Database administrator (DBA) with extensive experience designing, coding, testing and supporting next - generation database solutions in Oracle enterprise and SQL Server environments. Proficient in an assortment of technologies, including Oracle 11g, DB2, Windows, Linux, Unix, Microsoft SQL Server 2014, VMware & RAC installation.
Oracle Database Tools: SQL*Loader
Backup Tool: RMAN, Import/Export
RDBMS: 11gR1 & R2
Operating System: Linux, UNIX
Script: Having knowledge of UNIX\Linux shell script
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Served as Jr DBA in the completion of 80+ small to large-scale implementations, managing projects from business requirements analysis to solutions delivery and support.
- Interfaced regularly with Production DBA team to either escalate or de-escalate database issues
- Installed, configured and maintained oracle 11gR1, 11gR2 on Linux and performed Upgradations.
- Provide On-going technical supports to production, development, testing teams.
- Configured and setup the environment on OEM console
- Table space management and data files management.
- Used locally managed table space to improve the performance.
- Managing the space, monitoring the free space etc.
- Managing control file and Redo Log Files.
- Involved in Upgrading and Migration of a Oracle server to higher version available.
- Changing database mode from no archive log mode to archive log mode.
- Performing operations like Creation of Users and Granting Privileges to users.
- Recovery and maintaining the Control files.
- Maintaining Archive logs and their spaces for routine.
- Migrating table spaces from dictionary to locally managed.
- Database backup strategies and recovery scenarios.
- Performing database cloning using hot backup, cold backup and active database using Rman.
- Knowledge in making stand-by-database.
- Expertise in performing Rman Backup in the presence of system failure
- Implemented Temporary table space groups, Default Permanent and Temporary table spaces.
- Good understanding of Oracle Architecture and all types of startups and shutdowns.
- Multiplexing control files, maintaining archive logs and mirroring redo log files.
- Having knowledge on concept of Oracle managed files OMF
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2, OEM, RMAN, Performance -Tuning, Data Guard, Cloning, Export and Import, Data Pump.