- Over 8+ years of experience as an IT professional along with extensive experience as an Oracle DBA in Production, Development and Test environments, and transforming business strategies of various organizations into efficient and integrated global business solutions.
- Good experience in database performance tuning using tools like STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables.
- Provided 24x7 on - call production database supports with timely resolution of tickets.
- Involved in Logical and physical modelling using Erwin and Data loading using SQL*Loader.
- Good knowledge in implementing Oracle Flashback technology for faster recovery of tables/database.
- Expertise in using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and setup of Oracle Grid Control.
- Management of Schemas, Objects & Partitioning the tables & indexes
- Automating the daily routine activities and Schedule maintenance jobs by creating/developing UNIX shell scripts and Oracle scheduler jobs.
- Planning the backups using RMAN, logical (import/export, impdp/expdp), hot and cold backup.
- Oracle Database capacity planning, Creating & Managing Database Structures, space management, storage allocation and different type of storage structure (SAN/NAS)
- Performed RMAN backups (Full, Incremental and Cumulative) and recovery, incomplete recovery and disaster recovery using Standby database or Data Guard.
- Have implemented two type of standby databases supported by Data Guard, logical standby and physical standby databases in 11gR2 on two node RAC
- Worked on large-scale databases with size around 10TB in large system environments.
- Having hands on experience in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN with VERITAS Net Backup and Comm vault.
- Worked closely with the Oracle developers for the better performance in Applications in writing the Packages, Triggers, Materialized Views and Indexes on the tables.
- Used TOAD and SQL Developer extensively along with command line interface utilities like xshell and putty
- Provided 24/7 support during on-call.
- Worked with offshore team.
- Installed Oracle versions 10gR1/R2, 11gR1/R2 on environments Solaris, AIX, Linux.
- Migrated databases from Oracle Versions 9i to 12c
- Worked on OEM, DB console, Grid Control and Cloud Control
- Proficient in installation and configuration of Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i on all UNIX platforms
- Managed databases on Windows.
- Performed Data Migration
- Build 10g and 11g Physical Standby Data Guard
- Expertise in installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle 11g & 10g RAC (Real Applications Clusters) with ASM & OCFS2 file systems on RHEL, AIX, and HP-UX.
- Upgraded oracle databases from 9i to 10g and 10g to 11g using both manual method and DBUA.
- Created databases using DBCA, silent install and via scripts.
- Applied CPU and PSU patches.
Operating Systems: RHEL, HPUX, AIX, Sun and Windows
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11/10g, 9i, SQL Server 2005 / 2008
High Availability: RAC, Data Guard, ASM
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripting, T-SQL
Tools: RMAN, OEM, sqlldr, exp, imp, expdp, impdp, TOAD, dbconsole, asmcmd
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, SQL Advisor, performance analyzer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Planning, Implementing and Validating various versions of Oracle Databases to 10g Release 2(10.2.0.1, 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.4)& 11g Release 2(18.104.22.168,22.214.171.124) install and upgrade on all the environments (in a procedural approach Dev, Test, Stage and Production) also Planning of back out procedures like downgrades/building parallel environments and also working on proof of concept for Oracle 11gR2 upgrades.
- Checking Backup and Restore validity periodically on databases about 12TB in size, and Data refreshes from Production to Non-Production environment, Creation Duplicate Databases using RMAN Backups
- Responsible for installing, supporting the oracle stand alone, RAC(2node) and RAC(2node) with Data Guard databases of the version 11g, 10g and 9i on Sun Solaris 10, and Windows 2008.
- Installed Oracle 12c database with a single instance on a Linux in a test environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Oracle 10g/11g RAC environments using the Grid Control tools.
- Actively participated in installing of 11g RAC on Linux environment with two nodes and ASM as storage.
- Upgrade and Migration of Databases from 10g R2 to 11g R1 and applying patches as per requirement.
- Used ASM file system and SCAN LISTENER in installing Oracle 11g RAC and also installed oracle grid agents on standalone and RAC databases.
- Optimization and tuning SQL queries using TRACE FILE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Decent usage of ADDM, AWR, ASSM, features of 10g/11gR2.
