- Over 8 years of experience in Information Technology as an Oracle Database Administrator. Holds certification in Oracle Certified Administration 11g.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and dig into the intricate details. Documented and presented demos on features of Real application clusters to the clients.
- Have the zeal to triage complex issues and ability to resolve them quickly and efficiently.
- Profound working knowledge on Oracle RAC, ASM, Platform migration and Performance tuning. Worked on multiple projects across business domains.
- Lead several projects to upgrade Oracle Databases and Oracle Cluster Ready Services to 12c, conversion from NON - RAC to RAC.
- Extensive experience in RAC - Handled activities like New Cluster Build, RAC Node addition, Node Eviction, Single Node to RAC conversion.
- Been a part of engineering team and involved in POCs for choosing right storage solutions for databases and overall database architecture.
- Extensive expertise in setting up and testing in DR Failover, Failback scenarios. Automating application reconfiguration for DR and meeting tight RTO and RPO schedules.
- Proficient in Performance tuning - Been a part of Performance Tuning Team which involved extensive AWR report analysis, Understanding Explain Plans and Query Tuning, Identifying Fragmentation of Tables, Suggesting indexes on type of table and column's cardinality, Creating baselines and Migrating SQL Profiles from one instance to another.
- Experience Handling 12c OEM, Multitenant databases.
- Involved in automating several tasks using shell scripts like:
- HTML Report of Database Health Checklist after new DB builds.
- HTML Report of Database Health Check (24hrs) for pro-active monitoring of critical databases.
- Automating Backup and Refreshes.
- Lead several platform migration projects which involved moving complex E-Business suite application and database from Solaris to Linux. This involved several months and iterations of migration, testing, coordination with various application teams and end to end support post go live.
- Expertise in the creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, roles, users and other database objects.
- Setting up of initialization Parameter file and Server Parameter file.
- Monitoring of Oracle Instances, User, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Redo Logs, Archive Logs and Alertlogs.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN (full and incremental).
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import.
- Database software installations, patch and upgrades.
- Configuration and Management of Data Guard on Linux and Windows.
- Having experience in generating reports like STATSPACK reports, Oracle trace and Audit files, AWR, ADDM analyzing system and database activity, Querying Oracle dynamic performance views.
- Experience in Upgrade and Migration of oracle database to higher version installing patches without/with using Oracle Data Upgrade Assistant (DBUA). Applied Oracle Critical Patch Update (CPU).
Database: Oracle 12c,11g, 10g, 9i
Database Tools: Toad, RMAN, SQLDeveloper, Commvault
Platforms: Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Windows 2000.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
Senior Oracle DBA
- Drived the KT/Primary/Secondary support stages during initial phase of the project.
- Installed Grid/Rdbms binaries and patching on grid/oracle homes.
- Performed upgrades on standalone/cluster from 11g to 12c.
- Converted jfs2 storage to asm storage for the databases which got upgraded from 11g to 12c.
- Worked on streams set up and resolving with as per the issue reported.
- Performed partition activities at table level.
- Did production database restore and recovery from tape backup during DR switch got failed.
- Performed index rebuild as part of performance tuning.
- Configured 12c oracle databases in to OEM.
- Identified block corruption in DR at datafile level and using begin backup method restored/recovered data files from prod
- Involved in database licensing.
- Involved in database estimates.
- Performed tables online re-definition using different partition key.
- Configured resource manager on parallel threads.
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, Grid Control, SQL, Solaris, AIX, Linux, OEM, RAT.
Confidential, Ronkonkoma, New York
Senior Oracle DBA
- Migrate datacenter from Cloud to its own data center. These activities involved understanding the existing architecture, integration points between multiple applications, proposing new architecture and best practices.
- Involved in the infrastructure setup for setting up multiple DCs and DR planning.
- Implementing Backup Strategy using Commvault.
- Planned and Implemented Cascaded Standby DB setup to plan for minimal downtime during cutover.
- CRS Installation and RAC setup.
- Coordinating efforts setting up DR across cloud working with 3rd party vendors and local DC.
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, Grid Control, SQL, Solaris, AIX, Linux, Commvault.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Analyze AWR reports - find out performance bottle necks, identifying problem queries and make appropriate recommendations.
- Tune database and Queries based on wait events.
- Involved in In-depth Query Tuning - Understanding explain plans - Joins, Query Re-writing, using hints, creation of new indexes/modifying existing indexes.
- Work with developers guiding them to write SQLs efficiently.
- Create and manage database maintenance plans and design and implement backup and disaster recovery plans.
Environment: Oracle 10g,11g, 12c, Grid Control, PL/SQL, Solaris, AIX, Linux.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Senior Oracle DBA
- Provide 24X5 Support and maintenance for 25-Oracle Databases (Oracle - 10.2.0.5). Oracle Database sizes range from 60 GB to 100 GB running on Windows and as well as Application support.
- Generating AWR and ADDM reports to identify and resolve database performance problems.
- Performing database refresh on weekly basis using expdp/impdp utility.
- Support Developers troubleshoot their patch deployments in QA & Production & data refreshes using datapump etc.
- Scheduled RMAN and expdp backup scripts in task schedular and monitoring logs to check for backup status and errors. Implementation of Disaster Recovery (DR) using Physical standby Database.
- Performed statement auditing, privilege auditing and schema object auditing.
- Worked on database and operating system audit trails.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, Solaris, Linux, BPEL, Informatica ILM, OEM.
Confidential, Northbrook, Illinois
Senior ORACLE DBA
- Performed Database upgrades to 126.96.36.199(from 8i, 9i, 10gR1 and 10gR2) using DBUA and Manual.
- Performed, prioritized and coordinated all the DBA related activities (clones, application of patches, installations/upgrades), troubleshoot and resolve complex database related problems.
- Reviewed and tuned initialization parameters, memory structures for optimal performance.
- Implemented database refresh with the hot backup using DUPLICATE or full export. Used EXPORT/IMPORT to do table level and full database defragmentation.
- Installation and De installation of oracle software.
- Performed Patching of OPatch, CPU and time zone patches.
- Performed Cloning of oracle binaries.
- Database cloning using Hot and cold backups.
- Handled the database upgrades in the platforms Solaris, Windows and Linux.
- Installing and validating database components like CATPROC, CATALOG, XML, and OLAP.
- Developed or modified some Oracle backup and recovery scripts. Used Oracle backup utility RMAN to implement database backup and restore.
- Documented backup, recovery procedures and Errors
- Experience in all flavors UNIX - AIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris.
- Installing & Upgrading Oracle Clusterware, Converting single instance to RAC.
- Configure Physical standby database including failover and switchover testing.
- Oracle 11g upgrade project with minimum downtime
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate database operation and scheduled tasks.
- Install & Upgrade Grid control.
- Non-ASM to ASM conversion.
- Performed application tuning using Oracle Trace and analyzing the execution plans, tuned the queries by creating proper indexes and modifying the PL/SQL procedures.
- Regular Activities: Patching (Year end and month end activities). Cloning (RAC-RAC, RAC-non RAC) using RMAN.