RDBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g Releases 1 and 2, 12c
Operating Systems: UNIX 4.0, SunOS 5.8, 10, HP - UX, Red Hat, Windows, Linux 6.4
Tools: SQL*PLUS, EM, Grid Control, SQL*Loader, Erwin, RMAN, TOAD, Tracing, StatsPack, Explain-Plan, AWR, Data
Pump: Unix Shell Scripting, RAC, ASM, BI, Weblogic, Data Guar
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Upgrade databases from 11g to 12c by running scripts and prompts in order to help reduce costs and improve functionality and efficiency
- Utilized Oracle RMAN backups to implement hot standby database (Data Guard) for production database
- Setup and successfully performed active failover in the event of production failure
- Create Multitenant Container Database (CDB) enabling management of multiple databases under one instance.
- Manage schema level refreshes by using the traditional export/import and Data Pump to migrate schemas to different databases and servers
- Conduct database tuning such as memory tuning and application tuning using tools like TKPROF, explain plan, ADDM in order to maintain and improve database speeds and eliminate errors
- Excellent Trouble Shooting Skills
- Setting up and testing the Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting.
- Used External Tables to Load data from flat files to database.
- Implemented different Partition methodologies to improve performance and manageability.
- Successfully connected to OID using SSL.
- Subsequent implementation used Oracle Internet Directory (in order to extend the prototype for LDAP user authentication)
- Provided on - call support on 24/7 basis
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Performed backup and recovery by managing quarterly cold backups to maintain a fully backed up database
- Wrote several ad hoc scripts for daily DBA activities such as user creations, granting roles and privileges in order to monitor data access and usability
- Diagnosed performance tuning issues using query optimization, autotrace, SQL Profile to maintain and improve database speeds and eliminate errors
- Executed scripts for informing the DBA's regarding the status, performance and Space Management of the Database for the DBA's to manage spaces
- Created and configured databases by making changes to the Initialization Parameters in the parameter file and dynamically in session to fit the needs of the database
- Upgraded database from 10g to 11g database using various methods, including Database Configuration Assistant, Data Pump, and Command Line to improve memory management and performance tuning
- Intensively used latest 10g Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM) reports for the health check of the databases Created users, roles and granted privileges according to the business requirements.
- Migration of code from development to production instances, database space and file system space monitoring, purging of unwanted data and files.
- Responding immediately to any critical conditions, and proactively to any developing conditions, including: Database locking, Database corruption, Low disk spaces and Performance issues.
- Applied CPU and PSU patches.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Creating and refreshing materialized views, views, synonyms, and indexes.