- Around 9 years of experience in Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T - SQL, Data Warehousing Development, and Production Support in domains such as Insurance, Healthcare, and Transportation.
- Experienced in requirement analysis, coding, and testing various modules in a software development life cycle.
- Experienced in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL including all database objects: Stored procedures, Stored functions, Packages, TYPE Objects, Triggers, Cursors, REF cursors, Parameterized cursors, Views, Materialized Views, PL/SQL collections.
- Experienced in Design, Development, Enhancement, and Maintaining applications in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g using SQL, PL/SQL in Windows 2000/XP/7/8 and UNIX environments.
- Detailed depth Knowledge in Oracle Architecture, Data Dictionary, and DBMS Packages.
- Substantial development experience in creating Stored Procedures, PL/SQL Packages, Triggers, and Functions. Strong knowledge in Oracle cursor management and exception handling.
- Extensive experience in Database query tuning, Performance tuning (PLAN and TKPROF utility) of reports and troubleshooting Oracle Application issues on OLTP and DSS systems.
- Experienced in designed and deployment of UNIX Shell Scripts using K-Shell.
- Expertise in handling errors using Exceptions .
- Experience on multi-tiered web application development, using Java/J2EE
- Experience of using web services, application services, and RDBMS
- Extensive experience using scheduling tools like CRON tab, Control-M, and AUTOSYS.
- Expertise in Creating SQL Loader Scripts to load data from flat files into database and exporting data to flat files using UTL FILE package.
- Programming skills in Oracle LSH and SAS
- Hands on experience on ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) applications development and testing.
- Experienced in working with SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum methodology.
- Experience in working with offshore team of INFORMATICA.
- Execute Quality Control checks of source code created by other developers
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality.
- Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to ERP jobs .
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target, mapping and session level.
- Respond to errors and emergencies within applications and programs .
- Create and execute development and maintenance of the client team’s inventory collection and reporting.
- Used import, export and Data Pump utility to transfer data.
- Experience in Performance tuning the production database towards optimal performance based on the changes in the database storage structures due to application change requirements. Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Database through Database Tuning - Tuning Applications, Tuning Memory, Tuning Disk Usage, Tuning OS
- Own the development lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Highly motivated, excellent team player, enthusiastic, strong initiative and quick learner of new technology.
Operating Systems: HP UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows NT/2000/XP/Windows 7
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting
Database Technologies: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2 and SQL server 2000
GUI: Toad, Erwin and SQL Developer
Version Control Tools: VSS and Tortoise SVN,GIT
Tools: & Utilities: Informatica, Data stage, SQL*Loader, Import/Export and Data Pump
Others: Putty, corn tab, AUTOSYS, RDBMS concepts and Control-M scheduler tool
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, JSP
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Support.
- Created the database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB triggers, Indexes, and Analytical functions.
- Used External Tables and SQL*Loader to create ETL packages for flat file loading and error capturing into log tables.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like Explain Plan, SQL*Trace and TKPROF.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, generated columns, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, and Materialized Views.
- Used Ref Cursors, Synonyms, Indexes, Joins and Exceptions extensively in coding. Tuning of the SQL queries, which takes long time to process the request using Explain Plan, Hints to reduce the response time.
- Worked on various tables to create Indexes to improve query performance and also partitioning large Tables.
- Worked in implementing table partitions using Range, Hash, Composite techniques.
- Good understanding of Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Dimension and Fact table.
- Extensive use of Unix Shell Scripts and Autosys to automate process.
- Used Autosys to schedule the batch jobs for Intraday and End of the business day cycles.
- Worked on UNIX and Perl scripts for scheduling Autosys jobs in UAT/SIT/PFIX/PROD Environments.
- Worked on Version Control tool such as Tortoise SVN and used the JIRA bug tracking tool.
- Responsible for troubleshooting back end UAT and production issues.
- Worked on troubleshooting, issue escalation, applying the patches and fixes using Change Requests.
- Worked extensively to deploy the UNIX and Perl code in Linux environment.
- Understanding the PL/SQL code for issues in the database and advice the development team with logs.
- Production support and involved in implementation of coding standards and Data Base change requests.
