- More than 11 years of experience of programming field with extensive knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl) and database management (Oracle, MS SQL Server), strong knowledge of database administration, self - motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- More than ten years solid Oracle database administration skills and experiences in high-end enterprise environments across multiple industries.
- More than ten years experiences in Unix-like system administration (including Solaris / Confidential AIX / HP-UX / Linux / BSD). Proficient in developing management scripts by using Korn/Bash Shell and Perl.
- Eight years solid hands-on experiences and outstanding troubleshooting skills to Setup / Configure / Monitor / Maintain Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC / ASM / Data Guard environments.
- Three years first-hand administrative experiences in Oracle Exadata database machine (include X2/X3/X4-2 full rack) administration, migration, health check, resource management, patching/upgrade and SQL tuning.
- First hands-on skills about Exadata hardware architecture including Storage, Grid and InfiniBand. Deep understanding of key Exadata features including HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression), Smart Scan, Smart Flash Cache, Storage Index and Storage Management.
- More than six years experiences and solid hands-on experiences in Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Troubleshooting Oracle GoldenGate in Oracle to Oracle homogeneous environments and heterogeneous environments (including Oracle to Oracle and MS SQL Server to Oracle).
- 7+ years’ experience in huge size Oracle data warehouse (more than 30TB) solutions and ETL architecture, development, maintenance, production support, data modeling, reporting fields. Extensive knowledge and experiences on various ETL, reporting, and database development tools such as Informatica, Erwin and Power Design.
- Proficient in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup, RMAN backup with/without catalog, cold and hot backup, full / incremental backup.
- More than six years experiences in PL/SQL, Procedure, Functions, Triggers, Packages development in applications such as Financial, Telecom fields.
- Highly skilled in SQL and PL/SQL Tuning, TKProf, Explain Plan. Expertise in monitoring and performance tuning of Oracle database through tuning application, memory and disk by using Statspack/AWR/ADDM/SQL Advisor.
- More than 6 years experiences in Perl/Shell automation scripts programming, 3 years Python scripts automation programming.
- Excellent English writing, verbal and communication skills. Strong team player and be able to work alone. Highly self-motivated and able to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
Database: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
Hardware: Oracle X3/X4/X5 full rack Exadata machine, Confidential PowerPC, X86/64 box
Language: SQL, PL/SQL, T - SQL, Bash/Korn Shell, Perl, C/C++/Java, C#, Visual Basic
Data Replication: Oracle Goldengate, Data Guard
Database Tools: Quest Toad, ER-Win, OEM 12c/13c, SSMS, SSIS
Confidential, Ranch, CO
Senior Oracle Database AdministratorResponsibilities:
- As a senior member of Oracle Advanced Technical support group, provide advanced technical support to enterprise DBA team on Oracle database related technologies such as Exadata, Golden Gate, RAC, upgrades, database migration, Performance Tuning, RMAN Backup and Recovery, Partitioning, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL, PL/SQL, Code review and optimization, Materialized views, Flashback, troubleshooting, Data pump, RDBMS security, VLDB, optimize server resource utilization etc.
- Mainly work on Performance tuning. Working with primary DBAs in the DB support team, support the mission critical OLTP and Data Warehouse production databases. Working as a key member of the technical resources pool to support the Front-Line Support On-Call team.
- Duplicate non-production databases on Exadata server according the Data Warehouse development project's requirement. Help compress large volume partition table by using Oracle HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression) techniques.
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects. Assist in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Primary technical resources in SQL tuning in Exadata Production and Performance Testing environments by using statistics, hints, SQL tuning set etc.
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Exadata storage servers in the Database machine including routine health check, patching and upgrades according to the suggestions from Oracle support department.
- Install and configure High Availability Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments (front-end: Sun SPARC Server; back-end: Oracle Exadata).
- Upgrade Oracle GoldenGate from 11g to 12c. Implement OGG 12c new features in mission-critical production environments.
- Participate in the data modeling sessions to understand the data model and providing them inputs based on the existing data to make sure designed model is technically feasible.
