- A seasoned Database Administrator with 17 years of experience in the fields of Oracle database physical design, configuration, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Certified Oracle Professional in version 9i, 11g. Experienced with Oracle 10G, 11gR2 and 12C supporting OLTP and Data warehouse systems up to 30 terabytes in size in all stages of a full life cycle development
- Good experience with SQL and Unix shell scripting
- Utilized Oracle Grid Control 11G / 12C and, Toad for database monitoring and Performance analysis.
- Experienced in Oracle software installation, upgrades and, migrations from 8i/9i/10g and 11g.
- Experienced in patch application on UNIX systems.
- Actively participated in workshops for establishing database standards, procedures and, backup strategy.
- Performed in - depth Oracle Performance Tuning on high volume transaction on very large databases (VLDB).
- Performed several database migrations in relocating data center from one site to another.
- Installed and configured Oracle RAC system and installed oracle 11gR2 RDBMS on a two-nodes and three-nodes RAC architecture on AIX 6.1 utilizing ASM configuration
- Manage, administered databases sitting on RAC and ASM.
- Set up, configured Oracle 11R2g Physical Standby Database utilizing Data Guard and supported that new environment.
- Provided technical support to development teams with code tuning and number of diverse requests and issues.
- Data Center Migration
- Backup and Recovery
- Data guard Implementation / administration
- RAC / ASM Install / administration
- System Performance Tuning
Confidential, Cary, North Carolina
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
- Closely worked with Network administrators and System administrators to set up Real Application Cluster (RAC) from scratch
- Installed Grid Infrastructure and Oracle 12C database software in test and development and production environments and applied latest patch for software compliance.
- Migrated new databases utilizing Datapump and dataguard oracle technologies.
- Worked in troubleshooting arising CRS issues until resolution.
- Raised and resolve Oracle Severity one tickets whenever needed to accommodate software issues encountered.
- Handled various dispatched tickets randomly through our internal tool Service Now.
- Handled day to day database administration duties such as Performance tuning and backups issues in all environments.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr Oracle Database Administrator consultant
- Strictly came on board to perform Data Center migration from Morgan Falls to T5 new data center in Alpharetta, while other team members are focusing on handling day to day dba activities.
- Performed 12C software install and applied latest patch for software compliance in Development, QA and production environments for 21 databases all together.
- Created new databases duplicated from existing source systems to be migrated with minimal downtime utilizing Datapump and dataguard oracle technologies.
- Assisted other team members troubleshooting arising clusterware issues randomly until successful resolution.
- Helped tune Poorly behaving queries with available oracle features until in accordance to service level agreement.
- Lastly successfully performed datacenter database migration utilizing Lift and ship approach.
- Also performed Disaster recovery simulation for dataguard quality validation.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr Oracle Database Analyst Contractor
- Part of a team of nine Database Administrators on shifts basis, duties are: supporting various systems running Oracle RAC/ASM architecture on 11gR2 and 12C.
- Assigned Primary DBA role and responsibilities of 36 databases in a full life cycle development.
- Performing Releases staging and deployment via established procedures while closely following guidelines to ensure data security and system availability.
- Performing scheduled upgrades from oracle 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 to Oracle 12C running Linux.
- Applied patches on Windows servers to upgrade databases from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 on 6 systems.
- Performed database migration 11G to 12C, from 3G to 4G network from AIX to Linux.
- Performed 12C software install/patching and database creation, including users set up with necessary privileges, on demand for new/existing customers.
- Overseeing all aspects related to Day to day DBA activities including but not limited to Rman backups, System Performance Tuning, database refresh, applying patches and handling on-call rotation.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr Oracle Database Operations Support Contractor
- Straight Production support DBA in a team of 8 Senior Database administrators, my duties are as follow: in charge of the ticketing Queue; assigning ownership of tickets to peers, owning and resolving tickets of all nature randomly.
- Performed database migrations in an effort to consolidate databases from out of lease servers into one superdome server.
- Performed standalone database conversion into Real Application Cluster (RAC) architecture
- Performed across board database upgrades from 11.2.0.x to 184.108.40.206.
- Resolved Priority one tickets related to performance bottleneck as well as unplanned outages.
- Performed Database and schema refresh on demand.
- Provide consultation to application development teams on DBMS product technical issues and techniques
- Provide on-call support for databases 7 X 24.
- Responsible for database performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems.
- Coordinate downtime with application development teams and system engineers.
Confidential, Monroe, LA
Sr Oracle Database Analyst
- 50% production support / 50% development projects.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise databases based on business area requirements. Identify, define, and implement database backup/recovery and security strategies.
- Install and support DBMS (Database Management Systems)
- Perform various database activities which include monitoring, tuning, capacity planning and troubleshooting
- Translate a logical data model or user specifications into a physical design.
- Ensure the detailed physical design of data structures and database complies with enterprise standards, guidelines, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Handle a flow of various nature of incident ticket including (space management, backup/export failure, database performance Tuning and users' connectivity)
- Performed scheduled upgrades from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- Applied quarterly security patches on Exadata/RAC environments.
