- A competent professional with 6+ years of extensive experience in developing oracle applications using Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i and PL/SQL in diverse sectors including Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Banking, Health care and Aeronautical.
- Good Knowledge in Oracle Architecture, Data Dictionary, DBMS Packages and Normalization Techniques.
- Rich Experience in developing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Shell - Scripts and SQL Loader Scripts.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle Cursor Management, Collections, Hierarchical Queries and Exception Handling.
- Reduced time for night batch jobs by reviewing PLSQL code and modifying database parameters.
- Experience in application development using various advanced features of Oracle like Bulk Techniques, Table Functions, Autonomous Transactions, Dynamic SQL, Object Types and Records.
- Ability to implement Agile Methodology according to constraints and business needs.
- Expertise in distributed query Performance Tuning by using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace and TKPROF Utilities, Hints provided by oracle.
- Extensive experience in Data Migration techniques using Oracle External Tables, SQL* Loader, Import/ Export, Bulk and Batch Processing.
- Implemented DBA tasks such as creating users, granting and revoking privileges on database objects and taking backups.
- Good hands on experience in creation of database objects like Tables, Views, materialized views, indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Worked in Client-Server application development using Oracle Forms Builder 11g/10g/6i and Oracle Reports Builder 11g/10g/9i/6i.
- Worked on Scenario Matrix, Query/Report Analysing, Validation and testing various forms built using Forms Builder .
- Good working knowledge of UNIX and AIX operating systems.
- Expertise in performing Data export, Import and various operations using Toad.
- Extensive experience in Database query tuning, Performance tuning (HINTS, EXPLAIN PLAN).
- Experience on Client-Server application development using Oracle PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*LOADER.
- Thorough knowledge of front-end reporting tools Crystal Report.
- Expert knowledge using Normalization Techniques for database design with Relational technology.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Development, Testing and Documentation of projects.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Systems Integration Testing.
- Provided assistance in Logical and Physical Data Modeling using ERWIN.
- Experienced in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake schema and creating Entity Relationship diagrams and Data Modeling using Toad and Visio.
- Working experience in creating reports based on Tables, Views and Procedures.
- Experience in writing Technical design documents and developing unit test documents.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level and possess excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a strong desire to achieve specified goals.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i (SQL, PL/SQ), MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008 , DB2, TERADATA
Developer Tools : PL/ SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, TOAD, SQL*Plus, PUTTY, WINSCP
GUI/Reports : Oracle Reports 10g/9i/6i, Forms 11g/10g/9i/6i and APEX
Languages/Utilities: SQL, PL/SQL , UNIX shell scripts , Java , XML, Perl Scripting
Other Tools: SQL*Loader, ERWIN, MS Visio.
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/XP, Win 7/Vista, Red Hat Linux 6/5, AIX, SUN Solaris, HP UNIX
Version Control Software: VSS, WINCVS, PVCS, WIN Office
SR/Ticketing Systems: HP Service Center, Service Manager, Service Now, JIRA, SYSAID
Confidential, Ridgeland, MS
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in the Preparation of the Technical specification documents, Business Requirement Documents that gives the comprehensive details about the requirements.
- Created and maintained database objects like Tables, Constraints, Views, Indexes, Materialized Views and Synonyms to meet the business requirements.
- Involved in designing and writing the logical data structures, triggers, functions, and stored procedures.
- Created Stored Procedures, triggers and functions to retrieve data from database using PL/SQL.
- Heavily involved in Performance Tuning at the application level.
- Design, code and test listener programs, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve, processing problems.
- Responsible for supporting the Rappahannock Electric Cooperative Customer Information Systems.
- Involved in tuning SQL statements and PL/SQL processes.
- Created complex Reports using Oracle reports Developer.
- Developed various new reports from scratch and existing reports for modifications using Oracle Reports Builder.
- Deployed the SQL script and RDF into the client’s Staging Site for testing the reports.
- Worked on Data Migration and Data Conversion from Client’s database to local oracle tables via batch processing for transition into a simplistic level.
- Used SQL*Loaders to download and manipulate files the data into database.
- Actively participated with DBA to utilize performance management issues.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts that will interact with the PL/ SQL Objects.
- Documented and performed unit testing for all components prior to migrating them to production.
- Developed and maintained test plans.
- Solving any technical issues arising during development and integration phases.
- Unit testing, troubleshooting & bug fixing.
- Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, Resource Planning, code development, testing, implementing and maintenance.
- A well-developed ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Highly self-motivated.
- Defect assignment, resolving escalated issues proactively.
- Defect tracking & maintaining defect log.
- Prepare weekly/monthly status reports.
Tools: & Technologies: Oracle 11g, Reports10g, MS Visio, Rational Clear Case, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, S QL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Sr. Oracle Developer (PL/SQL, Forms & Reports)
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Designed and Developed Tables, views, materialized views, functions, procedures, triggers, cursors and packages using PL/SQL and SQL to transfer data into the database table and automated the Existing Database Table Loads.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader scripts to load legacy data into Staging tables and relevant Packages to validate and cleanse data.
