IT professional, with 11 years of extensive Application Architecture Data Modeling Design, and Database Administration experience. Great problem solving and troubleshooting skills at all levels. Highly customer oriented with vast experience in customer and user interaction on daily basis.
- Oracle Database Administrator, SQL - PL/SQL, Oracle Weblogic Forms Fusion Middleware 12c, 11g
- MYSQL Database
- Confidential up to 2012
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid 10g/11G,
- Linux / Unix
- Windows Servers
AREAS OF STRENGTH AND EXPERTISE:
- IT infrastructure design
- Oracle and Microsoft Databases Management, monitoring and Administration
- Oracle Weblogic and Application server installation and configuration
- Oracle 11g/12c Weblogic and Enterprise Manager Installation and Configuration
- Software and application designing on Oracle platform.
- Application architecture and application development
- Actively involved in SDLC full life cycle of application development projects
- Data and Application Security architecture.
- Technical lead on various projects.
- Windows and Linux Operating systems, installation and configuration for Database.
- Technical documentation.
- Confidential .
- Disaster Recovery, planning and implementation, onsite and offsite location.
- Installed and upgraded Oracle Database on multiple operating systems for production, development, and test database servers.
- Gathered requirements from users
- Performed Analysis on the requirements.
- Created detailed design document for customer review
- Performed data modeling and design ERD and FHD at logical design level
- Convert logical design to physical design with Primary keys, foreign keys constraints and check constraints.
- Implemented and maintained smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducted performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Creating primary database storage allocation (Tablespaces and data-files)
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes)
- Modifying the database structure
- Performing account credentialing and maintaining system security
- Reviewed database design and integration of systems, provided backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintained security and integrity controls. Formulated policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Developed SQL and PL/SQL scripts, triggers, and procedures, packages, and data security structures for various projects assuring compliance to database and programming standards through the entire development life cycle.
- Supported Oracle Developers with analysis, logical and physical design, PL/SQL, SQL tuning, and developing Oracle forms and reports.
- Actively participated in application development life cycle with developers, and provided necessary inputs during logical and physical design.
- Designed a solid security data model using table functions and PLSQL tables to enforce compliance for HIPAA Data.
- Migrated 10g to 11g using Import, export, and data pump utility.
- Responsible for providing performance monitoring, tuning, backups, upgrades/patches, and system maintenance.
- Performed backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Monitoring all systems using Oracle Enterprise Manager and command line access
- Wrote scripts for performance monitoring and tuned existing codes accordingly to ensure smooth operations on production systems.
- Performed physical and virtual database backups and recoveries. Lead the Database team on Disaster Recovery drills at SunGard facility for past 13 years. Successfully recover all production databases during several drills in past 16 years.
- RAC installation and configuration.
- Designed Application architecture for Confidential and HIPAA compliant application modules.
- Gathered requirements and designed Business process Model, and data flow model
- Statement of work
- Functional and detailed design documentation.
- Data modeling for database architecture
- Conversion from logical to physical database design.
- Security code review process.
- User roles and access strategies
- Auditing and Logging
- Authentication and Authorization
- Configuration Management
- Data Protection
- Data Validation
- Managed various short and long term projects.
- Managed individual and group projects.
- Managed project portfolios from inception to completion via Microsoft Project.
- Created and managed projects (tasks, timeline and resources) on Microsoft Project tool
- Configuration Management using SVN.
- Developed business process flow diagrams to understand current process and identified potential improvements
- Deployment of application releases.
- Created requirement documents, and statement of work.
- Created detailed design and security documents
- Installed and configure and create Confidential for production, development, and test environments.
- Imported, exported and migrated data from one environment to other environment.
- Monitor space and availability of the SQL server databases.
- Responsible for backups and recovery of the SQL server database.
- Managed user access
- Installed, configured and upgraded Oracle Fusion Middleware application server.
- Web logic Server configuration and monitoring
- Managed Oracle Application server instances via Web Logic server.
- Implementation and deployment of Forms, Reports, Portal Meta Repository and Mod PLSQL application on these application servers.
- Created Database Access Descriptors for PLSQL applications
Confidential, Suitland, MD
- Installation and configuration of new Oracle 10gR2 databases.
- Creation of multiple database instances on Solaris, Linux VMS and Windows platforms
- Day to day Maintenance of over 50 databases on various platforms that includes,
- Creating and troubleshooting RMAN backup policies
- Maintaining tablespaces and datafiles
- Resolving user issues for database links, application privileges, query performance, locking issues, schema setup etc.
- Setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting Oracle Queues for messages transfers between two or more databases
- Migrating data from one database to another
- Created development, beta environment by cloning databases.
- Installation of Quarterly security patches on the database servers
- Upgraded 9i databases to 10g databases
- Implementation of security policies on the databases
- Document Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for all standard procedures of a DBA.
- Written Unix shell scripts for backup and to automate other OS jobs