- 10 plus years of experience in Information Technology as Oracle Database Administrator and knowledge in Systems Analysis and Design, Development and Documentation at various levels.
- Strong Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, UAT, Implementation and Post Production support.
- Conducted workshops to gather user requirements and performed Gap Analysis and translate them to technical requirements.
- Performed Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c software and database installation and upgraded various versions.
- Experience in Implementing Refresh Activities through Traditional Import and Export and Data Pump utilities.
- Designed strategies for performing database backups and recovery using RMAN.
- Experience in loading data from flat files using external tables, SQL*Loader.
- Experience with Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, Migrations, Administration and Patching (CPU/PSU) of Oracle Databases 10g/11g and Oracle Applications.
- Extensive Performance Tuning experience, specializing in Operating system tuning, SQL tuning, Database/Instance tuning.
- Experience in Database performance tuning using AWR, ASH, ADDM, Statspack, TKPROF, SQL Trace, and Explain Plan.
- Worked with Oracle Databases (12c/11g/10g/9i/8i), ASM, RAC and Data Guard on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms.
- Experience with Standby Database, DataGuard, Replication Active Database.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate installation configuration and maintenance.
- Good Knowledge in Data Modeling tools like Erwin.
- Experience in Implementing and configuring OEM, TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Experience in maintaining Database Security using auditing.
- Experience PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedure, Trigger, Function.
- Result oriented, self - motivated, Team player, ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to function successfully in a highly stressful, 24x7 mission critical environment.
- Strong analytical problem solving and good communication skills with ability to work within team environment and independently when needed.
- As part of the Architecture team OBIEE Installation, Configuration and Administrative.
- MongoDB Database online training from MongoDB University.
- Flexible in 24x7 production oracle database support.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Solaris 5.8/5.9/5.10, IBM AIX 5.2/5.3, HP UX 10.2/11.10/11.20, LINUX, Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8, Oracle 11g/10g Real Application Cluster (RAC), SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2
Tools: /Utilities: RAC, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Loader, ASM, Export/Import, RMAN, TOAD, Patch Management, SQLNET, ODBC, Export/Import, Data pump, Data Guard, Putty, VMware, CronTab, Erwin, MS Visio.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR,EM,ASH
Application Servers: BEA Web logic, IBM Web Sphere
Language: UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, Java
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Oracle Database Analyst
- Performed DBA activities for Oracle 10g/11g/12c, Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, AIX and Windows servers.
- Performed Performance tuning though AWR, ADDM, SQL tuning Advisor, SQL profiler and Plan Baseline Management and generated SQL Plan though Explain Plan, SQL Trace and AWR.
- Performed Performance Tuning task on SGA and database level and suggestion different better plan.
- Performed different refresh activities through Data Pump.
- Performed different recovery strategies on production support.
- Used Transportable tablespaces (TTS) for moving large volumes of data between Oracle databases.
- Management of schemas, objects partitioning the tables & indexes.
- Created transaction lag strategy & management on Physical standby Data Guard.
- Provided technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Helped the Production teams in Applications Performance Tuning and providing 24*7 Production Support.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Database Administrator with experience on Unix, AIX and Windows platforms for Oracle (11g, 12c).
- Provided support to ecommerce databases.
- Performed Different Upgrade and Migration task from 11G release one and two to 12c release one.
- Refresh databases using export import and Data Pump.
- Performed Installation and Upgrade using scripting method as well as silent method.
- Performed different Cloning activities though RMAN duplicate and RMAN Backup.
- Implement Different Recovery task in production support.
- Build many 2 node RAC clusters.
- Excellent knowledge of 11g RAC srvctl, crsctl, ocrdump, ocrcheck and ocrconfig utilities.
- Performed converting single node instance to RAC and Adding instance to the existing RAC.
- Worked with Developers, Application, storage, OS and network teams on projects.
- Planned and Implemented Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability using RAC, and Data Guard.
- Build Physical Standby Data Guard for Disaster Recovery project.
- Build Active Data Guard for Business Reporting applications.
