- Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, PL/SQL, Database Packages, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Pro*C Development Experience.
- Sybase IQ 12.7 and 15.2 Sybase ASE 12.5
- Expertise in database performance tuning at both the schema and query/code level
- Full Lifecycle Design and Development Experience, Team Leadership
- SQL, PL/SQL, Pro*C, UNIX Scripting
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Maintained and developed custom procedures for a Confidential Master Servicing software package.
- These were oracle 11g and 12c databases running on LINUX connected to Oracle Forms running on a Windows 2008 application server.
- Developed new reports and interfaces in Oracle PL/SQL and Windows BAT files.
- Experienced with Agile and CA Technologies Agile Central Rally tool for tracking development and testing tasks.
- Practiced with BMC Remedy Change Management tool, the Access Request Management (ARM) tool, the Release Management tool PRISM and the work request tool NEXUS.
- Additional responsibilities included Release Coordination of monthly scheduled and ad hoc releases with multiple onshore and offshore teams.
Confidential, Round Rock, Texas
- Analyzed Confidential ’s customized Salesforce.com feeds to a Teradata data warehouse for inclusion with multiple data sources such as customer master data management, orders, quotes, service history and service contracts into a new Customer 360 View system running on Hadoop.
- Mapped Teradata tables to the C360 Hadoop data model.
- End to end testing of data flows and the UI with manipulation of test data in the Teradata data warehouse with SQL to queries utilizing Hive in the Hbase Hadoop data warehouse.
- Level 3 support and development in PL/SQL of multiple Oracle 11g RAC partitioned databases ranging in size from 1Tb to 30Tb.
- Investigated errors with data transfers and replication between multiple databases.
- Transfer methods included Oracle Streams, GoldenGate and flat files processed with the Control - M batch scheduling software via windows cmd/bat files.
- Problem solved data discrepancies working with multi-national offshore teams in India, Malaysia and Brazil.
Confidential, New York
- Expanded a marketing database for a start-up company written in Oracle 11g which held registration information, outsourced contact details and survey data. Wrote data loading and extraction routines for flat file data.
- Enhanced the data model and programmed data cleansing and reporting procedures utilizing PL/SQL.
- Organized SQL*Plus and database training for users to allow basic ad hoc report production.
- Produced functional and technical documentation to detail the processes from initial data loading through to report production.
- Chose to take an extended break to experience different cultures and learn a second language.
- Spent 3 months travelling throughout South America including Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador where I took Spanish classes in local language schools.
- Upon returning I traveled throughout India and Nepal for 3 months experiencing the cultures of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Rajasthan, Punjab, Bengal and Maharashtra.
- Programmed a Confidential Performance Monitor module. Multiple systems such as Approval Package, Risk Rater, Confidential (Customer Due Diligence), MiFID (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive), Legal Admin and Problem Loans which were written in house and directly fed into a Credit & Country Risk system contained embedded auditing points. Information on users button clicks, performance of tasks, execution times of processes and so on were written to an Oracle 11g database. Extracts from the Oracle database were taken and imported into a Sybase IQ 15.2 database where reporting stored procedures were written detailing usage, performance and user interaction.
- Designed and programmed enhancements to a Credit & Country Risk and RAROC (Risk Adjusted Return On Capital) reporting system for an International bank utilizing the Scrum Agile software development method and SVN for software versioning and revision control . The J2EE front end system produced custom reports for internal use and standard reports on credit risk for the ECB and DNB (De Nederlandsche Bank, the Dutch Central Bank). Various data sources supplied information to a Sybase ASE 12.5 multi terabyte data warehouse. Extracts were taken from the data warehouse and loaded into a Sybase IQ 12.7 multi billion row data mart. New functionality was programmed mostly in Transact SQL for the data mart with specialization in IQ procedures.
- Attended an Oracle Database 10g SQL Tuning Workshop organized.
- Working from Business Requirements documentation designed and programmed a Connected System Exit Point ( Confidential ) validation process for Powergen in Confidential which cross checked Transco invoices against Independent Gas Transporter invoices. The system was written in PL/SQL and incorporated into an existing Oracle 10g database.
- Produced Technical Design documentation for changes to an existing Oracle 10g system also for Powergen in Confidential to in corporate a new industry standard Relative Price Control (RPC) methodology which caped Independent Gas Transporter charges and provided a standard invoicing format. The technical design was implemented in PL/SQL.
- Designed a system for Powergen in Confidential (part of EON UK Ltd) which stored and processed Electricity industry standard D0019 dataflows, high EAC/AA Elexon spreadsheets and Data Collector comments in an existing Oracle 9i database running on a Sun Fire 6800 machine for management reporting purposes and in order to facilitate the analysis and resolution of erroneous data. The back end processing of the system was based on PL/SQL procedures written with TOAD and limited UNIX Korn shell scripts utilizing Merchant (Serena) Dimensions as the source code change management system.
- Utilized business specifications to design and develop a range of back-end Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and triggers for a retail order processing system running on Oracle 9i.
- Programmed maintenance requests, investigated bug reports and modified existing procedures and index design to improve performance. Responsible for documenting and overseeing the documentation of processes created by team members.
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle of an out of grade module of a new payroll system resulting from the merger of Brooklyn Union Gas, Boston Gas and LILCO. This process included gathering requirements from expert users in the three separate companies, producing a functional specification, a design specification, programming through to testing and user acceptance trials.
- The main programming effort was in the area of back-end Oracle PL/SQL custom packages and procedures utilized to merge the time management and payroll software. Programmed UNIX shell scripts for a job scheduling package called Maestro. The time and work management screens were provided by SmartTime utilizing Oracle and the payroll processing provided by PeopleSoft running on Oracle 8i.