- Created Cursors and database triggers for maintaining complex integrity constraints and implementing the complex business rules.
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures to load data from Flat files and Oracle into the target Oracle database.
- Worked on Partitioning and indexing concepts (Local and Global) indexes on partition tables.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using Joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the database.
- Worked with Data migration team, providing the mapping between the source and target systems.
- Designed intermediate database tables as per technical specifications
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, db links and privileges.
- Worked to translate business information requirements into technical data definitions. Worked closely with business analysts to understand and document business needs for decision support data.
- Developed cross reference tables needed for the data migration from the source to target systems.
- Created Unix Shell script to automate the FTP processes for receiving and sending the files.
- Prepared program specification for PL/SQL procedures to do the conversion.
- Used external tables to manipulate data obtained daily before loading them into the tables.
- Responsible for performing code reviews.
- Involved in Technical Documentation, Performance testing, User Acceptance testing of the application and participated in Code and Design Reviews, Status meetings and Walkthroughs. Involved in continuous enhancement, optimization and fixing of problems.
Tools: & Technologies: Oracle 11g, Forms10g, Reports10g, APEX, Rational Clear Case, PL/SQL, S QL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader
Confidential, Denver, CO.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Gathered the requirements from Business Users and passed on the requirements to the team.
- Created PLSQL Packages, Functions and Procedures according to business requirements that load data to Tables.
- Involved in creation of objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Indexes, Triggers and Collections.
- Extensively used PLSQL Developer for creating Database Objects.
- Used Cursors, REFCURSORS and user defined types as a part of PLSQL programming.
- Created Indexes on Table for fast retrieval of data and enhancing the processing.
- Worked with Business Analyst and had discussions with end users to make changes according to their request.
- Involved in developing Extraction-Transformation-Loading (ETL) process, using SQL*Loader and PL/SQL Package UTL FILE.
- Involved in writing technical documentation, performed Integration Test and Unit Test.
- Worked on Complex Queries and improved performance.
- Extensively worked on Forms and Reports extending the functionality of existing, debugging for issues and fixing them.
- Conducted day to day Validation using Forms and Reports.
- Performed code reviews to enhance performance.
- Used External Tables and SQL Loader to manipulate the data that is obtained from external sources before loading to tables.
- Coordinated with DBA in manipulation of Tables, Views etc. according to requests.
- Performed Troubleshooting using Debugging Tools.
- Developed various Packages to process the data.
- Used TOAD to address day to day issues with end users.
- Used Triggers and Views to enhance the security.
- Used Materialized Views to simplify Data warehouse summary management and speed query processing at the same time.
- Created PL/SQL based ETL process to transfer data from legacy sources to staging area and from staging area to data warehouse.
- Analyzed the requirements and framed the business logic for the ETL process.
- Generated various reports out of OLTP system for validation and transforming.
- Created PL/SQL program units to include DDL statements using Dynamic SQL.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts to automate FTP Process for receiving and sending files.
- Worked with job schedulers like DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Executed PL/SQL Procedures using UNIX Shell Scripts for updating of Base tables from Transaction Tables.
Tools: & Technologies: Oracle 11g/9i, SQL, PLSQL, SQL*Developer, Windows 8, UNIX, Oracle Forms Builder 11g, Oracle Reports Builder 11g, SQL*Loader, PUTTY.
- Worked with end users in collecting Business Requirements.
- Involved in gathering requirements for the new enhancements and participated in Database Design changes and prepared documentation of the application.
- Co-ordinate with Business and Data Analysts in reviewing the requirements, posing questions and translating business requirements to technical specifications.
- Involved in logical modeling and physical modeling of application.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL Scripts using PL/SQL.
- Loaded the data into database tables using SQL*loader from text and excel files.
- Developed data model, SQL Queries, SQL Query tuning process and Schemas.
- Worked with bulk collect to Implement the performance of multi row queries
- Data loaded from legacy systems using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
- Wrote various kinds of SQL queries involving correlated Sub queries, UNION, Inner and Outer Joins.
- Developed Procedures for efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Developed Shell scripts to automate execution of SQL scripts to check incoming data with master tables, insert the valid data into Customer Management System and invalid data into error tables which will be sent back to sender notifying the errors.
- Generated various analytical reports using Microsoft Access.
- Worked with java developers to repair and enhance current base of PL/SQL packages to fix production issues and build new functionality and improve processing time through code optimizations and indexes.
- Created partitioned tables, partitioned indexes for manageability and scalability.
- Used Toad for creating PL/SQL (trigger, sequence, stored procedure).
Tools: & Technologies: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL, SQL*Loader, MS Access, UNIX Shell script,, Oracle Forms 10g, Reports10g, UNIX.