- As Oracle DBA with around 7+ years IT experience in Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g, 12c) 10g/11g RAC, data guard, installation, migration, designing, backup, recovery, scripting, performance tuning etc. spanning various industries like Health, Banking etc. in variety of environments like UNIX, LINUX, (Solaris, HP - UX, Red hat), Windows NT 2000/2003 in production as well as development databases. Providing 24x7 support of Production, Development & UAT environments on Various Platforms.
- Expertise in oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, RAC 10g/11g installation, administration, production support, configuration, upgrades, patches, space management, database security, performance tuning, troubleshooting database design, UNIX/LINUX shell scripting and documentation.
- Significant experience in Oil, Financial, Insurance, Transportation (Public) and trading applications.
- 2+ years in the field of NOSQL DATABASE(Mongo DB) administration. Experience in performing MongoDB DBA operational routines.
- Experience in Writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos.
- Good experience on MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Experience in installing and maintaining MongoDB on cloud environments.
- Experienced in MongoDB clusters, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Experience with 12C /11g grid/10g CRS Real Application Clusters (RAC) and single instance environments on UNIX/Linux platforms using Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Applied several patches like patch sets interim patches and one-off patches.
- Having hands on experience in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Installing configured and administrated Data Guard on both RAC and Standalone Servers.
- Oracle Database capacity planning, space management, storage allocation and different type of storage structure (SAN/NAS).
- Expert in Performance Tuning i.e. tuning applications, shared pool, I/O distribution, rollback segments, buffer cache, redo mechanisms.
- Extensive Database Administration - Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11 g/12c experiences that includes creation and management of users and their profiles. Tuning of the database for optimum performance.
- Designing Backup and Recovery strategies to meet client database requirement. Worked with team to accomplish User managed backups and RMAN backup
- Worked independently to ensure that the databases and applications are operating efficiently and ensure proper backup and disaster recovery methods are maintained.
- Maintaining SLA promptly, User level security implementation. Experience in implementing three-tier security architecture, Space Management, Memory Tuning and Application Tuning.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts and SQL scripts to carry out routine checks on databases. This includes checking whether all databases are running, listener is running, disk space availability, checking for errors in alert logs etc and Building Schema Index bugs.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and Client Management skills
- Ability to work independently and learn new concepts quickly. Open to work new modules and new technologies
- Experience in requirement gathering and working closely with Business Users.
Main Skill Area: Oracle Database Administration, Mongo DBA
Data Bases: Oracle 9i/10g /11g, 12c, NOSQL(MongoDB)
Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, Grid Control, Web logic, SQL*PLUS, SQL Developer
Languages: SQL, C, C++, HTML, Java
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Win NT/2000, 2003
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Migrate databases across Database servers (Non-RAC to RAC and RAC to RAC).
- Performance tuning(query tuning)
- Create databases for development, testing and production (including RAC databases and NON-RAC databases).
- Perform refreshes from Non-RAC database to a RAC environment.
- Installed, Administering, and Optimized MongoDB instances.
- Worked with Development, Storage and Network teams in installation and administration of MongoDB
- Monitored transaction activity and utilization, with particular strengths in performance tuning highly transactional databases in both the development and production environments including remotely located servers.
- Configured Role-Based Access Control with custom roles and privileges.
- Running MongoDB with secure configuration options.
- Configured hidden replica member and it is used for reporting and backups.
- Security Administration including the management of profiles, roles, users and their privileges.
- Configure and manage RMAN backup using GRID.
- Clone databases with various strategies like Cold/Hot/Logical Refresh and RMAN Backup.
- Object/Schema level re-org whenever the fragmentation is found.
- Add/configure the database for database monitoring in Grid
- Worked on Restore and Recover of databases.
- Basic Administration of Data guard database.
- Instance migration from one server to other server.
- Implemented Critical Patch Updates which Oracle provides for each server.
- Cloning from cluster database to Normal database and Cloning from Normal database to cluster database.
- Performed number of Media recoveries, tablespace and data files recovery and point in time recoveries.
- Created monitoring base line templates in Oracle 10g Grid based on different thresholds as per the database requirements
- Created Backup jobs in OEM Grid for databases.
- Document the SOP and capture the evidences during Change control in Production databases and Validated Systems
Environment: Oracle 12C/11g, RAC, OEM 12C, Data Guard, RHEL, PL/SQL, RMAN, RAC, Mongo DB, SQL Server.
- 24x7 Database administrations, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
- Installation, configuration, migration, maintenance and tuning of Oracle 11g and 10g on Red hat 5.0.
- Applied patches to Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Experienced in Design, implementation and generating documentation of Oracle 10g Data Guard on physical standby databases in high availability mode.
- Writing and modifying UNIX shell scripts to manage Oracle environments and for Backend Oracle Processes.
- Worked on Oracle database and extensively on creating users, assigning roles, space management and moving code from development to production databases.
- Used RMAN for backup and recovery. Performed Hot, Cold and Logical backups. And performed backup validations using RMAN.
- Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics for the same.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, oracle contention and monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and automatic session history.
- Cloning & duplicating databases using scripts as well as RMAN.
- Experienced in Database Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication.
- Performed other DBA activities like including space management and performance monitoring.
- Performance tuning and diagnosing DBMS and individual Production databases. Organized various migration review meetings with the application team to discuss the migration strategy based on their requirements.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g & 11g, RHEL 4.2, Windows XP, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, PL/SQL Developer, Import/Export, Tuning Advisors, TOAD, Oracle 10g RAC, SQL Server .
- Involved in monitoring the Database related activities using Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control (OEM Grid) and monitoring the backup jobs scheduled in OEM Grid.
- Performed configuration of Oracle ASM on HP-UX, RHEL.
- Performed Installation, Configuration, and Monitoring of Oracle 11gR2, 11gR1 and 10g on UNIX, Linux.
- Installed, configured and monitored Oracle RAC 11gR2 and 10g with ASM.
- Configured and implemented Oracle 11gR2 Data Guard for Database disaster recovery.
- Experience in Planning Database, Sizing tablespace, create database, scripts, monitor databases, interact with developers, Oracle Install, Upgrade, 24x7 DBA support, Disaster recovery Automate daily jobs, Schema management, SQL loader, Export/import Database, Tune database.
- Experience in RAC, EXADATA, ASM, DATAGUARD, Patching, Upgrades & Migrations.
- Working Experience with the latest TOAD having new features PLSQL & SQL Script Debugger, Database Health Checkup, ASM Manager, Diagnose Extents, Segment Advisor, SGA Trace, Query Builder.
- Implemented and documented backup/recovery strategies using hot backup, cold backups using RMAN and Export/Import utilities and Wrote Shell Scripting for managing day-to-day activities and automation of backup.
- Performed logical backup of the database and Schemas using DATAPUMP (Expdp/Impdp) as per the requirement.
- Migration of databases from MS SQL server 2008 and Oracle 11g.
- Involved in implementation and support of 10g and 11g migrations and upgrades from Oracle 9i and 10g databases on HP-UX and Linux.
- Involved in PL SQL programming and Performance tuning for oracle Database by generating AWR and ADDM reports.
- Performed Database activities using Integrated Development tools like SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Effectively resolved incident tickets in the production environment.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g & 11g, RHEL 4.2, Windows XP, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, PL/SQL Developer, Import/Export, Tuning Advisors, TOAD, Oracle 10g RAC, SQL Server.