- Over 8 years of Oracle Database Administration experience Administrator including 10g, 11g, 12c and 18c.
- Build RAC clusters.
- Build Data Guard standby databases.
- Build databases on AWS EC2 instances.
- Worked as a lead in Data Center Consolidation on large database systems.
- Mentors the team on technology concepts and ensures team compliance.
- Managed databases on different platform like Linux, AIX, Solaris, and Windows etc.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Performed various refreshes using Data Pump.
- Helps motivate team members to get the best out of team.
- Worked as a Primary support for database related issues with clients.
- Worked on multiple projects in parallel to daily DBA activities.
- Designed Data Archival policy on high transactions tables using Bulk deletes, partition drops, exchange partition, Transportable Table spaces.
- Implemented Disaster Recover Site with Data Guard and maintained Physical Standby Databases along with Active Data Guard.
- Build ASM Diskgroups and managed them.
- Performed Database Tuning & Performance, Storage Management, Capacity planning, Database Monitoring, Security Management and Tuning SQL queries.
- Worked with various Oracle Replication technologies like Oracle Materialize Views, Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Active Data Guard.
- Used tools like TOAD, 13c cloud Control to monitor database performance.
- Build and administer SQL Server 2008 and 2012 standalone and cluster databases.
- Provided analysis to other teams and keep them informed for better resource management.
- Build configured and managed 12c and 18c databases.
- Managed databases on Exadata.
- Installation of RHEL7 set up group/users, installing Linux packages and setting parameters
- Provided 24/7 on - call support.
- Coordinated tasks with offshore team members.
- Upgrade databases from 11g to 12c to 18c.
- Build 11g, 12cand 18c RAC from scratch including Linux OS installation.
- Worked on PSU and bundle patching.
- New features and enhancements of RMAN, Flashback and log miner.
- SQL Access Advisor, Performance Analyzer, Plan Manager, Automatic SQL Tuning, SQL performance analyzer, Table compression and SQL access advisor, SQL plan management and Database replay.
- Table compression enhancement.
- Configure and worked on Active Data Guard.
- Worked on 13c cloud control.
10g, 11g, 12c, 18c Oracle Database Administration: SQL Server Database Administration
RAC: Data Guard
Data Pump: Patching
Performance Tuning: TOAD, SQL Developer, OEM
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provided day to day support of 11g, 12 and 18c databases.
- Managed database using OEM.
- Setup alerts and backup jobs from 13c cloud control.
- Build 4-node RAC Cluster.
- Managed databases in AWS.
- Applied PSU and CRS bundle patches.
- Administered ASM disk groups.
- Setup Data Guard.
- Managed and resolve gaps on standby databases.
- Managed databases over 30TB in size.
- Automate jobs via shell scripts and dbms jobs.
- Refresh database and schemas using export/imports and data pump.
- Clone databases using RMAN duplicate database.
- Migrated databases on Exadata.
- Worked on advance features of Exadata.
- Performed RMAN restore and recoveries.
- Implemented and planned out Server Security and authentication.
- Started working on GoldenGate uni-directional replication.
- Change Capture and Delivery (with and without a Data Pump).
- Upgrade database from 11g to 12c.
- Involved in Database Migration from one data center to another one.
- 24x7x365 production support.
- Worked on Performance tuning tasks.
- Analyzed ASH, AWR, tkprof reports.
- Used ADDM to diagnose issues.
- Used SQL Developer and TOAD along with command line.
- Created documents to share via SharePoint.
- Refreshed tables and schemas using data pump.
- Clone database using RMAN duplicate.
- Restore and recover databases from RMAN backups.
- Administered and maintained database security policies and procedures.
- Used external tables and SQL*Loader to import data from flat files.
- Monitored database space requirements and adjusted for future needs.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 24 X 7 Production database administration, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
- Proactive database monitoring using 11g grid monitoring tool.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of RAC, Stand by database. Installed and Configured Oracle 11g RAC, CRS using ASM.
- Implemented the Physical Data Guard in Maximum performance mode for production system in case of disaster recovery, maintain primary and standby databases.
- Database migrations from HP-UX11 to AIX 6.1 platforms.
- SQL tuning using statspack and explain plan, tkprof.
- Setup jobs/alerts using OEM.
- Assisted in migrating data from Oracle RDBMS to MS SQL Server.
- Developer Environment Setup, Support, Cloning and Refreshes.
- Responsible for upgrade & migrating databases from 10g to 11g & 11g to 12c.
- Conducting sizing & capacity planning for Oracle databases.
- Upgrading development and production databases to Oracle 11g, 12c & OEM.
- Install, configured and maintained Oracle 10g on Linux Red Hat 5.
- Clone database from Production to Development, QA testing environments
- Create materialized view (snapshot).
- Installed, patched, and configured Oracle 10g and monitoring Oracle database.
- Worked on Database Upgrades.
- Worked with MS SQL Server team.
- Upgraded MS SQL server 2008 R2 to MS SQL server 2012.
- Used windows performance monitor to improve server performance.
- Worked on MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS) to perform ETL services.
- Rolling install Oracle patch in Oracle RAC 11g.
- Upgrade database from 10g to 11g.
- Monitoring database in GRID CONTROL, OEM and OS level.
- Provided support to Application Database Administrators in designing the database.
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures.
- Used RMAN for backup and recovery. Performed backup validations using RMAN.
- Management of schemas, objects partitioning the tables & indexes.
- Automation of data load using Korn shell scripting and SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Database administration tasks involving installation, performance tuning, space management, user management, backup & recovery strategy planning.
- Supported customers to install the developed application on different operating system.
- Security Management: Creating Users, Roles, Database Triggers.
- Management of Space and Rollback Segments.
- Installation, Setup and Configuration of Data Guard.
- Monitoring and tuning RAC environments.
- Supported Oracle DB backups (online/offline), logical backups and UNIX scripts.
- Created clone databases, configured standby database.
- Configuration Data Guard, also known as the primary database, and some Standby database, which are transitionally consistent, copies of the primary database.
- Involved in design and enforcing of standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Tuning database and helping developers tune Application.
- Cloning Databases using scripts as well as RMAN.
- Involved with the development team to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Handling Exceptions, creating database Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle and Tuning the SQL.
- For Oracle/System backups: Hot backups of archived log files, cold backups of data files, logical backups using Export.
- Backup and Recovery procedures for the Oracle 10g database, which includes documenting the process Addressing DR Tests and prepare documentation addressing weekly/Daily, analyze jobs connectivity and troubleshooting of connectivity problems between databases and client computers.