- IT professional with numerous years of hands on IT experience in the areas of Management, Database Administration, Unix, Operations, Programming and other support areas.
- Administrative experience includes effectively managing departmental budgets as well as IT staff.
- Helped the company with development of many application systems and web sites to support the company’s business objectives.
- Excellent coordination, analytical, communications, technical and leadership skills.
- Organized and a team player. MS Computer Science, ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
HARDWARE: Sun Sparc / Enterprise Series, KVM, AMD Opteron (Linux X86 - 64), HP and IBM servers, IBM mainframe, SAN Storage
Oracle: (7,8i,9i,10G,11G Enterprise Edition) - Includes Partitioning, Real Applications Clusters (RAC), ASM, Parallel Query, Grid Control, Data Warehousing, Advanced Replication, Oracle Net, Oracle Text/Intermedia, Advanced Queuing, Oracle 9iAS / 10G Application Server, Data Guard
Postgres 9.3 ->9.6: Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008), MySQL (5.7), Sybase, IDMS
Unix: Centos,HP-UX, Solaris, Linux (Redhat), Shell scripts, Glance, Top, PenguiNet, Putty, Hummingbird, SAR, X Windows, VI Editor, Cron
Mainframe: OS/390, MVS/ESA, OS/JCL, JES2, TSO, ACF2
Siebel, Siebel Tools: Pentho, TIDAL Job Scheduler,Maximo
SUPPORTING DATABASE PRODUCTS: Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Spotlight on Oracle, SQL Navigator, Toad, Spotlight on SQL Server, Foglight for SQL Server, Quest Space Manager, Database Analysis, Schema Manager, LiteSpeed, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, PgAdmin, SQL Manager for Postgres, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQLyog Enterprise, MySQL-Administrator, MySQL Query Browser, LDRPS (Disaster Recovery), Postgres SQL Maestro, Pg Badger, Ora2pg, Postgres Pg Repack
Senior Database Administrator, Lead DBA
- Worked on conversion of Oracle Database systems to a Postgres database environment. Did Oracle and Postgres software installations, upgrades and tuning.
- Participated in a new Joint Venture with same responsibilities as my previous position, including planning and the implementation of the migration of corporate databases to new data center.
- Company’s primary business is developing web based applications.
- Direct report to Vice President of Information Technologies.
Senior Database Administrator, Lead DBA
- Provide all hands on technical application DBA support for Corporate company wide Oracle and SQL Server applications.
- Work closely with local and offshore development and quality assurance teams for project development, testing and product implementation.
- Primarily performing most of the ‘technical‘ duties listed below from 9/1992 to 4/2009.
- Company’s primary business is developing web based applications to the legal profession.
Manager Database Administration / Senior Database Administrator
- Reporting to the CIO, did complete hands-on, full spectrum responsibility for DBA functions in an Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MySQL, and IDMS environment supporting several business units (over 10 years primarily Oracle projects)
- Planned, coordinated and implemented database related tasks to migrate entire local data center to IBM in Rochester, NY and Corporate Data Center. This included all databases and servers.
- Planned and coordinated Oracle 11G / Linux server upgrade project
- Installation / maintenance of all database software plus additional software. Includes bug fixes / upgrades / migrations both on Unix / Linux servers, mainframe and user workstations. Established and maintained more than 50 Oracle / SQL Server instances on approximately 20 servers used by over 30 applications in multiple development, quality assurance, certification and production environments
- Converted Unix databases to Linux, saving the company over $80,000 annually in maintenance costs.
- Develop and maintained security controls for all databases
- Support for several websites in an Oracle clustered RAC environment.
- Provide 7 X 24 support and troubleshooting for all databases (internal and websites)
- Establishment of backup and recovery scripts and procedures for all databases
- Instance and query performance tuning, general troubleshooting of problems
- Work with local and offshore development teams on logical/physical database designs / design reviews
- Space monitoring, integrity auditing and general monitoring of all databases
- Set up Oracle replication environment using materialized views and master-to-master replication
- Calculate disk space requirements, disk space monitoring and file system balancing
- Created Unix / Linux shell scripts and database monitoring utilities
- Creation and maintenance of all database objects for various application systems
- Oracle utilities (i.e. export/ import, Data Pump, SQL Profiling,TKPROF, Statspack, Logminer, SQL Loader,Explain Plan, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH) reporting), ADDM
- Coordinated and performed data refreshes for testing environments
- Supported Siebel CRM application using Siebel tools, repository migrations
- Manage staff of 3 DBAs and partial supervision of 2 Unix administrators controlling all database environments for multiple business units
- Project management and implementation for database related support based on requirements of project managers - includes working with their development, quality assurance teams and offshore resources
- Perform employee performance reviews / objective planning with my staff
- Maintain departmental budget > $500,000, handle required Oracle licensing
- Work with management to determine hardware and software requirements
- Determined strategic direction of DBA work activities and projects
- Site lead for Sarbanes-Oxley reporting for database financial systems compliance
- Key team member for planning and successful implementation of data center migration project
- Helped develop Information Technology disaster recovery plan using LDRPS software
Manager Database Administration and Applications Programming
- Hands-on support for all DB2 and IDMS subsystems. Duties included logical and physical database design, standard implementation, problem resolution, backups, recoveries, performance tuning, table/index creation, database security, and complete DB2 and IDMS support
- Managed two staffs supporting Database Administration and Commercial Applications Programming
- Served on Executive MIS Council for MIS organizational decision making
Manager of Computer Operations and Systems Implementation
- Managed staff supporting 24 hour Operations and Systems Support group. Provided communications and help desk support to over 40 local and remote locations. Responsible for DASD and security administration, MIS chargeback, support of TSO, CICS, IDMS implementation of mainframe software products, disaster recovery planning, and hardware/software evaluations and acquisitions
Database Staff Administrator, Staff Systems Analyst, Senior Programmer/Systems Analyst
- Provided total support for all IDMS Database Systems
- Supervised programming staff plus assumed project leader responsibilities for Bill of Materials and Shop Floor Control projects.
- Included project planning, scheduling, systems analysis, coding and debugging of batch and online transactions
- Responsible for online/batch programming and system design for financial and manufacturing applications including inventory, purchasing, personnel, order entry, MRP, general/subsidiary ledgers and cost accounting systems