Environment: Oracle 10g / 11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Oracle Forms 9i/10g, Reports 9i/10g,CVS, TOAD, UNIX, Shell scripting, Oracle Warehouse Builder 184.108.40.206,Subversion (SVN), CVS, Perl.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Preparing project-phase plans and implementation schedule, plan and conduct meeting and workshops relative to the project plans, and communicate day to day project status to all levels of management.
- Analyze, develop and implement custom application solutions using BMC Control-M scheduling tools.
- Analyze, processes, and test batch processes from requirements specifications, and ensures that the finished product meets requirements.
- Working with Application Developers to perform analysis and recommendations on new workflows identified for scheduling.
- Deployment of Workflows in development, QA and Production Control-M Environments and assist developers in performing functional and user acceptance tests.
- Created stored procedures, functions, packages, collections, triggers, object types to implement complex business functionality. Implemented data optimization, scrubbing and manipulation of staged data using PL/SQL packages.
- Encapsulated error handling and used autonomous transaction for logging. Used UTL FILE for exporting data and UTL MAIL to generate E-mails.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows
- Extensively used PL/SQL features like nested table, V array and Bulk collect for high performance of stored procedures.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries (cursors, ref cursors, sub queries, correlated sub queries). Provided support for multiple business groups and managed SDLC for multiple projects to satisfy business needs.
- Created various User defined EXCEPTIONS to control the process based on the business requirement.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, TOAD, Informatica, Control M
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Analyzed all business functionality related to back-end database interfaces and utilized PL/SQL developer tool in developing all back-end database interfaces.
- Designed the conceptual, logical and physical model according to the requirements using Erwin.
- Worked on Logical and Physical Data Modeling to gather the business requirements and convert them into models and design the databases.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views in Development and Production environment in PL/SQL and SQL*Plus.
- Involved in debugging and Tuning the PL/SQL code, tuning queries, optimization for the Oracle database.
- Review data transformation rules and provide technical suggestions in data transformation logic and pseudo code (PL/SQL).
- Used UTL file in packages to read/write the data from/to a flat file and SQL*Loader for migrating flat file data into target.
- Involved in OLTP Process.
- Created tables using Toad as well as created and managed roles for different users to access database objects.
- Written various Triggers, Stored Procedures to perform or automate many of the tasks.
- Optimized SQL queries used in Reports and Stored Programs (Procedures, Functions and Packages) to improve performance drastically.
- Created Database Triggers, bypassing the mutating table errors, use of row and statement level triggers for advanced auditing of changes made to a table and Oracle Functions and Procedures to centralize the business logic in the database.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries.
- Resolved Priority Production Support Issues and Defect Fixes.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Forms 6i/10g, Perl, UNIX, shell script, SQL*LOADER, Erwin, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Toad.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Extensively worked in providing updated records of the patients on weekly basis by comparing with the previously-exported patients records.
- Involved in keeping track of previously-exported patients records and archived them for future reference purpose.
- Created the custom tables to import the Patient's data and insert into the database tables.
- Developed the SQL*Loader and external table concepts to load data into the staging tables from the flat files.
- Involved in resolving the project specific code issues by discussing with offshore team.
- Involved in architecting and delivering LSH based development.
- Single Point of Contact between the client and other stakeholders during all phases of the Project and ensure the Solution is delivered successfully.
- Responsible for driving client discussions and managing both expectations and project communications with the client.
- Created the PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions for applying the business logic to update the patients' database.
- Involved with offshore team, providing requirements for reporting, testing through informatica and Cognos.
- Created custom triggers to automatically populate different tables and also to restrict the data being inserted to the tables.
- Involved in end to end testing of the applications.
- Documented applications based on the developed operations, for better future understanding.
- Quickly learned a wide range of technology skills and business knowledge required for my projects.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, External tables, Informatica, Data Pump, TOAD 10, Package, UNIX, MS Office.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Created and modified several UNIX shell scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Wrote Unix Shell scripts to process the files on daily basis like renaming the file, extracting date from the file, unzipping the file and remove the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Involved in production support.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Involved in Architect level to design schemas and developed ER diagrams for the team for better understanding.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Involved in RDBMS design and developed ER-diagrams. Participated in code walkthroughs and review sessions with the development team.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Informatica, Windows XP