- Over 8+ years in Information Technology
- Over 7+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA in various domains to deliver new products, upgrades with Oracle Software 11g/10g/9i on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms.
- Extensive knowledge on database administration for Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i with experience within a very large scale database environment and mission critical large OLTP systems in a variety of environments like Linux, HP - UX, IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris, RHEL and Windows.
- Expert in planning, creation, administration and troubleshooting of Oracle 11g/10g/9i, OLTP (multiple instances)/OLAP databases.
- Expertise in setup, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Grid Control, Cloud Control, Oracle Enterprise Manager and TOAD,
- Experience in Real Application Clusters (RAC) setup, configuration and cluster interconnection with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), configured user log on load balancing and failover on RAC database for high availability.
- Strong experience in migrating database from Non-ASM to ASM and Non-RAC to RAC.
- Hands on experience in Oracle 10g, 11g 3-Node RAC implementation & administration (Oracle Cluster ware setup and configuration, RAC installation using ASM, Configuration and Patching, RAC Backup and Recovery).
- Solid experience in disaster recovery, Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, operating system backup, cold and hot backup, full backup, incremental, cumulative backup and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- Skilled in developing RMAN scripts for database back up including hot and cold backup options for both RAC and standalone instances.
- Extensive knowledge in Database Cloning using RMAN, VERITAS Net Backup, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Have implemented replication and two types of standby databases logical standby and physical standby databases supported by DATAGUARD for DR high availability.
- Excellent experience in various migration techniques like export/import, Data pump, backup, restore, cloning, and data guard.
- Experience on Data Replication using Snapshot, Materialized views, import/export.
- Writing scripts in the UNIX based environments for managing the users roles and privileges, scheduled backups (using data-pump /cold backups), manage statistics, Disk space management.
- Experience on Oracle monitoring tools including Oracle Application Server monitoring and Oracle Linux monitoring using NMON and TOP commands.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
- Expertise in using EXPLAIN PLAN for query optimization and Performance diagnostic tools like SQL Trace and TKPROF.
- Experience in writing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers, various UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Provided 24*7 on-call production database support and maintenance including remote database support. Worked on Automatic Storage Management with SAN storage for managing data in EMC symmetric.
- Knowledge of Data Normalization and its normal forms.
- Strong experience in providing 24/7 support for corporate databases, timely resolution of tickets, and on-call rotation.
- Proven abilities in establishing effective task priorities, working independently, and participating as an integral part of a team in fast-paced and multitasking environment.
RHEL, HP: UX, Windows, Sun Solaris
RDBMS: Oracle 10g R2, 11g R1/R2, 12c, MS SQL Server 2008, 2012
High Availability: RAC, Data Guard
Languages: SQL, Java, C, PERL, UNIX Shell, T-SQLTools: ASM, RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, exp, imp, expdp, impdp, ERwin, TOAD, JIRA, Confluence, TortoiseSVN, Ant, Bamboo, Exadata, Golden gate
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, SQL Advisor, DBMS, Stats
Confidential, Boston MA
- Built 2 node RAC cluster
- Worked in backup team and was responsible for configuration and implementation of backup strategies using RMAN and Data Guard in RAC environment.
- Setup Maximum Availability Physical standby Data Guard
- Utilized a combination of Bash and Korn shell scripting to integrate two sets of scripts
- Created and modified shell scripts
- Refreshed databases using RMAN duplicate database.
- Refreshed schemas using data pump
- Managed table spaces
- Worked with storage admins for disk space for ASM
- Migrated databases from UNIX file system to ASM.
- Applied CPU / PSU / one-off patches.
- Used 12c cloud control to monitor databases.
- Worked with shadow copy software to back up large databases and quantities of data
- Migrated data from one server to another
- Worked with CLI and GUI
- Worked with vi Text editor
- Modified existing RMAN scripts.
- Implement disaster recovery with use of Exadata
- Manage and patch Exadata environments
- Worked on Hitachi Shadow image.
- Generated Oracle Audit Remediation reports
- Implement Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans
- Defining and Implementation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
- Management of schemas, objects partitioning the tables & indexes.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Conducting case / system / process study for project planning, scoping, estimation, tracking.
- Mentoring the team and deploying them with the task.
- Defining best practices for project support and documentation.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and patching of Oracle server software
- Creating the table spaces, rollback segments, user maintenance, database security imposition by creating, maintaining and granting roles and privileges, performance tuning.
- Making use of AD utilities like Adpatch, Adadmin, Adctrl, Adrelink, etc.
- Managing oracle security and oracle network tools.
- Handling the maintenance of Oracle Apps11i and R12 (single/multi node) on Linux platforms.
- Providing technical support to development teams.
- Evaluating oracle features and related products. Set-up and maintain documentation and standards.
- Single and three node installation of Test, Development and Production servers on different Hardware platforms
- Regular monitoring of, database health check-up
- Performing Maintenance activities using AD-Utilities.
- Applying patches to Oracle Homes using OPatch utility.
- Database Upgradation 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 & 188.8.131.52.0 to 10.2.0
- Upgraded 10g AS Homes from 10.1.2 to 10.1.2.3 and 10.1.3 to 10.1.3.5
- Converting Forms mode from Servlet mode to Socket mode and vice-versa.
- Collection of Diagnostics and Traces to debug issues.
- Interaction with Oracle support in handling the user related issues.
- Resolving errors faced by technical and functional users.
- Troubleshooting Apache, Forms, Reports and Concurrent Manager Components of s
- Making Configuration Changes using Autoconfig.
- Managing tablespaces, control files and Database objects
- Create and maintain Apps users, responsibilities, menus and profiles etc.
- Managing and Controlling the Securities using System Administration
- Tracing & Debugging the s & Concurrent Programs
- Support& New Implementations for around 500 customers in 24/7 365 days
Environment:: SQL, SQL*Plus, Oracle 9i, 10g, 9iAS; Sun Solaris Unix, Linux Windows XP, Oracle Forms 10g, Oracle Streams Oracle Reports 10g, Oracle Developer