An experienced Information Systems Professional skilled in formulating automation solutions, interacting effectively with business customers, third party software vendors and data processing team members for over twenty years.
Languages: Oracle V6, V7, 8, 8i, 9, 10G, 11g, 12c SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, 2008
Operating Systems: UNIX, (Linux, AIX, ATT Unix, HP Unix, Sun/Solaris Unix, Dec Unix) Microsoft Windows, Novell Netware, Digital Apha Open VMS.
Ancillary Skills: Oracle RAC, OCFS2, ASM, Grid Control, Data Guard, Oracle Advanced Replication, Oracle Transparent Gateways for SQL Server, IMS and DB2, Netscape Application Web Server, Oracle Application/Web Server, Oracle Clinical 3.11/3.2/4.0 , Oracle Financials and Manufacturing 10.X and 11i, Documentum, Citrix, MS SQL Server.; Desktop tools S - Designer, ER*WIN, Oracle Designer, Brio Query, Sas, Business Objects, and Data Junction, PeopleSoft, SCT Banner, Oracle Application Server 9i.
Principal Database Engineer
- Install Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud, implement/configure monitoring, agents on heterogeneous targets including MSSQL Server data bases.
- Work with Developers on tuning code for pre-production.
- Proactively manage Oracle Production environments - implementing Performance Pack, upgrade all databases from Confidential Edition Oracle to Enterprise Edition.
- Review AWR, ASH and ADDM reports for performance impacts.
- Install configure Active Data Guard for Production.
- Monitor and troubleshoot standby log shipment apply to standby databases.
- Log miner to analyze periods of excessive redo and transactions correction in production.
- Set up and Testing database using Linux Dockers.
Oracle DBA Contractor
- Support management of large, complex Oracle databases running Oracle 10/11g on Linux Blades and EXADATA features for data compression, partitioning, RAC and RMAN.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of database architectures.
- Support compliancy (SOX) and disaster recovery activities.
- Implement Database Vault, Advanced Security Option.
- Data Center Migration, including Oracle 7 through 11g, including Data Guard, adding standbys, RMAN repository migration, and OID repository migrations.
- Utilize Active Data Guard to migrate VLDB’s to UK data center reducing the down time for cutover.
- Install, patch and configure Oracle RAC 188.8.131.52 using HAIP Redundant Interconnects on a two node RHL 6.2 cluster for Development, Validation and Production environment builds.
- Migrate databases to new environment.
- Tune, troubleshoot, setup RMAN backups .
- Primary DBA for Oracle VM cloud hosted customers running Oracle EBS 12, Fusion Middleware and Oracle 11g RAC solutions.
- Tune, troubleshoot issues as they arise, CPU patching, restores as needed.
- Migrate customers to Confidential Cloud Infrastructure including installation of Oracle EBusiness, Database, Weblogic, GlassFish configurations.
- Work with clients on NAT IP mapping pre-post conversion.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Install, configure, maintain 75+ two node Oracle 184.108.40.206 RAC, ASM databases, using Flashback Database and Data Guard.
- Backup and restore databases using RMAN. Monitoring through Grid Control.
- Upgrade Oracle, Grid, ASM & Data Guard 220.127.116.11. Use ADDM, AWR and ASH to proactively monitor performance.
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Install /upgrade and configure Oracle Grid (ASM) and RAC One 18.104.22.168 on RHL Size and configure Flashback area.
- Troubleshoot performance testing loads of 10K users for a State Lottery System deployment.
- Setup Data Guard, RMAN backups, perform restores for environment rollbacks as needed to support testing.
- Run and analyze AWR, ASH and ADDM reports out of Grid/Enterprise Manager for performance enhancements.
Principal Oracle DBA DBA
- Manage off shore resources DBA team.
- Technical Team Leader responsibilities including manage production and QA financial data warehouse environment using Oracle 10g and Data Guard.
- Implement 11g Active Data Guard for new 11g HA web application.
- Streamline release procedures to all environments.
- Implement Grid Control for centralized monitoring and performance tuning. Migrate RMAN repository.
- Implement Flashback Database for DR testing efforts resulting in 12 hour DR time savings.
Senior Oracle DBA DBA
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Implement Confidential on 11g. Patch management, tuning via AWR, ASH and ADDM, team leader responsible for engaging and offshore DBA team, and one junior DBA onsite at Confidential for two production environments and four test environments all treated as 7X24.
- Forecasting space and memory requirements for all database servers, implement automated dba maintenance jobs in unix.
- Install and configure Confidential for MS Sql server. Run and review ASH, ADDM, AWR reports for performance tuning.
- Identify PIA information per HIPPA requirements and determine how to encrypt this data.
Oracle Data Warehouse Architect DBA
- Implement Federated Data Warehouse Solution using Oracle, Netezza, Sybase and DB2 Federation Server.
- Technical team lead role. Install and configure DB2 Federated Server on AIX and Windows platforms.
- Design access utilizing wrappers to different disparate data sources. (relational and non relational.)
- Design logical model for financial information, using star and snowflake modeling methodologies.
- Tune, Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Support Oracle 9i upgrades, supporting four Data Guard standby instances, (one for recovery (local), one instance at Confidential.
- Responsible for tuning, running AWR, ASH reports, sql traces, catching the bad sql that pops up in production and in our QA environment/and tuning, supporting developers, releasing code to Test, QA and Production.
- Migrating to 10g, 64 bit platform. Installed 11g, GRID repository using ASM 11g. Involved in planning 3Q next year migration to RAC - destructive system testing/ plans and TAF testing/ plans.
- Environment is a 4g SGA daily concurrent users a across the county on a Windows 32 bit system, Heathcare system that Doctors and Hospitals use for clinical information and billing.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Supported the following Document Technologies, Documentum, Orchestria and Calligo.
- Tune, troubleshoot, set up new environments, upgrade, performance tuning activities as needed.
- Monitor database performance issues in Oracle Grid Control, using AWR, ASH and ADDM reporting to examine top performance issues and top poor performing queries.
- Implement Confidential solution for an online reporting database for one environment.
- Mentor Documentum administrators as technical team leader to build their Oracle DBA experience.
Confidential, Windsor, CT
- Terabyte E Business Oracle Applications environment. Primary responsibility OATM migrations, testing and releasing to production in phases.
- Tune and troubleshoot performance problems, installation and configuration of patches to all environments.
- Clone Oracle Applications environments as needed to support testing activities.
- Investigate Data Guard Solution for reporting environment.
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Support Oracle 9i 4 terabyte OLTP Claims database release process, tuning and troubleshooting performance issues on a daily basis.
- Cover for Tech Team lead as needed.
- Manage the timely release schedule to dev, test and production environments, assisting developers with structured coding techniques.
- Ensure backup and nightly mirror split processes complete successfully.
- Implement a proactive weekly performance review process.
- Perform test database environment refreshes on demand.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant.
- Project Management duties for Oracle 10g upgrades.
- Support Oracle in a production environment.
- Implement Grid control for all Oracle Databases.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Senior Oracle DBA
- Implement/Support Oracle 10g Release 2 in a RAC environment using OCFS2 and ASM.
- Migrating Oracle Databases from stand alone to a RAC environment.
- Daylight Savings Time patching for all environments.
- Attended/completed Oracle RAC 2 for Administrators in January.
- Set up hot backups and automated database maintenance in a clustered database environment.
- Mentor junior DBA’s.
- Implement Grid Control for Enterprise monitoring solution. Install and configure Data Guard.