- Worked on installing the data guard on RAC databases for disaster recovery and setup the dataguard broker.
- Tested the Data Guard switchover on the RAC databases manually and also using dataguard broker.
- Worked on resolving the gap between primary and standby
- Worked on setting up the flashback and restore point on the databases and also flashbacked the databases to restore point when required.
- Configured OEM 12c Grid control to monitor database performance, SQL query tuning, create monitor block, and deployed plugins.
- Database Maintenance, Data warehousing, and Data Modeling using Erwin.
- Worked on installing CPU patches manually and also using enterprise manager grid control. Worked on installing the Rollover patches for RAC databases.
- Kept tracking the database performance using oracle enterprise manager and checking the users sessions consuming more CPU and taken the necessary steps to reduce the CPU usage.
- Worked on refreshing the tables, schemas using exp & imp and also using expdp & impdp.
- Refreshed the databases from PROD to UAT, QA, and DEV using RMAN.
- Performed migration of databases from 9i and 10g to 11g on Linux.
- Upgraded the databases from 9i and 10g to 11g and resolving the issues during upgrade.
- Worked on RMAN backup and recovery. Recovered the databases (full recovery) during database upgrade and point in time recovery as per the user request using RMAN.
- Created the dblinks (private and public), synonyms (private and public) and views. Validated the views and compiled the views which are invalid.
- Have used different tools like DB Artisan (8), EXPLAIN PLAN, TKprof, and STATSPACK to solve the performance issues.
- Helped developer in installing Oracle Client, troubleshoot and establish the connection to Oracle database through JDBC.
- Responsible for monitoring RMAN backup jobs and analyse tables and indexes of Oracle database periodically for better performance.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily jobs and resolving and finding reasons for failed jobs.
- Perform production system problem analysis and recommend corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating the sizing documents for databases as per storage provided by application team. Documented all the necessary work for future reference.
- Provided 24/7 Support
- Used TOAD
Confidential, Lake Forest, IL
- Supported Oracle 11g, 10g and 9i databases
- Installed and created 11g databases
- Performed upgrades from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.3) to 11g (126.96.36.199) on Intel and HP boxes
- Installed Oracle 10g RAC software with ASM & OCFS2 file systems
- Configuration, maintenance and tuning of 10g RAC
- Setup of Disaster Recovery databases (Data Guard)
- Refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins
- Installing and Configuring Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning
- Performed Database and SQL tuning
- Experienced in migrating databases to higher releases including incremental migrations
- Migrated database from 9i to 10g and 11g supporting various incremental releases
- Written SQL scripts and bash scripts.
- Security User Management, Privileges, Role, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication
- Made performance improvements to the database by building Partitioned tables, Index organized Tables, Materialized Views and Bitmap Indexes
- Created database maintenance plans, including updating statistics, re-indexing, structure modifications, Capacity plans, and index analysis
- Applied extensive knowledge on Data Dictionary.
- Analysis and management of Oracle problems/defects using SRs and/or Metalink with Confidential and installation of patches
- Created Triggers for multi-master replication
- Worked with client on regular basis.
- Used specific relational database management system structure and technology to create and maintain physical databases. Worked with Oracle 9i and 10G databases.
- Implemented procedures and practices regarding database design, development, monitoring, access, and upkeep.
- Installed and configured database management system software.
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Implemented capacity planning for databases.
- Served in an administrative role regarding database privileges, security, and migration.
- Developed policies and procedures for system operations to better serve clients.
- Presented database management solutions to internal clients
- Used Oracle 10g AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Responsible for quarterly patching and bug fixes.
Environment: SQL, SQL*Plus, 10g, 11g; RHEL, HP UX, TOAD, Grid Control, OEM, SQL Developer
Jr. Oracle DBA
- Ran scripts.
- Created Databases.
- Help creating Documents.
- Worked with Developers to run high privileges scripts.
- Worked on SQL Server.
- Helped users setting up TNS entries.
- Helped users install oracle client and TOAD.
- Performed various RAC related task on small scale.
- Applied CPU patches.