- 8 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration encompassing Installation, Configuration, Patch Installation, Migration, Upgrades, Backup and Recovery, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modelling, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Grid Control, Oracle Streams Enterprise Manager and GoldenGate on Sun Solaris, Exadata, Red Hat Linux, SAP,ETL tools, HP - UX, AIX, and Windows Platforms
- Experience in Configuring Single instance, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC). Expertise in Installing, configuring and tuning issues in automatic storage management (ASM) and RAC for high availability databases.
- Good Experience in migrating Databases from Solaris, AIX Oracle 10g/11g to Linux Oracle 12c
- Implementation of high availability solutions with Oracle 11g RAC and 12c RAC, Physical and Logical Standby database(Data Guard) and goldengate
- Created development, testing, staging, production, RAC and standby databases for OLTP, DSS and data Ware-housing.
- Good Experience in implementing Exadata Smart Scan for query processing and data mining scoring to scalable intelligent storage servers.
- Experience on informatica (ETL) development, batch jobs and control M
- Have implemented ORACLE STREAMS and worked on both types of standby databases supported by DATAGUARD (logical standby and physical standby).
- Worked on all kinds of backup operations using RMAN (full database, datafiles, image copies, incremental back upsets, validating), using Flash recovery area, recovery operations (block media, full database, tablespace, datafiles, control files, point in time, validating) and catalog maintenance
- Good Experience in Implementing Oracle Bi-directional and Uni-directional using goldengate
- Good Experince in Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN and schema level refresh using datapump expdp and impdp
- Performed Strategic Planning, Logical and Physical Data Modelling & Application Tuning.
- Experience in Performance Tuning (I/O, Memory & SQL Tuning etc) by using tools/utilities by Automated Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM).
- Experience in working with Grid Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). Grid Control for maintaining many databases together on separate servers.
- Have knowledge in SAP test acceleration & optimization (SAP ATO)
- Good experience in DBA task’s like installation, patching, cloning and upgrade of oracle database
- Good Experience in implementing golden gate and replicating databases using golden gate and implemented unidirectional and Bi-directional replication on oracle databases
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, functions, packages, UNIX- Shell Scripting, Indexes, Logical and Physical database design to implement the business logic.
- Solution with strategic disaster recovery plans with different recovery procedures and methods.
- Experience in migration of oracle database to higher version and installing patches.
- Exporting and Importing of dumps using expdp and impdp
- Experience in applying CPU and PSU patches/patch sets to the databases.
- GoodExperienceincreating AWS clouddatabasesOracleRDS,MySQLRDSinstancesandmigratingdatabasestocloudbasesarchitecture.
- Experience on handling very large database (vldb).
- Expertise in PL/SQL, SQL and UNIX Scripting (Used to write UNIX Scripts & implemented by Using CRONJOB for Day - to - Day activities).
- SQL statement tuning using Explain Plans, SQL Trace using TKPROF utility and AUTOTRACE utility. 10g, 11g and 12c OEM Grid monitoring custom scripts troubleshooting oracle databases using sql trace utilities.
- Data loading using SQL*LOADER, Logical backups using full export and DATAPUMP.
- Good coordinator, understanding and presentation skills with all work departments. Work as the subject matter in the matter of performance issues, reorganization, auditing the required down times and the effect on the business application between the developers, system administration and the end clients.
- Experience as On-Call 24x7 production DBA support.
Operating systems: LINUX, SOLARIS, MS-DOS, NT, Windows 95/98/XP/7/2000, Windows
Databases: Oracle 12c, 11gR2, 10gR2 RAC, 9i, 8i, SQL Server 2005.
Oracle Database Tools: Golden gate, SQL*Loader, TKPROF, Toad, OEM, SQL Developer, Grid Control, ASM, SQL server RMAN, TOAD, EXPORT/IMPORT, Data Pump, Data guard, Cron tab.
Tools: Export/Import, RMAN, Data Pump, ERWIN, ETL, Control M
Languages: C, C++, UNIX shell scripts, PL/SQL, perl
Web Tools: HTML and XML, SQL NET, ODBC, TCP/IP
Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked on 600+ databases on different Oracle versions 10g/11g and 12c of Oracle databases on RHEL, Solaris and AIX
- Involved in installation and maintenance of oracle 11g and 12c databases.
- Performing various tasks like Administering RAC using SRVCTL, adding nodes and instances, Administering Storage Components, Parameter Management, and Configuring High Availability Features for RAC.
- Experience in monitoring SQL performance through TOAD and OEM, AWR and ASH reports, comparing execution plans of complex parallel statements, gathering statistics of large sub-partitioned tables, identifying schema object locks and resource contentions in RAC.
- Implemented ASM, Migrate Databases from non-ASM file system to ASM file system with normal redundancy and external redundancy.
- Created database links and multiple database instances within an application.
- Using Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Enterprise Manager for various maintenance tasks like backing up of database, restoration and recovery of database .
- Performed upgradation of databases from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 and upgraded grid infrastructure from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 release version
- Applied patches in rolling fashion using O Patch auto and maintained GRID infrastructure and troubleshooting issues in RAC environment
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEX Linux environment and used auto scaling feature.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic signal between different regions
- Worked on Oracle RAC (10g, 11g, 12c) administrations, installation, migrations and upgradations.
