- Experienced, dedicated, and detail - oriented Oracle DBA & Programmer with over 20 years of technical experience working on major projects. Adept at developing, maintaining, performance tuning, migrating, and updating Oracle databases. Solid analytical, communication, problem solving, critical thinking, leadership, and technical skills. Skilled in various Oracle versions, along with SQL Plus, OEM Support Workbench, SAP rollouts, Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems, and Business Objects. Currently seeking a position as Oracle Database Administrator by demonstrating all acquired skills, abilities, and areas of expertise as follows:
- Database Administration
- Architecture Management
- VMware Virtualization
- Data Editing/Conversion
- DB Backup/Recovery
- SQL Development
- Database Security
- ERP Implementation
- SAN Exploitation
- Database Migration
- Infrastructure Support
- Firewall Management
- Team Leadership
- Special Project Support
Confidential, Exton, PA
- Centralized management of all Oracle database with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control running on an Oracle 12c database and Linux.
- Used Oracle EMCC to monitor, manage, patch and troubleshoot and report on all databases.
- Consolidated management activities by using monitoring template and the job system.
- Centralized Oracle agent patching using EMCC patching facility.
- Upgraded all 10g database to 11g using Reflections for long running processes such as binary installation and database migration.
- Used SAN mirroring to preserve database prior to any major upgrade and RMAN for our standard backup solution. Activated block change tracking to allow for faster incremental backup reducing length of backup window.
- Patching was performed on all database instances on quarterly basis or as needed.
- Implemented Oracle roles to manage client access to minimize administrative overhead.
- Monitored backups, Oracle alerts, EMCC metric alerts, database and OS capacity on daily basis.
- Maintained quality, development and sandbox by refreshing from production as requested by client community and prior to any major SAP software rollout.
- Supported SAP ECC, HCM, Portal, Business Objects, BI, Solution Manager and manufacturing MII applications as well in-house developed systems in support of our shop floors.
- Utilized Oracle Data Pump for routine backups and migrations.
- Lead the database logical and physical design activities while developing the replacement of our outdated Oracle 9i vendor system called PEAK that is used for our plant process orders.
- Utilized Oracle Data Guard to manage our production standby database that was also used as a read only database to support our TABLEAU 10.5 client base
- Utilized SAP BR* utilities for SAP/Oracle Tablespace maintenance, statistics gathering, backups, database reorganization.
- Developed a document management system using Linux bash to manage SAP IDocs edits, error checking, e-mail notification, archival when sending documents from SAP and Windows (PDFs, Excel, Word) to our metals customers as well posting incoming documents to SAP.
- Consulted with all customers to ensure our products were meeting their needs and to conduct interviews to determine where our other offering could improve their processing needs.
- Coached our sales and technical staff to ensure we met our customer needs as determined by our SLA and to ensure the proper solutions were being considered.
- Managed Windows servers, wired/wireless networks, backup/recovery solutions, desktop support, application installation, MS-Office, QuickBooks installation/upgrades.
- Installed new Windows Servers, Network appliances, cabling, printers, desktops, patching and migration where required.
- Performed sales interview to determine customer needs and provided written proposal for products and scope of work.
- Upgraded all 10g database to 11g using Oracle Installer and SQLPLUS.
- Installed, Implemented and Administered the EMC SAN for all SAP database. Developed LUN naming standard as well as determining how LUNs will be allocated. Created mirrors/clones and snapshots as needed to support database and software changes.
- Developed Windows and SQL scripts for customized monitoring, reporting and landscape startup/shutdown activities.
- Served as a liaison between IT infrastructure and other IT groups (developer, security, storage management).
- Performed program performance walkthrough with developers and support troubleshooting task for migration of our Customer Service system.
- Installed and Implemented FTP server and developed all coding to meet company and application requirement (customer billing, utility RFPs, SAP transfers, etc.).
- Performed SAP Basis including SAP installations, implementations and upgrades.
- Lead Database team and participated on disaster recovery and architecture teams.