- Maintenance of production and development databases which includes table space management, user creation, and privileges, roles granting.
- Perform RMAN database backup and recovery and also physical backups and logical backups by using data pump (expdp/impdp) tools.
- Extensively develop and maintain Korn shell and Perl scripts.
- Worked on Lev1, Lev2 issues and also providing 24x7 On-Call Support and provided on-call and day-to-day support.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Oracle DBA plus Goldengate SpecialistResponsibilities:
- Perform Core DBA tasks such as Database Administration on Oracle 11g environments, performance tuning, Schema creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Architecting, planning, designing, developing, deploying and supporting Oracle 11g R2 RAC/ASM environment.
- Installing & configuring Oracle 11g clusterware & Database Software (Troubleshooting using cluvfy & handling common issues that arise during integration of the whole - bugs, network issues, configuration files issues, OCR issue, deinstallation & cleanup of clusterware).
- Worked with customer for different RAC related issue: hangcheck timer, split brain, RAC recovery, ASM, OCR corruptions, Voting disk loss & so on. Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events).
- Backup and Recovery issues related (loss of OCR, Voting Disk and Oracle clusterware) & also issues with corruption of individual disk data blocks, loss of OS configuration files, loss of net configuration files. Also used the Merge backup for backing terabyte databases. Issues with block change tracking & also flash recovery area.
- Maintain Oracle SQL and PL/SQL scripts, Unix Shell Scripts, debugging and tuning. Implement Production Control and Change Management.
- Provides expertise and makes recommendations for physical database design, architecture, testing, performance tuning, and implementation of Oracle database.
- Handle daily database operation performance issues (track and trend overall database performance and database area, index, and drive performance). Recommending application code changes (processing strategies, queries, use of Oracle10g/11g new features).
- Plan and Design Backup/Recovery solutions using shell scripts and RMAN. Ensure that the database software infrastructure is in place and up to date to support other infrastructure components (e.g., operating system and hardware) and application development.
- 27X7 level Production support for Oracle Database 9i and 10g.
- Configured, supported and performance tuning of Oracle 9i and 10g Real Applications Clusters (RAC) on Linux/AIX platforms.
- Managed Oracle Database infrastructures including RMAN catalogs, OID, and Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g.
- Design and implement high availability solutions using RAC, Data Guard.
- Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting of custom and vendor apps running on Oracle databases using AWR/ADDM, traces/tkprof, explain plans, profiles.
- Use top-down approach to problem solving in RAC environments experiencing node evictions and reboots.
- Apply patches on Oracle 10g Clusterware and RAC databases.
- Promote scripts through development, test/QA and production environments.
- Refreshed test and development environments from production by using expdp/impdp, RMAN duplication techniques.
- Perform SQL tuning for data warehouse reports by implementing index, hint, stored outlines and session parameters.
- Speed up certain transactions in the data warehouse environment by enabling parallel processing includes changing parallel setting on table or index, adding parallel hint in query or altering session to force parallel.
Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Developed PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Functions accordance with Business Requirements for loading data into database tables.
- Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, backups, replication, and other distributed data issues over a highly volume Terabyte Database.
- Created Oracle database objects (tables, partition tables, b-tree and bitmap indexes, constraints, views and materialized views), PL/SQL Procedures/Functions/Packages, SQL and Korn shell/Perl Scripts and develop transaction processes based on created objects to support business needs and report’s needs. Developed Unix shell scripts to perform a nightly refresh of the test system from Production databases.
- Designed, and developed Oracle PL/SQL ETL processes for loading data from internal systems using SQL Loader and External tables.
- Designed, developed and maintained oracle database schemas, tables, standard views, materialized views, synonyms, unique indexes, non-unique indexes, constraints, triggers, sequences, implicit cursors, explicit cursors, cursor for loops, reference cursors and other database objects.
- Performance tuning and optimize SQLs using explain tables, TKPROF utility, by setting database parameters, by using optimizer hints and using Analyze to compute statistics on tables.
- Designed Test Plan and Test Cases according to Functional Requirements and design specifications of the application and executed them with testers. Implemented Unit Testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.