- 4 years of experience as an Oracle DBA in Production, Development and Test environments, and transforming business strategies into efficient and integrated global business solutions.
- Experience in Upgrading databases and applied patch sets to multiple databases.
- Expertise in database space management and expertise in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Backup of databases (Making backup schedules depending upon business strategy: Daily Backup, weekly Backup etc.) using RMAN and other backup techniques.
- Recovery of databases (Recovering from media failure, recovering tables dropped accidentally, recovering data files, recovering from block corruption etc.)
- Experience in using OEM grid control, TOAD, and data migrations using export/import.
- Experience in using 10g features data pump, flash - back recovery, AWR, ASM, ADDM, and Grid Monitoring.
- Database performance tuning using Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM, ASH.
- Experience on working with data guard physical standby databases.
- Performance tuning experience, 10g and 11g RAC tuning and Load balancing.
- Expertise in configuration and Installation of RAC on Linux and Solaris using ASM and RAW devices and Oracle CRS.
- Expertise in maintaining Database Security using security compliance auditing, expertise in loading data from flat files using external tables and SQL*LOADER.
- Skilled in dealing with RAIDs on local server (Via RAID card BIOS) in ASM environment such as installation, taking backup, migration of database from Non - ASM to ASM environment.
- Excellent knowledge in hot/cold backup, recovery, cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Excellent Written and verbal Communication skills with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests with Metalink.
Operating systems: Linux, Solaris
Databases: Oracle 11g, 10g (RAC, RAC one node and single instance)
Oracle Database Tools: SQL*Loader, TKPROF, Toad, OEM, SQL Developer, Grid Control
Tools: Export/Import, RMAN, Data Pump, Winscp
Languages: Unix shell scripts, PL/SQL, Perl
Web Tools: HTML and XML, SQL NET, ODBC, TCP/IP
Confidential, Irving, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- Involved in 24x7 supports for production databases.
- Worked with DBA Team of 20 members and 24*7 Support.
- Maintained instances of around 10 TB.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention.
- Performing periodic backups (daily, weekly, and monthly) and created, performed recovery strategies using RMAN utility.
- Taking schema backups using data pump and import.
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, recovering tables dropped accidentally, recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
- Write SQL scripts to monitor table space and extent growth.
- Forecasting and future planning for tables space growth.
- Performance tuning of databases for optimized results using AWR and ADDM reports, stats gathering, creating indexes, optimizer hints and analysis of explain plan.
- Data refresh from Production to development and test environments using data pump utility.
- Development databases, which includes hot backup, cold backup, and export backup.
- Tuning the database performance through ASH/AWR/ADDM report.
- Troubleshooting of Oracle Golden Gate, administration of data replication between different environments
- Experience of working in Database as a service (DBaaS).
- Guiding the application team to understand how the database works with their application.
- Monitoring the day-to-day activities of Production database, monitoring its growth and performance using OEM.
- Extensively used Autosys to schedule Unix shell and Perl script jobs.
- Manage the change control by taking responsibility of tickets and assigning the queue to team members thereby keeping it balanced.
- Play the role of secondary on call DBA to support the escalations from the base level of contact
Environment: 11g, RAC, Sun Solaris, AIX, ASM, GRID, AWR, ADDM, OEM, Data Guard, Golden Gate, RMAN