- 7 years of DBA Experience
- Administered 10g, 11g and 12c databases.
- Migrated Oracle Database to AWS RDS/EC2
- Installed 12c cloud control.
- Managed databases on Windows, Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Worked on Database Upgrades 10g to 11g to 12c
- Supported production and non - production environments.
- Cloned databases
- Applied CPU, PSU, CRS bundle and one-off patches.
- Written shell scripts.
- Created technical documents.
- Build RAC Clusters
- Build Data Guard.
- Created ASM Disk Groups.
- Managed ASM.
- Worked on Data Center Migration.
- Working knowledge in SQL Server Databases
- Applied CPU and PSU Patches.
- Worked with Oracle Support and applied one-off patches.
- Written shell scripts
- Managed GoldenGate replication
- Managed Materialize Views.
- Used RMAN to backup/restore/recovery scenarios.
- Worked on SQL Tuning
- Worked on analyzing ASH, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Used SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Managed Databases using TOAD / SQL Developer.
- Experience with SQL Trace and tkprof.
- Experience in analyzing explain plan.
- Provided on-call support.
- Experience in Flashback Database and Flash Recovery Area scenarios.
- Refresh database objects using exp/imp and data pump.
- Clone database using RMAN duplicate.
- Provided on-call support.
- Worked with Offshore DBA Team.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g on Amazon Web Services.
OS: Linux, CentOS, AIX, Solaris, Windows
Technologies: AWS EC2, Data Guard, RAC, ASM, GoldenGate, Exadata
Tools: OEM, TOAD, RMAN, SQL Developer
DB Utilities: SQL * Loader, exp/imp, Data Pump, RMAN, tkprof
Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell programming
Shell script: Shell Script (Bourne shell & Korn Shell)
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Supporting Oracle Customers running various versions of Oracle database 11g and 12c
- Build Oracle 12c Multitenant databases on AWS.
- Supported Container and pluggable databases.
- Build multi node RAC Cluster
- Set up Physical Standby Data Guard
- Setup Active Data guard
- Worked on various performances related issues.
- Set up uni-directional Golden Gate for replication.
- Setup the materialize views for replication.
- Worked For the support of Oracle Exadata Systems
- Refreshed database objects using data pump
- Cloned databases using RMAN Duplicate
- Managed databases on Exadata.
- Migrated databases on Exadata Machine.
- Applied PSU patches.
- Refresh tables and schemas using Oracle Data Pump.
- Clone Databases using RMAN Duplicated.
- Build Active Data Guard.
- Resolved gaps in Physical Standby Data Guard.
- Worked with Oracle Support in resolved issues and bugs.
- Assistance to High memory utilization issues in Unix and Windows Platforms
- Provided assistance to Slowness of Data Pump, expand SQL Loader utilities
- Provided assistance to numerous customers in production Database Hung and non-responsive issues
- Has good understanding of analyzing the hang analyze and system state dumps
- Helped on Demand engineers in the dry run for disaster recovery test for On Demand Customer instances.
- Install Oracle supplied tools to assist in database and SQL Tuning like SQLT.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Upgrade/Migration databases from Oracle 10g to 11g R2
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Setting up and testing the backup and recovery strategies.
- Remove unnecessary histograms in highly volatile schemas.
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Performed Security administration tasks, setup users accounts, passwords, roles, profiles and quota
- Monitored data files, logical data storage and data growth activities
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Supported 24/7 on-call pager support for mission critical financial databases.
- Worked with database export & import scripts to backup database structures and automation procedures.
- Analyze ASH and AWR report to troubleshoot performance issues.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 10g and 9i databases.
- Coordinated system support and performance
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements and System Specification from system users.
- Responsible for Analyzing requirements, designing, maintaining and updating data models
- Analyze the current data management procedures in practice and suggest ways for automating the process or improving the existing system.
- Installation of Oracle on Linux and Windows.
- Performed installations of Oracle 8i and Sql server databases.
- Created tables, indexes, table spaces, users, integrity constraints and supported all phases of a development cycle.
- Analyzed and suggest improvements to SQL queries and statements written by others.
- Developed stored procedures to pull the data from the distributed systems.
- Involved in Developing and handling the PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Database Triggers.
- Involved in tuning of SQL queries by using quest central tools and manual by EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Maintaining daily batch cycle and providing 24/7 support.
- Involved in unit testing and integrated testing.
- Involved in preparing the User Test plans.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader to load the data from the flat files to the database and validated the data with the PL/SQL procedures.
- Defined database requirements and designed data model.
- Tuned complex stored procedures for faster execution and developed database structures according to the requirements.
Confidential, Glen Ellyn, IL
Jr. Database Administrator
- Supported Access Databases
- Provided Desktop Support
- Supported in LAN Administration.
- Performed Database installation.
- Written small Shell Scripting
- Networking Connectivity Issues
- Microsoft SharePoint Documentation.
- Build Sheet Maintenance.
- Run Scripts during Deployments
- Used Netca to create connection strings
- Used Confidential to create databases