- Worked on 12c PDB and Non PDB databases administration.
- Setup of Standby database for faster disaster recovery and data guard setup for high availability.
- Converted physical standby databases to active Data guard and snapshot standby for real time testing
- Creating and managing users, roles and profiles, audited and monitored databases and user access.
- Configured Bi-directional replication using GoldenGate active-active setup and troubleshooting issues in GoldenGate environment
- Used logdump utility to investigate data on GoldenGate trail files to resolve out of sync issues in environment
- Replaced materialized views with GoldenGate and improved performance of data ware housing jobs
- Working with developers to tune their queries for high performance and less wait time.
- Involved in Setting up OID (Oracle Internet Directory) for Single sign on feature of Oracle.
- Involved in the setting up encryption and decryption of secure data in Oracle and SQL server databases.
- Writing shell scripts to monitor data guard status, taking backup and restoring databases using RMAN and data pump utility.
- Experience with HP Quality Center / HP ALM to develop Test plan, test cases, and executing test cases in Test lab, and creating and tracking defects in Defects module.
- Good knowledge in IDOC’s, EDI and ALE technologies.
- Coordinated in integration between various SAP modules like MM, SRM, SD, FI, CO, CRM, PP, BW, BI, HR and GRC
- Project Management, Project Schedule, Project Tracking, and Team Management.
- Involved in yearly off site disaster recovery testing for major applications.
- Writing windows . bat and Power Shell script to backup databases and to monitor different audit and user settings.
- Analyzed the execution plans generated by optimizer and replaced bad plans with historical execution and improved performance of sql running on databases
- Worked on Exadata x3-2 half and quarter rack servers and databases and supported and maintained different applications.
- Used OEM 11g / 12c to manage Oracle databases Supported change control process and involved in creating implementation plan for the change request
- Extraction of data from different flat files into Oracle Database using SQL*Loader
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, OEM, RMAN, Data Guard, Oracle ZFS, DB2 9.7. Tools: Toad for Oracle, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, PUTTY, SSMS, DB Artisan, Fog light, Terminals.
Confidential, DHHS, MI
Oracle Database Administrator
- 24/7 Production Database Administration Support
- Planning hardware and software requirements for installing Real application cluster (RAC) 11gR2.
- Installation and Database Administration of multiple Oracle 11gR2 instances, in a development and in multiple BETA-TEST, and Production environments on Oracle Linux and Red Hat servers, and VM’s.
- Managing, troubleshooting, and resolving oracle database, RAC and applications issues.
- Involved in Upgrade/Migration of the oracle databases from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c and Sun Solaris to OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux)
- Designed and implemented Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Solaris with EMC Storage for an OLTP application with Transaction Application Failover and high transaction volume
- Monitored/managed 2,3 node RAC environments, databases using OEM-Grid control, and RMAN database backup and recovery
- Extensive Performance tuning using the AWR and ADDM reports from time to time to Analyze and enhance the database performance.
- Expert-level performance monitoring and tuning using OEM, TOAD DBA SUITE, Spotlight.
- Implemented RAC installations and configurations, database and table space restructure and redesign, partitioning and compression.
- Configured and implemented best practices, monitoring, performance tuning, backups, security and auditing, patch and software releases on Oracle11g databases.
- Implemented Database Backup and Recovery strategies and policies.
- Successfully, planned and implemented Oracle database installations and upgrade from Oracle 22.214.171.124 databases to Oracle 126.96.36.199 databases on Oracle Linux Servers for the development and production environments.
- Troubleshoot various Database instance tuning issues and maximize performance.
- Performed cloning of the databases from the production to test.
- Architected and implemented Golden Gate replication in Oracle RAC Multimode and Oracle RAC One Node.
- Worked with Oracle Service Requests, escalations and high severity requests.
- Regular Monitoring of databases: growth, performance, health of Cluster and archive log destination on Day to Day Basis using OEM and TOAD.
- Planned and implemented Table partitioning strategies for the Oracle Database in the BRM Application.
- Database monitoring and creation of reports of grow.
- Resource monitoring (servers, storage, services) using SiteScope.
- Working on the Linux Operating System user commands, contab, and performance check.
- Closely work with the developers, performance testing engineers and program managers to recommend the best practices and troubleshoot prodigious problems.
- Troubleshoot Web Logic Server, collected, analyzed, archived and accessed diagnostic data generated by deployed applications with the Web Logic Scripting Tool.
- 24x7 on-call support for critical database issues to help meet the deadlines.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle BRM Application and Database.
- Change and Release Management of the IPC, BRM, Siebel Applications.
- Moreover than Oracle Databases, I was responsible of the SQL Server and Progress Databases Administration (Installation, Maintenance, Performance, User Administration, Storage Management, Monitoring, Upgrade, Backup and Recovery)
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/, Solaris, TOAD, ERWIN, RMAN, SQL server, Data Guard, OEM, Grid Control, Golden Gate, Data Guard, STATSPACK, AWR, Explain Plan.
