracle grid and oracle database homes
- Database cross platform migration using transportable database and transportable tablespaces methods.
- Build RAC from scratch
- Installed and managed ASM diskgroups.
- Configuration of Data Guard with physical standby for DR.
- Account Management, Responsibility assignment and monitoring/adding users.
- Written Health checks shell scripts.
- Monitor and regular checks for I/O, CPU and memory utilization
- Checking Alert log, Backup - Log and other files.
- Tablespace growth and management
- Implement recommended configuration for high availability.
- Backup management, Hot and Cold backups.
- Recovering database based on scenarios.
- Plan for backup and recovery of the database, along with the backup/recovery team.
- Performing/participating in DR testing
- Participate in business continuity testing.
- Cloning tables from production to Test and Development environment
- Tuning database in prospect of IO balance, adjusting memory parameter based on the server load.
- Worked on oraInventory corruption issue.
- Worked on the issues related to backup.
- Worked on the data guard implementation.
- Involved in the migration projects
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests with Metalink.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in Disaster Recovery setup.
- Rotate on 24/7 on-call support.
- Applied CPU/PSU patches
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Windows.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, Bash shell.
Tools: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, Data Pump, SQL Developer, TOAD, putty
Tuning Tools: ASH, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR
- Oracle DBA in the Database Management Services group which supports and maintains the database infrastructure for Transport Canada, USA and Mexico.
- Build multiple 2-node RAC Clusters.
- Managed 11g and 12c database environments
- Work in conjunction with application DBAs to develop and maintain the application database.
- Setup alerts from 12c cloud control.
- Worked on data center migrations.
- Worked on restores/recoveries using RMAN
- Document procedures in SharePoint.
- Performed root-cause analysis of performance related issues.
- Use of AWR and Statspack tools to diagnose performance.
- Provided Automated Storage Management (ASM) technical assessment document.
- Provided architecture document for the ASM including for Oracle and HP-UX Unix physical and logical layout.
- Implemented Flashback technology as part of oracle high availability.
- Build physical standby data guard on standalone and RAC.
- Worked on ASM configuration and rebalancing issue.
- Upgrade database from Oracle 11g to 12c
- Configuration of security settings for Oracle Financials involved reconfigurations of Oracle roles, users, creation of triggers, procedures, synonyms and table constraints.
- Applied CPU / PSU patches.
- Setup Oracle Data Guard
- Automation of Oracle Restart Configuration for the instances under the ASM configuration, part of the Oracle High Availability Services configuration.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 11R2 client and database.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle Agents connections to Oracles OEM cloud Control.
- Poses strong document skills
- Perform daily database administration as required.
- Applied Quarterly and PSU Patches.
- Worked with offshore team.
- Troubleshoot RAC node hang issues.
- Used RMAN Active Duplicate database to clone database from prod to non-production databases.
- Resolved gaps in physical Standby data guard environment.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Installed of 10g and 11g on UNIX and Windows platform.
- Configuration of OS, Staging of Oracle 10g Software, Backup's
- Daily Health Check Activities
- Regular file systems growth
- Resolving user and network related issues
- Applied patches on TEST, DEV before its go to PROD
- Implementation of Open Database Backups (Hot Backups / Online Backups)
- Implementation of Logical Backups (Export / Import)
- Performed user managed backups and RMAN backups.
- Periodical checks of scheduled Backups
- Implemented Hot Standby Database for fail over situations
- Implemented multiple ARCHIVELOG destinations to archive redo logs to the development server to support immediate database recovery
- Created and altered Oracle Users, Oracle Roles, Granting Privileges and Profiles
- Managing Password Security and Resources
- Conversion of Database in Archive Log / No Archive Log Modes
- Documented on implementation project
- Initiating Backup scripts through
- RMAN, & Cold Backup scripts
- Schedule cronjob
- Support & Maintenance
- Solving Issues (Archive errors, Temp tablespace errors, User password issues, etc)
- Good Communication between "Integration Team", "Data Migration Team", "Development Team", "DBA Team", and end-users
- Database administration, Managing tablespaces, Objects, disk space
- Create and Alter user roles, Granting privileges and profiles
- Managing password security and resources
- Database backups Online backups, Offline backups, & Logical backups (Export / Import using Parameter file, schema level, Full Database)
- Backup strategy maintained Recovery Manager Utility (RMAN) for easier and well-managed recovery procedures, Configured hot standby database for fail over situations.
- Configured multiple ARCHIVELOG destinations to archive redo logs to the development server to support immediate database recovery
- Changed parameter
- Worked on dynamic and static parameter changes.
- Recovered pfile/spfile.