- Managed databases from command line, TOAD, SQL Developer and OEM.
- Resolved various performance tuning scenarios using SQL profiler and Plan Baseline Management.
- Performed various tasks on ASM, creating a disk group, adding a disk to disk group, making disk online and offline and troubleshooting issues in ASM environment.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Oracle Database Administrator II
- Installed, administered and maintained Oracle 11gR2 and 12c databases as per the requirement of the Application/Business.
- Led the creation and maintenance of various database environments Test, Dev. and Production system.
- Performed schema refreshes from production to development databases.
- User Management involving administration & provisioning of roles, privileges and profiles.
- Designed sound backup strategy by implementing daily incremental/archive backups followed by weekly full backups.
- Manage 3 Node 11R1 RAC databases on RHEL 6.x.
- Provide project support involving Architecture reviews, product implementation, capacity planning, schema builds, user provisioning, security implementation, backup strategy.
- Creating and managing application schemas including Tables, Indexes, Views and Materialized Views.
- Managed High availability of the database using Oracle Golden Gate Replication.
- Managed different OGG processes like Extract, Pump Replicate and parameter file Local Trail and Remote Trail file as well as Global.
- Troubleshoot lag during replication issues.
- Performed critical data-sync ups between PROD-primary and PROD-DR.
- Proficient in maintaining Database Security using auditing.
- Review & recommend suggestions based on analysis of AWR, ASH reports for performance issues.
- Provide on call support on rotation basis.
Oracle DBA/Data Analyst
- Worked with Oracle Databases (11g/10g/9i) on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms.
- Part of the Data Architecture team, which supports development, test and production databases.
- Perform root cause analysis on failures.
- Tracing, troubleshooting with database performance and tuning issues.
- Monitor and fully analyze performance issues in production Oracle databases by using, Explain Plan, Auto Trace, SQL Trace and TKPROF tools.
- Work actively on Performance tuning such as AWR, ADDM, and ASH, performance statistics collection, and fine-tuning database wait events.
- Designing the security and database access strategies.
- Used TOAD, SQL Developer and dynamic view along with dictionary tables to maintained database
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges to users.
- Involved in OBIEE upgrade to OBIEE 11g and reporting.
- 24/7 on-call supports for the production environment.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of multiple premium and core database management technologies, tools and utilities.
- Participated in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of data and/or database management systems.
- Provided technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work
- Escalated issues in a timely manner and provide mitigation recommendations to Data Team Lead and Project Director.
- Upgrade and Migration of Database from 9i to 10g Monitored database log files, data block corruption, segment fragmentation, performance issues, security threats, contention issues (deadlocks, I/O, memory, CPU, etc.)
- Resolved different issue like space management, conducting sizing, capacity planning and security.
- Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
- Upgraded and applied CPU patches and bug fixes as and when required and performed database refresh from Prod to Dev. Troubleshooting Day-to-Day Users Issues in various modules.
- Set up and maintained oracle disaster recovery site using Data Guard.
- Implemented oracle high availability solution using oracle 10g Physical Standby.
- Code review of the development work done by all the development teams.
- Oracle Applications/Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (11.x)/10.x.
- Working as a Forms, Reports, Crystal Reports and PL/SQL programmer and handling all the duties and work assigned to this position efficiently, these duties are as follows:
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Studied and analyzed the business requirements, designed entity relationship diagram using Erwin.
- Designed logical and physical data models for star and snowflake schemas using Erwin.
- Review the data model and designed database tables as per technical specifications
- Wrote sequences for automatic generation of unique keys to support primary and foreign key constraints in data conversions.
- In writing PL/SQL code and debugging for triggers, functions, and procedures and packages in the Oracle 8i/9i Database
- Trouble shooting for the end users requirement and optimizing the Oracle database.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i to 10g software in different environments for latest features and also tested databases.
- Developed and modified triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Designed Data Modeling, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
- Creating indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans and views for hiding the actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints, for Rule based optimization.
- Providing support to team member on daily basis.