- Customer - centric focused professional that is Security+ certified, providing client solutions through merging of data and technological equipment and building strong relationships with key clients.
- Recurrent success in systems conflict resolution through Helpdesk troubleshooting for software, hardware, and user errors.
- Ensure protection of data and communication transmissions through management of system security protocols in highly regulated healthcare / education industries.
- Skilled at integrating database administration tasks across multiple software platforms and operating environments.
- Technical expertise in equipment and software of both computer and telephony data and voice transmissions to enhance communication systems for end-users.
- Database Design & Upgrades
- Helpdesk Support
- Project Management Database Management
- Client Solutions
- Technical Troubleshooting
- System Migration
- Quality Assurance
- Data Networks
- Client Solutions
- Communications Cabling
Operating Systems / Software: Windows XP/2000, Linux, Unix, AIX, Data Protector, Data Guard, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Oracle 8i - 12c software, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Toad, SQL Developer, Outlook, SQL Server
Hardware: Oracle Database, Desktop Computers, Tablets, Fiber Optic Cabling, Wireless Connectivity Cabling, Telephony Equipment, VPN
Confidential, Portsmouth, VA
- Provided support on the search and rescue database for the Coast Guard contract.
- Provide administration and control data resources, implement data dictionaries, data security and perform data backups.
- Also using data modeling techniques to analyze and specify data requirements and structures, as well as tuning the customer database.
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
- Promoted from Level 1 administrator to Level 2 in April 2014 to oversee and manage 230 databases in data center and 1,800 SQL Server databases for leading pharmaceutical companies .
- Established primary and standby Data Guard databases and provided Oracle security patch updates and backup strategies involving Data Protector, TSM, and RMAN to ensure data integrity and customer satisfaction with access while maintaining compliance with federal HIPAA privacy and communication regulations.
- Migrated data using Data Pump or through refreshes.
- Created replication databases to allow clients access to certain data within the databases hosted in the data center.
- Participated in on-call rotation to expedite customer response time for troubleshooting concerns such as performance tuning, capacity issues, etc. and addressing Oracle database questions involving multiple operating platforms: Linux, AIX, HP Unix, and Windows.
- Maintained the shell scripts which monitored availability, tablespace usage, replication job status, etc. for the client databases
- Led training of technical skills proficiencies and ensured proper documentation in training records.
- Ensured data integrity for accurate payroll recording for each shift and tasks completed.
- Level 1 client response for troubleshooting issues with servers and databases in data center.
- Implemented data center system monitoring, performed preventive maintenance, and maintained ‘Data Protector’ backups to mitigate risks of system or user errors on daily basis.
Customer Service Representative
- Provided technical support in Helpdesk environment to Confidential field representatives.
- Assisted field representatives in resolving systems issues with Windows laptop/tablet environments, Lotus Notes, Outlook, VPN, wireless and dial-up connectivity.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
Technical Support Representative
- Resolved customer issues with wireless phone voicemail, activation, and calling features in addition to billing inquiries resolution and rate plan upgrades and downgrades.
Confidential, Lynchburg, VA
- Replaced all desktop computers with installation of Dell Dimension desktops and migrated systems through imaging hard drives with Windows, MS Office, and other software programs for all teachers in school system. Provided naming convention to identify workstations on school network.
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
Associate Communications Service Tech
- Installed 5ESS communication equipment buildings and provided all equipment connectivity through power, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling and switchboard management.
- Built new wireless sites and installed Confidential Series II cellular equipment for Confidential .