- Performed data replication and general administration of Golden Gate
- Handled on-call rotation in a 8 team members.
- Build release notes and, release deployment for projects.
- Performed data copy from prod to test/uat environments
- Enrolled new users with applicable privileges
- Debugged long running queries and resolved various users' issues.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr Oracle DBA Consultant
- Successfully installed Oracle Real Application Cluster including; Grid insfrastructure (Clusterware and ASM) and Oracle rdbms software on a 3 nodes RAC architecture in development, UAT d Production running oracle 22.214.171.124 version.
- In coordination with application developers, designed Roles and privileges pertaining to business requirements
- Built brain new databases, set up users and privileges accordingly
- Loaded entire databases with data from legacy systems into development, testing and Production areas utilizing Data Pump. followed established procedures to protect corporate data resources against unauthorized access or accidental loss
- Concurrently maintaining three existing 4-node RAC application systems with day to day DBA tasks.
- Table reorganization to reclaim unused space and other various requests from Application developers.
- Also performed upgrade in four (4)lower level environments of Oracle 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
- Straight production support in a 24/7 two-nodes RAC environments running Oracle 11gR2 with large databases.
- Documented and executed steps in support of different planned production maintenance.
- Utilized OEM for performance Tuning analysis and handled in a timely basis all generated alerts randomly.
- Scrubbed alert log for error detection and took immediate action accordingly.
- Managed space growth at tablespace and disk level in a multi terabytes ASM environment.
- Analyzed and helped speeding up long running queries.
- Generated and Analyzed AWR and ADDM report for system performance enhancement.
- Effectively communicate and assisted offshore application developers with various requests.
- Handled numerous tickets generated by Service Manager .
- Migrated new releases from QA to production.
- Applied several quarterly security patches as well as bug fix patches.
- Performed database migrations to move American Express entire data Center from Phoenix, AZ to the newly built one in Greensboro, NC
- Monitored Rman backups and corrected issues
Confidential, St louis, MO
Full Time Oracle DBA
- As part of a team of nine(9) DBA's, I am mainly in charge of full life cycle support of a 3tb data warehouse running Oracle 11gR2 on a RAC system built on ASM storage on an ultimate fast paced environment.
- Upgraded Grid agent from 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5 on 4 servers
- Installed Oracle 11gR2, Upgraded Oracle 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206 on RAC and loaded data accordingly.
- Managed RAC environment dealing with Services and cluster issues.
- Performed several full/partial schemas refresh from production to test or development environments.
- Migrated numerous releases from Development to Test and to Production in a timely manner, through scheduled releases.
- Performed 11gR2 software Install and, configured it as a RAC architecture with ASM storage.
- Administered ASM storage by adding disks when needed and rebalancing disk groupsAnalyzed system overall performance behavior via AWR/ADDM and implemented corrective action
- Tuned numerous poorly behaving sql queries for optimal results.
- Applying in a daily basis numerous releases in QA and migrate them onto production environments.
- Performing bi-weekly database refresh of QA and staging databases with production data.
- Enrolled users and managed security within the database.
- Supporting Application developers with various issues, connectivity and performance.
- Performed Weekly export backup on a Sql Server database.
- Installed/configured GridControl 10.2.0.3 on linux x86 64
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Oracle DBA Contractor
- Performed all aspects of Database administration:
- Migrating new releases from testing to production database.
- Checking alert logs and resolving detected issues.
- Reviewing detailed requirements from requestors.
- Activated table monitoring on production boxes to collect statistics using DBMS Stats thus reducing the maintenance window time-frame.
- Analyzed slow-running queries, using the execution plan and recommending solutions for faster run.
- Reviewed and resized redo logs wherever possible to reduce redo log space requests and ensuring mirroring of members.
- Managed and administrated Oracle 10g RAC database on Linux.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i databases to version 10g release 2.
- Refreshed test databases with production data using manual cloning procedure or export/import.
- Performed database Migration for thirteen databases moved from different locations overseas to be consolidated to Atlanta based data center using cloning technique.
- Applied Security patches on 9i and 10g database systems
- Provided 24/7 on-call rotation support for all systems.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr Oracle DBA
- Straight production support DBA, responsible for proactive/reactive database maintenance and, break fixes
- Correcting space usage. Analyzing researching and fixing reoccurring errors found
- In the alert log file; Correcting failing backups jobs;
- Responding to hot calls for various and diversified problems; Handling of conference calls and resolution of hot issues related to flight scheduling;
- Tuning the instance and application codes for better performance
- Refreshed databases for testing purposes
- Administered, maintained Dataguard and troubleshot uprising issues.
- Performed various full and partial cross platform recovery testing using RMAN.
- Partnered with development team in designing, developing and testing materialized views.
- Deciding on disk Raid configuration, and designing the file system layout on a SAN storage environment.
- Reviewed and executed the migration process to move data structure from flexible test environments into secured production operations.
- Applied oracle 220.127.116.11 patch on 12 databases.
- Converted the cold backup to an online backup.