Confidential, Cheshire, CT
- Served as Oracle DBA in a 24x7 Production environment managing several Database instances.
- Monitoring System Resources, understanding and troubleshooting Database issues in Production Environment.
- Configured and maintained 2 node RAC cluster.
- Setting the parameters, maintaining Data Files, Control Files, Redo Log Files, managing Tablespaces, segments, extents, indexes and managing Undo Data.
- Carrying out EXPORT and IMPORT operations on Oracle Database using the DATAPUMP utility.
- Monitoring the performance of the database using of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Responsible for database Backups and Recovery, maintain 24 hours uptime for the database.
- Upgraded from Oracle 10 g R2 to Oracle 11 g R1 database.
- Mentored and provided oversight and backup for the production Databases .
- Installed, configured and implemented 10 g Dataguard as a physical standby database.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies with the use of incremental cumulative and differential backups using RMAN
- Involved in Capacity planning meetings & operations.
- Automating the daily routine activities backups using the DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Knowledge in oracle super cluster.
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for analyzing the database performance.
- Use TOAD to Optimize and test SQLs, PL-SQL statements developed by the Development Team.
- Automating the routine DBA tasks through CRON.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Perform User Management, creation, monitoring and management of database users, altering passwords of users and granting and revoking system/object privileges, roles for user actions.
- Used Flashback feature to return database objects to a previous state.
- Communicated with Oracle support via the Metalink in order to troubleshoot important issues.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 10g and 11g, RHEL 4, HP-UX, Windows 2008, Oracle Enterprise Manager - OEM, Toad, Sun Solaris
Confidential, OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11g R2 on Linux and also Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Up gradation of Grid Infrastructure and Oracle Databases from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 on 3 node RAC environment.
- Database Refresh from one version to another version.
- Focusing on Exadata administration. With nodes ranging from 2 to 8 and incorporating Dataguarded Exadata clusters for maximum availability.
- Disaster recovery of Exadata Dataguard Physical Standby.
- Failover/Switchover/Loss of service/Rebuild/Corruption/Loss of datafile testing.
- Use of RMAN for backup operations with Exadata.
- Worked on X3-2 machine where backups, restores are run across all database instances in Exadata system with two or four RMAN channels allocated per instance.
- Scheduling the backups for the database using EM 12C cloud control.
- Migration of database from one server to another server.
- Responsible for setup and implementation of 2 Node RAC on Linux in 10g and 11g R2.
- Implemented Data guard, creating physical standby databases in 10g and 11g RAC environment for production database.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Golden gate.
- Configured parameters for the Bi-directional replication.
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases. Managing disks and disk groups with ASM.
- Done migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Scheduling and maintaining level 0 and level 1 RMAN (Recovery Manager) backups.
- Used cross platform transportable table space (TTS) to transport tablespaces across platforms.
- Data Refresh in Test and Integration Databases using Transportable Table spaces.
- Performed conversion Non RAC single instance to Real Application Cluster (RAC) database instances.
- Using Oracle Data Pump utility making faster exports/imports on large databases and saving lot of time.
- Performed patching on Oracle Database Server 10g and 11g using Opatch utility.
- Daily Health Check Up of the Database using AWR, ADDM.
- Perform Daily Monitoring of Oracle Instances, monitor users, and tablespaces, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Logs and Alerts.
- Performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for particular issues and validating disk space.
- Created Users with limited rights as per specific module under specific client. Granting roles and profiles as per system study to users.
- Replication of tables to cross platform and Creating Materialized Views.
- Configured and Implemented Cold/Hot Backups Also configured database cloning using RMAN.
- Efficient in using the Oracle Tools like OEM, SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, TKPROF, LOGMINER, STATSPACK, SQL*Net, IMPORT/EXPORT, and RMAN.
- Developed Scripts for transferring data from production server to testing/development servers.
- Shell scripting and PL/SQL programming to resolve business problems of various natures.
- Experience with UNIX and SQL commands.
- Managing databases on multiple servers.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, Linux 4/5, OEM, DBUA, RMAN, Golden gate, Grid, RAC, ASM, Exadata X3-2, Data guard, SQL*LOADER, AWR, ADDM, ASH, TTS, Data pumps, Exports/Imports.
Jr. Developer/Oracle DBA
- Involved in 24x7 support for both production and development databases with on-call pager
- Installed Oracle Streams for Basic and Advanced Data Replication between Oracle Databases and other databases.
- Used Oracle Streams for propagation and management of data, transactions and events in the data stream to ensure smooth and transparent data flow
- Upgrade and Migration of Database from 220.127.116.11 to 10.2.0.2 later 10.2.0.4 and applying patches whenever required.
- Automation of data load using Korn shell scripting and SQL*Loader
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges to users
- Defining and Implementation of backup and recovery strategies
- Performing all daily Maintenance tasks. Interacting with Oracle Customer service when required
- Writing scripts for the system and database for effective functionality and report generation
- Applied High priority, security patches downloaded from Metalink.
- Involved in Logical and Physical database design.
Environment: Oracle 10g with RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, TOAD, Solaris8/9, PUTTY