- Excellent experience in managing large - scale OLTP databases 5+TB size in HA and DR setup.
- Managed 11+ TB Oracle 10g & 11g databases in Data warehousing environment.
- Solid experience in oracle database migration, upgrades, applying patch sets, code reviews, database release and deployments and data center consolidation activities. Proficient with Database Cloning, Migration, and Patching of Oracle Databases.
- Installed Oracle 11g with ASM and OCFS2 File systems.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Experience in doing upgrades including maintenance & monitoring implementation.
- Provide weekly metrics to team lead for documentation on the health of Oracle databases.
- Create user accounts, unlock accounts, grant roles and privileges to users.
- Administer and execute Change Requests(CR) for Oracle Database support
- Executed and implemented user helpdesk tickets of various issues via REMEDY database from creating user accounts, read-only accounts on a database & table down to assisting them with logging into the database. Experienced in using 11g features like 11g RMAN, Data pump Flash-Back Recovery and ASM.
- Knowledge of Database Recovery Techniques and implementation of those recovery techniques to ensure business continuity.
- Expertise in maintaining Database Security using auditing.
- Experience in Data Migrations.
- Highly experienced in performance monitoring/tuning/troubleshooting.
- Oracle Database performance-tuning services with AWR, ADDM, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
- Extensively implemented Datapump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”. Applying patches under UNIX platform.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespaces (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing quick movement of user Tablespaces across Oracle databases.
- Experienced in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
- UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.
Tools: and Utilities: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, Data pump, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer.
RDBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Solaris 10. RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. IBM AIX V6.1
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Oracle Database Administrator
- Designed, developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts to collect and monitor database metrics and AWR snapshots and reports.
- Generating AWR reports to identify the database performance at peak load.
- Tunned SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Profile and ADDM reports
- Setup and utilized 12c Grid Control (OEM) to administer multi-node RAC database also managed redo and undo in the RAC environment. Load balancing of RAC instances.
- Monitored space, wait events, locks and long operations running on the database.
- Monitored session waits for the database performance and resolved performance issues.
- Monitored the database for growth and added space to the table spaces as per demand.
- Implemented scripts to monitor and get information on free space, alert log errors. Provided maintenance of user accounts, privileges, profiles and roles.
- Involved with OLTP relational databases system analysis, design, implementation and management.
- Upgrade/Migration of Databases from Oracle 10g to 11g, Cross platform migration from different platforms.
- Administered (11g RAC) environments adding and removing nodes to the cluster and handled performance tuning using AWR.
- Supported off-hour on call support for database related issues.
- Supported multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Solaris and Windows environments.
- Evaluated mix of backup and recovery methods based on organizational needs. Implemented, tested and documented various backup/recovery scenarios for knowledge base.
- Experienced working on dataguard physical/logical standby databases.
- Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow.
- Applied upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Performed refreshes to Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
- Used Data Pump for export and import. Wrote scripts for Backup of databases, maintenance of archive logs for databases. Streamlined backup procedures and implemented RMAN for backup and disaster recovery.
- Database Refreshing / Replication from production to testing using Exp/Imp.
- Created logical and physical design installed and upgraded databases.
- Wrote UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g/11g RAC, Solaris 10, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Oracle Production Support Database Administrator
- Successfully applied RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using ADDM, AWR, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN. monitored/maintenaned and performed tuning using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Planned and scheduled RMAN backups (hot, cold and incremental backups) Used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g Grid Control for monitoring multiple database and notification of database alerts, and configured EM agents on multiple database servers.
- Took part in the successful installation and maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 22.214.171.124 and Oracle 10.2.0.5 RAC databases. Implemented switchovers on primary and standby databases as a part of planned maintenance activities.
- Implemented Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 10g, 11g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Environment: Oracle 126.96.36.199, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, RHEL 5.5, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.
Confidential, Canton, MI
Junior Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed and configured Oracle database 9i (188.8.131.52), 10g (10.2.0.1) on various OS platforms like HP-UX, Linux, and Windows NT, 2000
- Defined and implemented database backup and security strategies, tested the backups periodically for consistency and reliability
- Identified long-running database queries, refining queries for better performance, and working with end- users to implement changes
- Created primary database objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application
- Worked with Oracle Diagnostics tools such as AWR,ADDM, Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF Used to analyze timing and execution plan for SQL query to tune the SQL statements
- Reorganized data files, identified and eliminated contention factors like I/O, buffers and locks.
- Monitored Customer Databases, physically located in U.S and Remote administration of fifteen Production Databases in UNIX environment
- Performance tuning of application and database, identification and resolution of contention, defining and implementing Backup Recovery policy, and day-to-day monitoring of the Production database
- Worked on the physical and logical designing of the database, which includes the distribution of data- files on different disks
- Controlled and monitored user access to the database. Optimized the performance of the database. Tuned SGA, data dictionary and set database parameters
- Allocated the separate rollback segments for the Batch processing jobs in order to speed up processing
- Reorganized data files, identification and elimination of contention factors like I/O, buffers and locks
Environment: HP-UX, Windows, Oracle 9i, 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL plus, TOAD